• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Simple Trail or Ornate Street

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1954
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1954

Hi to all!
I an "elven player" and can build "simple trail". It is really nice, but in comparison to the Build Menu, it looks at the end of paths like the "ornate street", not like the "simple trail". For me it is either the false picture at Build Menu or in the City Map. Maybe it is all correct and I don't understand it the right way - if it is this, please tell me ;).
Best regards,
Florarbor, ruler in Arboretum
i4783mrd6m0eicccagjf4g7c9tx4p1po

(https://app.box.com/s/i4783mrd6m0eicccagjf4g7c9tx4p1po ) This is link to image in case of a fault of mine by inserting the pic, where you can see, what I tried to describe.

DeletedUser58

They are different, the Street has a different design (it looks like a star) and is lighter in color in general. The Trail has a tiny cross in the middle and then fancy design shapes on the rest of the piece of road.

If I got your question wrong, apologies in advance. :)

DeletedUser

I think he is referring to the endinge piece of Trail at the very left which definitely looks like the street in the building menu :)

Deleted User - 1954

I think he is referring to the endinge piece of Trail at the very left which definitely looks like the street in the building menu :)
Yes Duradan, you got my point. Grats ;). Florarbor

DeletedUser18

I agree that the end piece of the 'Simple Trail' in the village looks exactly like the icon for 'Ornate Street' in the buildings menu. I am not sure if this was intended but I think we need to find out.
I'm setting this to investigating and will confirm what I can. Thanks for the feedback :)

DeletedUser278

I agree that the end piece of the 'Simple Trail' in the village looks exactly like the icon for 'Ornate Street' in the buildings menu. I am not sure if this was intended but I think we need to find out.
I'm setting this to investigating and will confirm what I can. Thanks for the feedback :)

I dunno, it might not be about the shape so much? I think the difference in the streets might mostly be in the material of the decor. The simple trail seems to have bronze lines, the cobbled road silver lines, en the ornate street golden lines. Also the greenery surrounding the street gets fancier, and probably the surface as well, but I can't tell yet with the last 2 still locked.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
It seems that the image on the buildings menu is what you get when you build a single tile of road as in my image (which only shows Footpath and Simple Trail as I haven't unlocked any other streets yet). Since the menu only shows a single tile, it's natural that it would show the single tile form of the street. This looks very different to the end of a row of Simple Trail.

streets_zpsntvz1cs5.png

I agree that the end of a line of Simple Trail does look a lot like the single tile form of the Ornate Street shown in the build menu, and that this is somewhat confusing. We are currently awaiting clarification on whether this is intended

Update: Although somewhat confusing, this is not a bug, therefore I am moving this thread to that forum

Last edited: