• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Show off your own city!

DeletedUser

@Goryn : Are you playing on this server with a different profile name or are playing on another server altogether?? I can't seem to find you in the rankings?? :confused:

DeletedUser629

That is correct ddevil. I became a mod after i started playing this game, so i already had a player account.

DeletedUser

Correct me if I am wrong. Moderators are privileged with different forum and game names. Is this so people can't annoy you ingame?

DeletedUser

That is correct ddevil. I became a mod after i started playing this game, so i already had a player account.
And what is the name of your player account? (in private if you prefer ;))

DeletedUser629

Players don't annoy me, however, to avoid having to answer tons of questions in-game my player account remains a secret. I am more than happy to answer every question here on the forum, but my player account is there for me to play the game and have fun, like the rest of you ;)

DeletedUser

Thank you for this explanation. I looked up the forum mods ingame and only amysteele had the same name. This made me curious for why.

DeletedUser629

Thank you for this explanation. I looked up the forum mods ingame and only amysteele had the same name. This made me curious for why.

Amy started as a moderator, the rest of us were added later on when Inno opened applications to form team-Elvenar :)

DeletedUser629

You have not seen my question?

Players don't annoy me, however, to avoid having to answer tons of questions in-game my player account remains a secret. I am more than happy to answer every question here on the forum, but my player account is there for me to play the game and have fun, like the rest of you ;)

I have, and that was my answer ;)

ophion

@ophion beautiful so far :)
I try to give my town an elvish look too. Its getting worse with the to my taste ugly graphics of the higher upgraded buildings (think about the depressive look of your city with plankbuilding trees on level 15:(), colors which burn your pupils (Goddess of Fertility - oh my goddess!) and the need of some not really petite buildings to get the necessary population and culture. And taste has to be more important than scoring if you follow an elvish idea. I even think you have to renounce active playing after a while to keep your town beautiful as it is.
I'm really trying to finish my town sort of under the aspects you asked for and I'm not satisfied since weeks now because of those obstacles of designing it elvish-style
(I'm not using streets for layout, because you really need a lot of space, to get population and upgrade-needs balanced without spending to much money for culturebuildings, which are ugly anyway - I use them to enlight the backyards of my dark elf-homes level15 ;-) )

mine today:
21671826ly.jpg

ophion

@ophion beautiful so far :)
I try to give my town an elvish look too. Its getting worse with the to my taste ugly graphics of the higher upgraded buildings (think about the depressive look of your city with plankbuilding trees on level 15:(), colors which burn your pupils (Goddess of Fertility - oh my goddess!) and the need of some not really petite buildings to get the necessary population and culture. And taste has to be more important than scoring if you follow an elvish idea. I even think you have to renounce active playing after a while to keep your town beautiful as it is.
I'm really trying to finish my town sort of under the aspects you asked for and I'm not satisfied since weeks now because of those obstacles of designing it elvish-style
(I'm not using streets for layout, because you really need a lot of space, to get population and upgrade-needs balanced without spending to much money for culturebuildings, which are ugly anyway - I use them to enlight the backyards of my dark elf-homes level15 ;-) )

mine today:
21671826ly.jpg
Hi Sorella,

Your city looks really nice...but I also agree with you that the later updated buildings are often not as attractive as the earlier ones.
I've often been disappointed, when upgrading, to find a less attractive building than I had before... so I'm hoping to have enough space to allow me to keep some of my favourite earlier builds...despite the fact that I won't be getting the most from them.
When I first got my level 1 marble manufactory it made me smile...and the second even more so...and with every update it got even more interesting with the movement and inventiveness of the building. However...the last few updates just got more boring and static so I've kept a few of the first builds just to remind me how cool they were...even though they're not producing anything worthwhile. I think the interest and diversity of some of the earlier buildings make the city more interesting so I'm prepared to forego the benefits later updates would give for that reason.:)

DeletedUser

Never judge a thread by its title... I did not expect to find anything else here than the standard FoE-style dullness, but Ophion, your city looks great and as elvish as the game possibly allows. Very nice!

ophion

Thanks for that Amarthano.:)
I know my city won't be to everyone's taste as it's not ordered or structured as most peoples cities are...but it feels more "naturalistic" and more like I would imagine an elvish city to be.:)

DeletedUser

Yes, ophion: I believe that everyone must to feel free to build his own city as he desires. Here we can work with our imagination...it's a game :D