• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Small cities

CrazyWizard

That was my initial plan as well. never to go past orcs. but its all going so smoothly atm, im now leaning at the, why not go further?
Also it looks kinda great to have a maxed out flying academy in that ultra small city. Only to get loads of free priests that are pretty awesome in tournament :p
This city is made to make tournament and spire as cheap as possible. every expansion i placed is a diamond one, because they are a bit easier on difficulty as normal ones. (all diamonds are from crafting and spire).

It feels a bit like playing a game you already know completely, over again, only on hard mode this time :)
1629999884155.png

Karvest

Orcs won't appear in tourney/spire until you switch to woodelves, but yes, there is one orc nest planned for negotiating world map.

Enevhar Aldarion

Orcs won't appear in tourney/spire until you switch to woodelves, but yes, there is one orc nest planned for negotiating world map.

I know the Spire is one chapter later for adding new negotiation items, but I thought the tournament added them the same chapter?

CrazyWizard

I know the Spire is one chapter later for adding new negotiation items, but I thought the tournament added them the same chapter?
Things could never be added in the same chapter, it could mean you need mana for example when you open the new chapter but you can't even place mana buildings.
Or you cannot upgrade your trader yet so you do not have access to seeds, no orks untill you can upgrade your armouries ect.

so it always have to be added after you unluck a new good. aka the next chapter.

Heymrdiedier

It's not about bragging for me, I just want to know how far it is possible to go in tourney without completing orcs. We have an ultra small (7 expansions) experimental city, but it hasn't reached orcs yet.
About how far you can go. I got an ancient city that stopped in orcs, and is close to 50 provinces explored.
But that city has placed far too much expansions to be viable for tournament/spire.
It used to be my main FA city (when i still found FA fun) so it has maxed out on space.

Karvest

That's not a small city, just a regular not oversized orcs city. Small is few times smaller. =)

Karvest

The smallest City I have seen is this one
Smallest is base 6 expansions, like this (city was deleted 4 months ago and restarted from scratch), but it won't pass orcs barrier, which require at least one more expansion for guest races.

SoggyShorts

Orc Nests and event building.s And event buildings for mana and seeds.
1. Those didn't always exist.
2. You'd still be completely locked out of the tournament without warning after researching advanced scouts until you got some event/craftable buildings.

Even if you did craft 1-2 nests as a normal city, how much tournament would that get you?

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

Smallest is base 6 expansions, like this (city was deleted 4 months ago and restarted from scratch), but it won't pass orcs barrier, which require at least one more expansion for guest races.
I'm not sure why you would a city that small. the extra cost of placing a few expansions, doesn't count for much compared to the cost you already get from research. I'm also not sure that city could be self-sufficient in terms of goods if you want to do much tournament and spire.
And i wouldn't want to risk my city being deleted because im getting goods from a bigger account on a structural basis.

My city currently has 18 expansions, and i think id want to end at 20 just for practical use 4x5

Karvest

Linked city is fully self-sufficient, and haven't received any goods feed. that's why it is so slow in conquering the map. Once it open all provinces it would be able to do full spire and 5400 points every tourney (now it can easily do full spire+3500 and save some goods for map exploration).

maxiqbert

Linked city is fully self-sufficient, and haven't received any goods feed. that's why it is so slow in conquering the map. Once it open all provinces it would be able to do full spire and 5400 points every tourney (now it can easily do full spire+3500 and save some goods for map exploration).
quite impressive
a little absurd, but still a feat!