• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Some new event quests

Bor de Wolf 1965

Just over 2 month ago we had a discussion about some more easy to do quests for all chapters and some others for the higher chapter players as well.
I see people here complain as well about the same old quests so I place the once we came up here and hope the developers will finally pick up on them.
  1. Build 1 tier 1 factory and upgrade that same factory to level 4
  2. produce one of every item in your workshop. (1x beverages, 1x simple tools, 1x bread, 1x advanced tools and 1x toolbox)
  3. collect 5 event items from around your town. (now they are keys)
  4. open 1 item in the event portal. (the item that gives you progression points for the event)
  5. give neighbourly help to people that give them back as well.
  6. Place 1 trade and collect 1 trade from your neighbours.
  7. Greet your fellow FS members. (type o/ en the fellowship chat)
  8. spend x gold
  9. spend x supply's
  10. do 1 fight with only barracks soldiers
  11. produce 3x "type x" fighters from your barracks (type x can be light melee, light ranged, magic, heavy melee or heavy ranged)
  12. Start a scout
  13. place a culture item
  14. sell a building
  15. place a reaction on the forum. ( INNO need to make a special reaction topic for the event )
  16. use 50 event payment items (for this event they are keys)
  17. Upgrade a building (it doesn't matter what building and what level)
  18. Collect x light ranged units from any military building.
Some of these are simple to do but might take up some time and some are just funny and easy to do.
Maybe you can come up with more quests but keep in mind, people in lower chapters should be able to do most of them as well.

The first 7 quests I came up my self and the others are from other Dutch players.

edeba

I like these.
  1. collect 5 event items from around your town. (now they are keys)
  2. Place 1 trade and collect 1 trade from your neighbours.
  3. Start a scout
I really didn't like some of the ideas, like number 1, 2, 7, 10, 11, 15 and 18.

Skillpowers

im not sure how many events you have already done but out of the 18 most of them are pretty bad if you think about so i assume u haven't done alot of events.

in the past you had events that you need to collect 2d production , and thats bad for new players so thats why the 9 hour productions are the maximum now.

the only usefull one out of all the 18 is the "start a scout" this one basicly already exist but in a different way , it did work thesame way with colfire fenix but they changed it so you get kp (if you need) when you start the scout, start a scout is good for high level players.

spend "x" gold already exist trough trading with the trader.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I start playing at December 31 2018 on the Dutch Arendyll server.
So yes I have done a lot of events already.
most of the quest we came up with on the Dutch forum were simple to do and some are just so easy like just saying hello to your fellowship members.
Not everything in the quests has to be serious and difficult but more funny quests would be nice to see.
And more important, I don't think any of the quest makers ever came up with the idea of using the event pickup items as a part of a quest as well.
So let them think out of the normal box they use.

I never think outside of the box, but I use a way bigger box compared to others.

Enevhar Aldarion

in the past you had events that you need to collect 2d production , and thats bad for new players so thats why the 9 hour productions are the maximum now.

Those old 1 and 2-day factory production quests were actually retired once sentient goods were added in chapter 12 and enough of us complained about no longer having 1 or 2-day productions in our fully leveled factories, that they stopped using those quests. Same with the old quests that required productions in non-boosted factories, when Inno tells us all the time that we should never build non-boosted. Why it took them so much longer to adjust the FA badges from needing non-boosted, I do not know.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Bor de Wolf 1965 Here is the quest list from the April 2018 Phoenix Cult event. This was the oldest large event I could find a list for. Events older than this one had even more annoying quests than are on this list. And please ignore the extra stuff, as I copied it straight from the Platinum Leaf file that @Jackluyt has archived in their Facebook group.

1. Produce 1 Beverages (5 minute workshop) - reward 10 Sky Essence, 200 Coins, 200 Supplies
2. Produce 2 Simple Tools (15 minute workshop) - reward 10 Sky Essence, 20 Marble
3. Gain 20 Culture - reward 10 Sky Essence, 20 Steel
4. Gain 10 Population - reward 11 Sky Essence, 20 Planks
5. Spend one Knowledge Point - reward 11 Sky Essence, 1000 Coins
6. Move one Building - reward 11 Sky Essence, 3 Knowledge Points
7. Upgrade 2 Buildings to level 2 or higher - reward 12 Sky Essence, 1000 Supplies, 3ooo Coins
8. Gain a small amount (9250) of Coins - reward 12 Sky Essence, 750 Supplies
9. Gain a small amount (1710) of Supplies - reward 12 Sky Essence, 2000 Coins
10. Produce 5 Bread (1 hour workshop) - reward 12 Sky Essence, 2000 Coins
11. Produce 8 Simple Tools (15 minute workshop) - reward 13 Sky Essence, 3000 Coins
12. Produce 3 Basket of Groceries (9 hour workshops ) - reward 13 Sky Essence, 4000 Coins
13. Produce 25 Beverages (5 minutes workshops) - reward 13 Sky Essence, 2000 Coins
14. Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher - reward 14 Sky Essence, 5000 Coins
15. Spend 5 Knowledge Points - reward 14 Sky Essence, 1000 Supplies
16. Accept 5 Trade Offers and Place 1 Trade Offer - reward 14 Sky Essence
17. Gain 16 Relics - reward 15 Sky Essence, 10000 Coins
18. Solve 12 Encounters or buy 12 Knowledge Points - reward 15 Sky Essence
19. Train 60 Units - reward 15 Sky Essence
20. Produce 4 Tier One boosted goods, 3 hour production - reward 16 Sky Essence
21. Produce 3 Tier One boosted goods, 9 hour production - reward 16 Sky Essence,
22. Produce 2 Tier One boosted goods, 24 hour production - reward 16 Sky Essence
23. Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher - reward 17 Sky Essence
24. Gain a small amount of Coins (55 500) - reward 17 Sky Essence
25. Gain a small amount of Supplies (34 200) - reward 18 Sky Essence
26. Train a mighty amount (1509) of Troops - reward 18 Sky Essence
27. Produce 1 of each Tier One goods 3 hour run - reward 19 Sky Essence
28. Gain a small amount (2550) of Marble - reward 19 Sky Essence
29. Gain a small amount of Steel (2550) - reward 19 Sky Essence
30. Gain a small amount of Planks (2550) - reward 20 Sky Essence
31. Produce 1 Tier One Boosted goods 48 hour run - reward 20 Sky Essence
32. Produce 5 Tier One Boosted goods 3 hour run - reward 20 Sky Essence
33. Spend 7 Knowledge Points - reward 21 Sky Essenc
34. Produce Simple Tools 20 times (15 minute workshop) - reward 22 Sky Essence
35. Produce 2 Toolbox (24 hour workshop) - reward 22 Sky Essence
36. Produce 1 of each Tier One goods 9 hour run - reward 23 Sky Essence
37. Gain 20 Relics - reward 23 Sky Essence
38. Solve 14 Encounters or buy 14 Knowledge Points - reward 24 Sky Essence
39. Train a mighty amount (1509) of Units - reward 25 Sky Essence
40. Produce 6 Tier One Boosted goods 3 hour run - reward 25 Sky Essence
41. Produce 5 Tier One Boosted goods 9 hour run - reward 26 Sky Essence
42. Produce 3 Tier One Boosted goods 24 hour run - reward 26 Sky Essence
43. Scout 2 Provinces or upgrade 2 Buildings to level 10 or higher - reward 27 Sky Essence
44. Gain a small amount (1010) of Crystal - reward 28 Sky Essence
45. Gain a small amount of (1010) Scrolls - reward 28 Sky Essence
46. Gain a small amount (1010) of Silk - reward 29 Sky Essence
47. Upgrade 3 buildings to level 3 or higher - reward 30 Sky Essence
48. Gain a decent amount (??) of Coins - reward 30 Sky Essence
49. Gain a decent amount (??) of Supplies - reward 31 Sky Essence
50. Produce 8 Bread (workshop 1 hr) - reward 32 Sky Essence
51. Produce 25 Simple Tools (15 min workshops) - 33 Sky Essence
52, Produce 5 Basket of Groceries (workshop 9 hour) - reward 34 essence
53. Produce 35 Beverages (workshop 5 mins) - reward 34 Sky Essence
54. Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher - reward 35 Sky Essence
55. Spend 10 Knowledge Points - reward 36 Sky Essence
56. Buy 8 Knowledge Points - reward 37 Sky Essence
57. Produce 2 of each Tier One goods 3 hour run - reward 38 Sky Essence
58. Gain a small amount (??) of Marble - reward 39 Sky Essence
59. Gain a small amount (??) of Steel - reward 40 Sky Essence
60. Gain a small amount (??) of Planks - reward 41 Sky Essence
61. Produce 3 Tier One Boosted goods 48 hour run - reward 41 Sky Essence
62. Produce 15 Tier One Boosted goods 3 hour run - reward 42 Sky Essence
63. Spend 13 Knowledge Points - reward 44 Sky Essence
64. Produce 50 Simple Tools (15 min workshops) - reward 45 Sky Essence
65. Produce 5 Toolbox (workshop 24 hours) - reward 46 Sky Essence
66. Produce 2 of each Tier One goods 9 hour run - reward 47 Sky Essence
67. Upgrade 4 buildings to level 4 or higher - reward 48 Sky Essence
68. Gain a decent amount (??) of Coins - reward 49 Sky Essence
69. Gain a decent amount of Supplies (??) - reward 50 Sky Essence
70. Produce 12 Bread (1 hour workshop) - reward 51 Sky Essence
71. Produce 70 Simple Tools (15 min workshop) - reward 53 Sky Essence
72. Produce 8 Basket of Groceries (9 hour workshop) - reward 54 Sky Essence
73. Produce 60 Beverages (5 min workshop) - reward 55 Sky Essence
74. Research 2 technology or upgrade 2 buildings to level 12 or higher - reward 56 Sky Essence
75. Spend 20 Knowledge Points - reward 58 Sky Essence
76. Buy 16 Knowledge Points - reward 59 Sky Essence
77. Gain 32 Relics - reward 61 Sky Essence
78. Solve 20 Encounters or buy 20 Knowledge Points - reward 62 Sky Essence
79. Recruit a huge amount (??) of Units - reward 64 Sky Essence
80. Produce 9 Tier One Boosted goods 3 hour run - reward 65 Sky Essence
81. Produce 7 Tier One Boosted goods 9 hour run - reward 67 Sky Essence
82. Produce 5 Tier One Boosted goods 24 hour run- reward 68 Sky Essence
83. Scout 2 Province or upgrade 2 Building to level 10 or higher - reward 70 Sky Essence
84. Gain a small amount (2550) of Crystal - reward 72 Sky Essence
85. Gain a small amount of (2550) Scrolls - reward 73 Sky Essence
86. Gain a small amount of (2550) Silk - reward 75 Sky Essence

Bor de Wolf 1965

Looking at the quest list, most of them would be fine to do even now for higher level players.
The quest that require tier 1 24h or 48h are not done due to the time limit of the factories you use above level 24
Also quests that require you to produce none boosted goods are not good.

Producing 60 Beverages with only 7 workshops on my main town, it would take some time but it is doable.
Same for 70 Simple Tools.
Move 1 building is so simple and a joke, why did they ever remove that one? I think it is funny.

I almost forget, people are complaining about getting the same quests every time.
Now you show me some older quests and I show you some other quests that could be placed in the mix.
If Inno would do that, people would stop complaining about the same quest for a long period of time.
except for the Dutch, they would even complain about: "there is nothing to complain about ;)

Last edited:

Jaxom

Although I agree that it would be great to see different quests i don't see many in this list that thrill me.
Start a scout YES, Complete a scout is ridiculous when i need almost 5 days to do one.

As people have heard me say in the past, i think event quests should be pertinent to the chapter that a player is in.
Late chapter players should get credit for collecting what they should be collecting mana, seeds, sentient goods, not T1.
Being forced to produce a specific kind of troop isn't going to make me any happier. Spending coins or supplies is too easy (won't slow me down).

Nice to get people thinking about different types of quests. But copy//paste is far too simple for the developers.

SoggyShorts

i think event quests should be pertinent to the chapter that a player is in.
Late chapter players should get credit for collecting what they should be collecting mana, seeds, sentient goods, not T1.
Spending coins or supplies is too easy (won't slow me down).
I find these 2 lines of thought to be contradictory and indicative of the real underlying problem with event quests:

Should event quests be completed by doing what you would(should) normally do to progress your city?​
or​
Should event quests be more like side quests that take you off your main goals?​

At the extremes, both are clearly bad. E.G. completing all quests simply by logging in and resetting your regular productions offers zero challenge, and on the other end placing unneeded expansions or over-scouting is costly long-term and those costs can easily outweigh the rewards.

I did a poll[HERE]about making quests "harder" by including ones that require either lots of logging in or making a large "turd town" and thus taking you off the path of progression.

salandrine

I appreciate that you are thinking about event quests. But many of your possibilities are none at all.

There used to be quests: Accept offers from other players. But often there are no offers for smaller players that they can accept at all. Much too big. That's why it was changed to: Accept offers from the merchant.

And send out a scout, for example: My scout has been on the road for almost 4 days. If I have just sent him off, I have to wait 4 days to be able to start this quest.

And I like to talk in the chat and not have to read an o 25 times. That way important information gets lost.

In addition, I don't want my quest fulfilment to be dependent on the behaviour of other players: polishing back, for example.

That's why I find most of your suggestions well-intentioned, but not well thought-out.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I get the feeling only people that don't want some new quest for an event are responding here.
Now I ask you, Why are so many players here and on some life servers complaining of the same old quests?

Skillpowers

I get the feeling only people that don't want some new quest for an event are responding here.
Now I ask you, Why are so many players here and on some life servers complaining of the same old quests?
i don't think people that "don't" want new quests are responding , its just that the ideas you have are not ideal for the gameplay (you must depend on other players to complete a quest). when other players can do all the quests (up to daily) in 1 day if they wish.

you should be able to do quests without depending on other players.

quests like "produce 3x type fighter" already exist in produce fighters overall. its pointless to create specifics (a pure waste of time) , spend "x suplies" etc already exist in buying from the trader and buy knowledge points.

"use 50 event currency payments" why force players to spend currency while some players are saving them to use for a specific daily reward.

out of the 18 ideas the only one that would be worth spending time to code is the start scout (and this will replace the complete scout task)

Lovec Krys

out of the 18 ideas the only one that would be worth spending time to code is the start scout (and this will replace the complete scout task)
And with the alternative it's the same as finish the scout.
And without alternative it's almost week stopper - my scouts are already scouting for 5 days and 9 hours.

use 50 event payment items
I would certainly vote against something like this. Why should i spend event currency on daily i don't want? I usualy go only for one reward - which means i spend all my event currency in a single day and the rest at last day of event.

Lelanya

So far as your quest, 'Accept x trades', I have given feedback in an event that had quite a few 'Trade with Wholesaler' quests (as some of the Forum regulars can attest). Support gave this as feedback to the Developers, and their response was, time this quest for when the Wholesaler resets, take some before and some afterwards. Sure. Reset happened while I am driving home from work. :rolleyes: