• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Show off your own city!

DeletedUser

My city after some rearranging.

Leamz9K.jpg
I find it pretty , although I 'm not familiar with the buildings humans.

ophion

Something that could make our cities look better would be if we had the choice to build all buildings facing either left or right. It would make a great difference to the symmetry of our cities and enhance them greatly.
I don't think this would cause the graphics dept/developers a great problem by just reversing them to allow us to choose...but would make a huge difference to the looks and aesthetics of our cities.:)

DeletedUser

Yes, it could be one of future updates that can make the difference ;)

DeletedUser205

@ophion I agree on one hand, but on the other hand: the possibility to rotate buidings would take a great part of planning (forward) and that is an important part in a buildinggame.
IMHO on a map like here in elvenar you can't build a really nice looking city, its all sort of compromise.
In the beginning you can in some way, but the more you have to pack you buildings near together, the more ugly the hole optic gets -
or you don't look onto your scoringpoints and try to pure build good optic.
I stopped that, because the game ended to early than. I had nothing to do any more.
Now I don't care about optic and squeeze in what brings points ;-)

ophion

Well I'm hoping the game hasn't ended at the end of the tech tree and that there will be lots more planned for the future. When I joined Forge of Empires there were just a few eras to get through...since then they have brought out more than half a dozen and I've been playing for almost three years..:)
I can't see why Elvenar shouldn't go the same way.:)

DeletedUser118

Of course there will be more to come. Just sit back, relax and wait. I'm sure we will soon see the research tree expand and more stuff will be researchable that way.

DeletedUser

My city after some (bad) cuttng and pasting.
b6fd0c11ffbab47422096b9ece9a4224.jpg

DeletedUser

I hope the same, sorella: it's time that the research tree is expanded, first of all for all of you who have finished it ;)

DeletedUser205

Here now my City at the End of all (as I decided) - 2 Elixiers will stay on Level 13, because I like the green ones more than the brownish Endbuildings (most I liked the blue ones).
And it doesn't cost as much supplies to produce for some hours ;-)
Finally I got a bit more than 63k scoringpoints with that and the reason is, that I decided about 2 weeks ago, to no more stick to "beautiful" cityplaning (as this to my taste isn't possible: you end in brownish ugly buildings and you can make something like grannies top-of-the-telly-doily as best creative optic).
Instead of "beautiful" I clustered as many armories as I could into the bottom-space (most scoringpoints with less people ...), this was restricted to people and culture at the end, but I even have some spared people and culture now for 1 elixier-upgrade, if I'll feel the need.

22076492vl.jpg

DeletedUser

...but you're all artist!!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser205

@ophion I like the lots of trees you build and how you arrange them. And that you have left them in green upgradestadium, because of the depressing acting of those level 15 plankmanus (you have one to see what I mean left of your barracks). They are hard to stand as pictures, but animated they are a reason to break out in pitiful tears. Hope you will not upgrade your other trees?

ophion

Hi Sorella,

I shan't be upgrading my trees.:)
I just upgraded a few to get maximum benefit as I don't have a bonus for planks...but feel the need to have lots of trees in my city...even though they take up valuable space that more rewarding buildings could occupy.
However, even without a bonus...the amount of trees that I have ensure a pretty good supply so they are contributing to my city and not entirely decorative.:)
I also have to agree that the animation is somewhat "over the top" and it would be nice to see calmer versions in the future.