• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Should phoenixes come back as they are or new should appear? Should set buildings return? (opinions)

Arthus

I think that reappearance of fire phoenix will completely destroy already weaker balance in the game.

New people starting after next event would only have 1 fire phoenix (one from academy crafting would be blocked to create for them)
Some people would possess 2 or even 3 (there are people with 2 fire ones from previous event).
In my opinion there should be different evo buildings introduced, to upgrade with the same artifacts.
For example: Green phoenix (increases unit's health)

Also - should there be new set buildings in the game in your opinion or older sets should return for players who didn't have chance to get them?

Please share your opinions about solving problems with balance of the game which was very weakened with introduction of Evolution buildings, especially fire phoenixes and multiple brown bears.

Karvest

Why are you sure that there would be another fire phoenix at all? I see the brand new phoenix with unique artifacts in client files (without stats yet) ...

Lovec Krys

@Arthus Inno has only 2 choices:
a) Fire phoenix will appear. Old players will have more than 1 phoenixes. New players will have a chance to get their lv1 phoenixes from crafting to lv10.

b) Fire phoenix will not appear. Old players will keep their Fire phoenixes while new players will continue having lv1 phoenixes from crafting.

Well, we'll see, I think that it's already decided and we'll know when phoenix event hits beta (or shortly before that from players digging game files).

Deleted User - 62044

the set buildings were very good, I would love to see them back, but they were too big if they were made smaller they would be perfect.
Evolutionary buildings without universal artifacts are useless, a shame because I like them and they are really powerful, but if they cannot be evolved they are useless.

DeletedUser3051

no thank you,
and remove multiple birds from game, thanks,
in the name of balance

CrazyWizard

I think that reappearance of fire phoenix will completely destroy already weaker balance in the game.

New people starting after next event would only have 1 fire phoenix (one from academy crafting would be blocked to create for them)
Some people would possess 2 or even 3 (there are people with 2 fire ones from previous event).
In my opinion there should be different evo buildings introduced, to upgrade with the same artifacts.
For example: Green phoenix (increases unit's health)

Also - should there be new set buildings in the game in your opinion or older sets should return for players who didn't have chance to get them?

Please share your opinions about solving problems with balance of the game which was very weakened with introduction of Evolution buildings, especially fire phoenixes and multiple brown bears.

*Sight* I am getting tired of this.
In how many shapes or forms are you going to post the same thing over and over and over and over and over again?

Richord

so you don't agree and like legal cheaters? aiming for 1 advantage and go all in on it; is not the way it's intended.
cap all of the upgradable stuff on 1.
and yes; boosters somewhat the same too; cap them at 5 or so per kind.
I'm fighting against big pushers already (certainly on NL server) and anything that aids people to abuse the game, should be decreased.

Ashrem

@Arthus Inno has only 2 choices:
a) Fire phoenix will appear. Old players will have more than 1 phoenixes. New players will have a chance to get their lv1 phoenixes from crafting to lv10.

b) Fire phoenix will not appear. Old players will keep their Fire phoenixes while new players will continue having lv1 phoenixes from crafting.

Well, we'll see, I think that it's already decided and we'll know when phoenix event hits beta (or shortly before that from players digging game files).
Actually, they have a useful third choice. Offer artifacts, but not a building. Players can craft a building if they don't want one or want a new one for a higher chapter, which they won't be able to do until they tear down any old one.

Lovec Krys

@Richord You can get 33 5h time instants from Spire (if you and your FS is able to get 11/12 rewards) each week, do you consider that legal cheating as well?

@ashrem Yeah, that would be super alternative for all who played event year ago and have their desired phoenixes maxed. Not another weak evo building like Gingerbread house, but a none building with a bunch of useless artefacts (with nothing to upgrade).

Ashrem

@ashrem Yeah, that would be super alternative for all who played event year ago and have their desired phoenixes maxed. Not another weak evo building like Gingerbread house, but a none building with a bunch of useless artefacts (with nothing to upgrade).
There are few perfect solutions to any problem in multi-player games. As proposed, the solution offers something for everyone, even if it's only 15 or 20 thousand spell Fragments. Or it means they don't have to level it again next chapter. They can wait for next chapter then re-craft it, and use the next 16 RRs for something else. If they have so many RRs that they don't have anything else to use them on, They can probably find something else to do with their time.

You seem to be advocating instead for something else. The only other options I see are 1) yet another overpowered building, so that hose of us who already have the fire phoenix can have two overpowered buildings to one for newer players, or 2) a new less powerful building, so that only those of us who were lucky enough to be around last spring can ever have the overpowered building and new players can suck it.

My vote is for making the game more equal. If I've got that wrong, what's your solution for balancing?

Lovec Krys

@ashrem With current state of tournament - there is no balancing unless reworking whole tournament. Top tournament players are already limited by their own count of cleared provinces, so the longer playing one usualy wins. Well, to be honest, there was never any balancing anyway, in past those with full diamond (bought when they were still cheep) expansions won. So our discussion is probably pointless anyway, Inno will do what they think will bring them more money regardless what we write.

Deleted User - 81190

I think that's a vanishingly small population. I played a year ago, and while my Fire Phoenix is L10, it is stuck in Woodelves chapter. I don't want to spend almost 100 RRs to upgrade it to chapter 15, but I wouldn't mind doing it for free via the event. Might be tricky if it will need re-crafting, but 100 RR is 100 RR...

Also, I may want to consider one of the other Phoenixes. Back in the day multiple maxed buildings were pretty rare. Vast majority of people only maxed 1 Phoenix at the most, so this might be an opportunity to max another.

You seem to be advocating instead for something else. The only other options I see are 1) yet another overpowered building, so that hose of us who already have the fire phoenix can have two overpowered buildings to one for newer players, or 2) a new less powerful building, so that only those of us who were lucky enough to be around last spring can ever have the overpowered building and new players can suck it.
There is always another option, or a version of #1. Basically, (hyper)inflation. Add another overpowered buildings that is significantly better than existing ones. Veteran players are still better off, but the difference all of a sudden is not that big. Sort of what happened with Fire Phoenix. Before that, players spent tons of time and effort leveling all their damage boost AWs to, say, 20% increase, but all of the sudden it is not +20% vs 0% - it is +70% vs +50%, which doesn't look as dramatic.

I am not necessarily arguing for this alternative, just pointing out that it is there, and this approach has been done before.

Arthus

Why are you sure that there would be another fire phoenix at all? I see the brand new phoenix with unique artifacts in client files (without stats yet) ...

I'm asking if there should be another fire phoenix or different phoenixes. Team responded to me on instagram that phoenixes will return. They just didn't say which phoenixes. We did similar discussion on live forums, so i started topic on beta to discuss if they should return with fire phoenix or replace current phoenixes with another ones

I'll take a Jade Phoenix, thanks.

It would be so nice to see green/jade phoenix. More colours :D

Ashrem

@ashrem With current state of tournament - there is no balancing unless reworking whole tournament. Top tournament players are already limited by their own count of cleared provinces, so the longer playing one usualy wins. Well, to be honest, there was never any balancing anyway, in past those with full diamond (bought when they were still cheep) expansions won. So our discussion is probably pointless anyway, Inno will do what they think will bring them more money regardless what we write.
All of which has nothijng to do with the theory that only people with the fire phoenix can get 10,000 points.

iDavis

In terms of "what should Inno do" is this discussion pointless, since the decision has been already made (new phoenix will arrive). Therefore, last year's phoenixes will not return, or at least not as a main part of the event.

Arthus

Could you tell us a secret please?
On which server is someone who has TWO fire phoenixes ??

umm... beta? Palmira has level 10 and level 3 fire ones
fire.png

Karvest

Beta is a bit unique, here was a bug that allowed crafting evo building even if you already have it. That should not be a case on live servers. (But someone could really spend enough money to get it during event).