• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Slow Road To Glory

• Thread starter DeletedUser1899
  • Start date

DeletedUser1899

Summery:
A way, over time that fellowships can get further into the tournament

Description:
I propose adding +100 tournament points to every reward box after the first one... These points will not count towards the tournament you are currently working on but will instead be added to the start of the next tournament and are accumulative...
Example:
A fellowship gets to the 4th box on current tournament.. They will start the next tournament with 300 points already done... On that next tournament they get to the 4th box again gaining another 300 points taking their total to 600 points... The next tournament they will start with 600 points already done and wow they actually made it to the 5th box this time, gaining them 400 points to put their score at 1000 to start the next tournament with... These points keep accumulating until the top box is gained, then they reset back to 0..

Motivation:
Not every fellowship is full of top players, this would be a way that every fellowship can eventually reach the top prize in the tournament slowly over time... a lot of fellowships have newer or casual players, that the goal of progressing down the rewards will never be attainable.. I am in 3 very active fellowships and we always end up with the 4th box knocking hard on the 5ths door... This will be a very slow process but eventually attainable..

Possible Downsides:
These points earned stay with the fellowship and any player who would join during any of tournament rounds would not be eligible for that tournaments prizes.. They become eligible the following tournament.. this would stop fellowship jumping during the last round that the grand prize is awarded...

Summery:
I do think something like this system is needed so fellowships have a reasonable way to eventually reach the grand prize. Short of the developers dropping the points of each box or making the points accumulative, which I cant see happening.. Even if they lowered the points, the same big ranked fellowships would end up with the box every round, and I think that is why the points are high to begin with..

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhurrin

Though I would prefer the waypoints were recalibrated making it possible (difficult, but possible) for a FS to gain the prize, this would be an idea I support since it at least gives players a sense of progress.
Even my FS on the dutch server where all players participapated and where about half are in the woodelves chapter, and we didnt even come close. We managed 5 chests and that drained too much in resources and troops to do that every week. So many players were disappointed and have reverted to their schedule of before the change. And for one it was the last straw after all the other changes and he quit.
So something needs to be done.

DeletedUser1899

Though I would prefer the waypoints were recalibrated making it possible (difficult, but possible) for a FS to gain the prize, this would be an idea I support since it at least gives players a sense of progress.

Yes, short of developers dropping the points needed to get the boxes, I feel this would be a great way for fellowships to get the top box eventually.. With the system I propose its not like hundreds of fellowships would get the prize every week, they would still have to work for it, the system just makes it possible to reward effort in the long run...
To me, from the prospective of the active fellowships I am in, it seems that all the interest and the most effort put forth in the tournament so far has come from the first tournament, it seems that once the other members saw how much effort, time and resources they put forth and still not even coming close, they just gave up.. This system will at least give you something to look forward to in the long run and eventually reward that effort

DeletedUser1906

I like this idea...it would take time, but it would give us a chance at a blueprint. None of the Fellowships in any of my cities have made it to the 5th box. If not this idea, definitely a reduction in the points needed to get to boxes. Or even setting the boxes so we don't start at zero for each box.

Sir Squirrel

I also like this idea and would support it, if lowering the points needed is not going to happen. I think if more players won blueprints they might actually spend the diamonds to buy the magic buildings, seeing there isn't another way to use them at present. Something for Inno to think about!

Last edited:

DeletedUser1899

Or even setting the boxes so we don't start at zero for each box

This would work also by make the points accumulative or just by making the points for each box lower. But I do not really see this happening.. I think they made the boxes hard to get so that the same few big time fellowships do not get the Grand Prize every tournament..
The way that I proposed still makes the grand prize hard to get but still with effort and time you can get one.. The way it is now you can not get one at all unless everyone in the fellowship goes diamond crazy

DeletedUser1657

Possible Downsides:
I can not see any abuse or manipulation of this system

I was thinking about this and what if players move between fellowships. Well the bonus I would assume sits with the fellowship and accumulates. What would be to prevent a person from fellowship hoping as a fellowships bonus closes in on the final reward?

There would be a level of self-prevention as fellowships would probably become a bit guarded close to a big reward but I could see some people fellowship hoping to get some larger rewards.

DeletedUser1899

I was thinking about this and what if players move between fellowships. Well the bonus I would assume sits with the fellowship and accumulates. What would be to prevent a person from fellowship hoping as a fellowships bonus closes in on the final reward?

There would have to be a system if someone would join a fellowship during an ongoing tournament round , they are not eligible for that prize from the round they joined during.. I think that would be a good way to prevent the fellowship hoppers..
But I do think that most fellowships would guard their hard work and not let someone in at the last second to claim the grand prize, when everyone else has put in the hard work to get to that point..

The points earned are fellowship based and do not go to individual players

Dhurrin

There would be a level of self-prevention as fellowships would probably become a bit guarded close to a big reward but I could see some people fellowship hoping to get some larger rewards.

That might be a problem, some FSs might even set up some kind of rotation schedule if the points stay with the FS. so players join multiple FSs in a row to boost those points.
But if the points stay with the player and are taken away from the FS, some FSs might be willing to take in a player with more tourneypoints and kick the one with the lowest.
So either way there might be a problem.

On the other hand, Im not sure how much of an impact it would have. I think the points should stay with the player though.

DeletedUser1899

That might be a problem, some FSs might even set up some kind of rotation schedule if the points stay with the FS. so players join multiple FSs in a row to boost those points.

This could potentially be a problem, but I don't see many fellowships doing this in the sense that the majority of the fellowships are casual and most of there members have been there for awhile. I think there would be a lot of negativity within a casual fellowship about letting outsiders in with the sole purpose of increasing their score for the next round... plus this would take away the sense of accomplishment within the group..

I can see the top fellowships trying to game the system, but at least with the lockout I have suggested be added on , you get some penalty for hoping to another group...
Even if the developers lowered the points or made them accumulative to get the top prize, it was going to be the same top fellowships getting the grand prize every week.. at least in my idea, if you fellowship hopped , a player who does this can only get it every other week at most... and also in my idea eventually every fellowship no matter how casual can get the prize eventually

But if the points stay with the player and are taken away from the FS, some FSs might be willing to take in a player with more tourneypoints and kick the one with the lowest.

Most casual fellowships would never boot an active member who has been there, I can see inactive members being kicked out, but not active members.. and this is a reason the points are fellowship based and not individual player based to stop this kind of thing from happening and alienating members.

On the other hand, Im not sure how much of an impact it would have. I think the points should stay with the player though.
The rewards points are based off the total achievement of the fellowship, I don't see how to justify a single player taking points and leaving with them.. yes some players might do a lot more then others during a tournament round, but the points are awarded ultimately to the fellowship as a whole, for their team accomplishment

Dhurrin

In 2 of my FSs Im the most active tourneyplayer. Now personally, I dont care, since I play them mostly for my own benefit in kps and runes. Relics are much less interesting as I generally dont use many spells.
Playing them for the fun certainly is not the issue, its either extremely timeconsuming doing it by hand, or booring on autofight.
So its for what I need/want/hope to get out of it only. And if my FS benefits, all the better.

But I could see a player who is always much more active getting annoyed by contributing waaaaaay more and look for another FS. How could it be fair if he did NOT get the points he fought/negotiated for?

DeletedUser1877

But I could see a player who is always much more active getting annoyed by contributing waaaaaay more and look for another FS. How could it be fair if he did NOT get the points he fought/negotiated for?

I'll just say to the 1st part, been there done that.

Yes, I agree, fair is to let player keep his/her points. My worry is it could easily lead to head-hunting.

DeletedUser1899

How could it be fair if he did NOT get the points he fought/negotiated for?

1st tournament a fellowship gets to the 3rd box and they earn 200 points towards there next tournament
2nd tournament they start off with 200 points already done, and they manage to make it to the 3rd box again earning another 200 points..
3rd tournament they start off with 400 points done and manage to make it to the 4th box this time earning 300 points
4th tournament they start off with 700 points and manage to get to the 4th box again earning them another 300 points
5th tournament they start off with 1000 points already done and manage to make it to the 4th box again earning the 300 points
6th tournament they start off with 1300 points already done and manage to get the 4th box again earning them 300 more points...
7th tournament they start off with 1600 points already done and actually make it to the 5th box this time earning 400 points

And this process keeps going until the final box is reached... it will take time and a lot of it, but eventually you will make it..

These points are fellowship based.. If a player leaves his current fellowship and joins another he takes no points with him, since it was a team effort to get those points

so if a player leaves his fellowship during this process and moves to another, he only jumps in the other fellowship at what ever point the new fellowship is at in the rewards progress... yes he might have done the lions share of the work in the last fellowship, but it still was a team effort.. letting each player have the points defeats the purpose of fellowship play, as its about the team and not the individual.. This would also discourage fellowship hoppers to a point and leave most fellowships guarding their hard work...

If you mean what ever his personal points during whichever round you are in? example you unlocked 4 provinces and are currently on the 4th star on each of them giving you somewhere in the 2000 personal points neighborhood, yes these are your points that you have earned and should go with you, but if you join another fellowship during that current tournament round your 2000 points do not get added to the new fellowships score..

The only points you do not get are the fellowship bonus points towards the next round of a tournament, because those points where a team effort

DeletedUser1899

In 2 of my FSs Im the most active tourneyplayer. Now personally, I dont care, since I play them mostly for my own benefit in kps and runes. Relics are much less interesting as I generally dont use many spells.
Playing them for the fun certainly is not the issue, its either extremely timeconsuming doing it by hand, or booring on autofight.
So its for what I need/want/hope to get out of it only. And if my FS benefits, all the better

I am also the #1 spot in 3 of the fellowships I am in and do around 12000-13000 points every tournament.. I do the tournament not for the relics but for the knowledge points and runes.. I don't mind doing most of the work because I am doing the tournament anyway for personal gain in the form of the runes and knowledge points..
Ok now in one of the fellowships I am in, the 25th ranked player is in a small city, but she tries like heck every week to add to the point total of the fellowship thru the tournament to do her part.. she doesn't have to, but she does anyway to be part of the greater good and the team.. Her 500 or so points might seem low to most people, but her effort compared to her city is super high.. I even think her 500 point effort is equal to my own 12000 in terms of my city being huge and making lots of resources to her small city and her making very little.. her effort and those like her should be rewarded in the long run...
This is why the bonus points should stay with the fellowship and not the player

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1657

Because of possible exploits for it to be based on player or a fellowship what about a twist to the concept? Have your system such that a person earns a certain amount of points for tournament participation but these points are individual and do not add to a fellowship. When a person earns let say 500 points they get a blueprint. Effectively becoming a second way to get a blueprint but one that is based on individual effort and would allow someone to slowly work towards one.

So in Dhurrin's case if he is carrying and supporting his fellowship in tournaments he still has an avenue to get a blueprint even if it is over a long period of time.

DeletedUser1899

Have your system such that a person earns a certain amount of points for tournament participation but these points are individual and do not add to a fellowship. When a person earns let say 500 points they get a blueprint. Effectively becoming a second way to get a blueprint but one that is based on individual effort and would allow someone to slowly work towards one.

This makes a lot of sense .. I like the twist..

Ok so how about the total of that tournaments bonus points go to the fellowship.. and for each participating member the total points gets divided for individual use..
Say 10 people in a 25 member fellowship participated, and they get the 4th box, which gives the fellowship 300 points... each of the 10 participants would get a further bonus for personal use equal to the number of points earned divided amongst the participants, so each would get 30 points..
These personal points earned would not subtract from the fellowship bonus points..

Can even do the personal bonus based off the % of that players contribution to the grand total of the end score... So if 1 player in the 10 that participated actually made up 50% of the score they would get 150 personal points ..

Which one works better?