• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Show AW reward chests before donations

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoggyShorts

Because if you're not asking to do this maybe you're throwing off hard work someone has put in for a wonder rotation, maybe that spot was for someone else, maybe a teaching fs uses these to help new people learn how to upgrade a wonder and those spots are a reward for just trying. Not everyone, and probably 1000's upon 1000's of more players do not use tournaments in the way that you do.
I'm sorry, but I don't see how my suggestion has any impact on those scenarios.
If you're upgrading wonders that fast, now I wonder why you even need this.
We are constantly having to refer to GamersGems list in order to avoid missing chests is the point. If wonders displayed how many chests were available we wouldn't have to go to a 3rd party site for the information almost every single day and 3-5 times on Saturdays. Our FS averages over 1 wonder upgrade per day,for the last 16 months, so you can imagine how much unnecessary checking we have to do.

DeletedUser1657

If you're upgrading wonders that fast, now I wonder why you even need this.

To me this is a reason in support of the suggestion. If you can level wonders that fast you are working very hard to maximise your in-game efforts. maximising rewards from wonders would be part of that. Now missing 20kp in rewards from one wonder may not seem so big a deal but the faster you level them the more this missing KP adds up and becomes another level you just missed out on.

Devs don't always implement every idea and they have stated previously they look for the heart of the problem and will try to solve that, which can vary to our ideas. The heart of the issue (to me) is a lack of in game information on available number of rewards.

DeletedUser2402

@SoggyShorts and @Mykan this suggestion is really no different than going to a fan-site, perhaps even a bit longer to do. You'll still have to open the browser click on each wonder, click the tab to see the chests.

My point was about upgrading wonders fast was if you're upgrading wonders that fast why do you have to keep going back to look up information? You have had to upgrade the same wonder once or twice? Is that not built into your spreadsheet? Why not just make a spreadsheet with all of that information with a few look up functions? or make one tab of a spreadsheet for each wonder with all of this information. Then you don't have to keep going back to the fan-sites.

Your idea may promote more people to do what some are doing by trying to just get the kp instants for minimal effort. I can easily add 1 kp to my own wonder. But who knows, maybe Inno has something in place for these chronic snipers and that's why it's not in the game right now. To see if people would go around to others wonders to collect just the kps rewards versus just helping someone raise their wonder.

Small or not, the devs are very capable of putting in my idea. They have done this in at least another one of their games I'm aware of (admin interfaces) and it's exceptional.

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts and @Mykan this suggestion is really no different than going to a fan-site, perhaps even a bit longer to do. You'll still have to open the browser click on each wonder, click the tab to see the chests.
Picture this simple scenario:
I have just done day 2 of the tournament. My KP bar has 84 KP in it.
I open the target wonder and see that it needs 80 KP to fill.
There are 4 other contributors so far.
Can I put in 80 of my KP and get the last chest, or is there 1 more after that?
My point was about upgrading wonders fast was if you're upgrading wonders that fast why do you have to keep going back to look up information? You have had to upgrade the same wonder once or twice
22 wonders with 25 levels each. No, I and certainly not every member of my fellowships have not memorized or experienced even a small number of the changed rewards.
Is that not built into your spreadsheet? Why not just make a spreadsheet with all of that information with a few look up functions? or make one tab of a spreadsheet for each wonder with all of this information. Then you don't have to keep going back to the fan-sites.
In fact, we DO have that tab on the spreadsheet. The problem is.....that's the exact same thing as looking it up on GoK, isn't it? In other words the exact same unnecessary step that this idea is addressing.
Your idea may promote more people to do what some are doing by trying to just get the kp instants for minimal effort. I can easily add 1 kp to my own wonder. But who knows, maybe Inno has something in place for these chronic snipers and that's why it's not in the game right now. To see if people would go around to others wonders to collect just the kps rewards versus just helping someone raise their wonder.
Who is actually bothered by someone putting 1 KP into their wonder? It doesn't hurt you at all. Also why do you think I should have memorised every single wonder and every upgrade, but these "chronic snipers" haven't?

DeletedUser2402

I don't think you should have this all memorized, but you said earlier that you do the same thing that my wonder interface suggestion does but with a spreadsheet. Based on the information you've given me, you already have this information in a spreadsheet. Perhaps this is more of an issue for wonder organization versus adding graphics. Do you have a separate sheet for the target wonder with who gets the top spot, the 2nd, 3rd and so forth? How much they should contribute? Do you rotate who gets the top chest with the most runes?

DeletedUser1657

Perhaps this is more of an issue for wonder organization versus adding graphics

I use self level (amongst others) and anything that makes it easier for people to donate to me is a good thing. In this case been attracted by the guarantee of a reward. Whether self-levelling or an organised group, if people see an interest in donating to you and their life is easier in so doing, then it helps.

SoggyShorts

you said earlier that you do the same thing that my wonder interface suggestion does but with a spreadsheet. Based on the information you've given me, you already have this information in a spreadsheet.
We do, but it's just a copy&paste from gamersgems. We still have to look it up in the spreadsheet which isn't really faster than going to their website.
Do you have a separate sheet for the target wonder with who gets the top spot, the 2nd, 3rd and so forth? How much they should contribute? Do you rotate who gets the top chest with the most runes?
No, all of those things are too restrictive or would require too much organizing imo.
No one has to contribute any set amount.
You just contribute as much or as little as you want at any time to one of the the target wonders(we have 2 up at a time), and when a wonder is done whoever has the highest balance is up next. There's no need to fight for the KP rewards, because those count against you. For example if you donate 100 KP and get a 20 KP reward, your balance improves by 80. This is fair because you only actually spent a net of 80 KP.
Sadly there is no real way for us to control who gets runes, but since we are a friendly FS, those of us who don't need lower level ones try to avoid winning a top spot on those wonders. Also as a 10 tournament chest FS, the runes aren't that big a deal.

Really it's just a bigger version of "You give me 5 KP, and I'll give you 5 KP."
The advantages of a spreadsheet over such a simple swap system is that since we have 25 players focusing on just 2 wonders,
  • we don't have a bunch of partially filled ones that don't do anyone any good(a half full level 4 wonder doesn't do more than an empty one)
  • outsiders never manage to get our reward spots
  • you can donate an unlimited amount of KP (or zero)
  • you can join before you even have a wonder (we had a player do this for a long time, and when she finally built a wonder, her balance was so high it was a target 4 times in a row)
  • it's not effected by time zones or hours of play

The very significant downside is that you need at least 1 very active player to update the sheet (or inno could do it with an admin thingy like your idea)

Karvest

tracking of current AW state for FS can be automated via 3d party tool (say plugin for elvenstats, or private one) that would periodically check given AWs for contribution, save total stats when it finished and alert the responsible person to switch to the next AW, showing him current members balance. So that all activity would be just to mail next person for desired AW and setting up new AW target.

DeletedUser1767

I'm somewhat confused that the argument against this idea is that a fan-based external site already has the information. The fan-based external site would not need to have this information if it had been conveniently provided in game. This is basic, useful information, so why should players be required to go to unaffiliated fan sites to get it? Furthermore, not all players are aware of GamerGems (it's not clear to me that all players are even aware of the wiki, and you can get to the wiki from the game!), and there's no reason at all that they should have to be, because again, there's no reason you should have to be aware of secret extra steps and fan sites in order to get basic useful information. I don't know, I just don't think "but there's a work around" is a good reason for not implementing something simple that provides information and saves time, particularly when the work-around involves something external to Inno and not all players know about it.

A lot of people in my third FS (that is, the one that is not a @SoggyShorts FS) are self-levelling, and since we're a friendly FS, most of the self-levellers want to give other people in their FS a boost, so when they get to the last 50 or so KP, they usually make a general announcement that they're intending to level a certain AW at Time X and that there are Y rewards available. (Very occasionally this comes along with a 'some rando put in 1 KP so I want you guys to knock them off so you can benefit' postscript, but not usually.) It seems like such players would find having the number of rewards obvious and available in-game quite useful? Why should they have to take several minutes to go to an external site and find the information rather than just opening up their own AW and looking? And like, these players are behaving altruistically, and in some cases going rather out of their way (because again, EXTERNAL FAN SITE) to find out how many rewards there are to benefit the team, so why not make things easier on them?

SoggyShorts

tracking of current AW state for FS can be automated via 3d party tool (say plugin for elvenstats, or private one) that would periodically check given AWs for contribution, save total stats when it finished and alert the responsible person to switch to the next AW, showing him current members balance. So that all activity would be just to mail next person for desired AW and setting up new AW target.
I would love it if someone wrote a script that when I ran it, it would check and record the target wonders, putting that info into a format that I can copy and paste into my spreadsheet. Going even further and directly updating my sheet for me, and resorting it with the new targets at the top etc would be amazing.
Alas, such a thing is far beyond my skills.

DeletedUser2402

@Midnightsidhe because I was basing this information on what soggy told me.
Soggy said he does what I do, he doesn't. He just posted that above your post what they do. I didn't understand why Soggy wanted to make more work for himself by wanting to click on 24 different wonders to see chests, when his fs has a wonder rotation in place using spreadsheets. He could have simply made 24 spreadsheets from the info on the fan site. Done, he never has to go back to a fan-site for this information. Because he doesn't do what I do for wonder rotations, we had a bit of miscommunication.

and since we're a friendly FS, most of the self-levellers want to give other people in their FS a boost, so when they get to the last 50 or so KP, they usually make a general announcement that they're intending to level a certain AW at Time X and that there are Y rewards available.
This recently happened to me where I wanted a few of my fellows to do this, but a random person came in and took one of the spots. It happens. With adding the chest graphics, it might happen more. That delicious little treasure box just staring at people. Soggy asked my why I care if someone does this to my wonders, besides the above reason and that my wonder rotations are based on percentages and runes it can throw this off, but for now I will change my position on this because it never occurred to me until this thread, that Inno might have something in place for those who do this.

SoggyShorts

I didn't understand why Soggy wanted to make more work for himself by wanting to click on 24 different wonders to see chests, when his fs has a wonder rotation in place using spreadsheets. He could have simply made 24 spreadsheets from the info on the fan site. Done, he never has to go back to a fan-site for this information. Because he doesn't do what I do for wonder rotations, we had a bit of miscommunication.
Heheeh "simply made 24 spreadsheets" ....gross.
I believe you understand now, that I do not need to ever look at wonders that aren't the target.
So the issue is as simple as opening the target wonder to donate KP which will fill it up, but not knowing if all spots are taken. Currently this means either going to GoK, or the spreadsheet to check how many chests this particular wonder has at this level.
My FS members shouldn't ever have to look at the spreadsheet or GoK.
Just a quick click on the message icon shows the target
quote2.png
This recently happened to me where I wanted a few of my fellows to do this, but a random person came in and took one of the spots. It happens.
Did the rando make a profit?
If not, then you made a profit.
If they did, then why didn't one of your FS members squeeze them out?

As long as you ask for FS help while you need more KP than the total available rewards, you should be able to make sure that randos don't profit.

Last edited:

Karvest

I would love it if someone wrote a script that when I ran it, it would check and record the target wonders, putting that info into a format that I can copy and paste into my spreadsheet. Going even further and directly updating my sheet for me, and resorting it with the new targets at the top etc would be amazing.
Alas, such a thing is far beyond my skills.
Don't think that such a script would be available in public, it's too edgy to share code that can do it without manual clicking in official client. I'd suggest to ask elvenstats for such data export, they anyway parse city info of any player by user request, and can easily provide AW contribution info for that player's AW on demand (or even go further and provide periodic checks for specific AW with push notifications on ready to build - that can be made premium function).

SoggyShorts

Don't think that such a script would be available in public, it's too edgy to share code that can do it without manual clicking in official client. I'd suggest to ask elvenstats for such data export, they anyway parse city info of any player by user request, and can easily provide AW contribution info for that player's AW on demand (or even go further and provide periodic checks for specific AW with push notifications on ready to build - that can be made premium function).
So.... I've never spent diamonds on Elvenar, but I pay a monthly fee to host a website for my FS because the chat/messaging in game sucks. There's no easy way to design your city in game, so I donate to Elvenarchitect.com. Now there's Elvenstats that I helped with a tiny bit, and here's the idea for a premium feature from this 3rd party fansite. Almost makes one think that Inno should implement a few things themselves;)
@Mykan and I were talking yesterday about getting some AM together and throwing money at elvenstats until he made this feature for us.

Karvest

So.... I've never spent diamonds on Elvenar, but I pay a monthly fee to host a website for my FS because the chat/messaging in game sucks. There's no easy way to design your city in game, so I donate to Elvenarchitect.com. Now there's Elvenstats that I helped with a tiny bit, and here's the idea for a premium feature from this 3rd party fansite. Almost makes one think that Inno should implement a few things themselves;)
@Mykan and I were talking yesterday about getting some AM together and throwing money at elvenstats until he made this feature for us.
Such feature should be premium not to make money for upkeeping elvenstats, but to limit overusage of it, since it require constant pinging of game server.

DeletedUser1767

My Arendyll FS has one player who does anti-sniping sniping, i.e. every time he notices someone has built or upgraded an AW, he donates 1 KP so that no one outside the FS can get the top prize with just 1 KP. I have no idea how he keeps track of this; it's honestly kind of impressive. (He donates to our AWs like a normal person also.)

Deleted User - 60152

Don't know if this would actually increase sniping as suggested. I used to hate snipers jumping on my AWs and taking chests from my fellowship. But sniping seems to have diminished considerably over the last year so I don't see it as being that serious of a risk. I think this is a great idea.