• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Shorten training time would lead to more trading partners

DeletedUser651

Forgive me, I know this has been discussed, but I can't find where. I want to flesh out the idea a bit if it is ok.

As it stands now, it is excruciating to wait for troops to be trained. Until I got to superior barracks it has been no fun at all. Even at a level 14 barracks, it takes forever. We all know how hard the enemies get as you get further from your town. It gets to the point where people might get a battle or two every few days....and that just isn't fun.

Along with this issue, everyone has the problem of not having enough trading partners. I think the two issues are interrelated.

If we could have MUCH shorter training times, then we could learn from fights we lose and rebuild troops quickly. Then we could win more battles and get through more provinces. If we could get through more provinces then we could have more discovered neighbors and thus more trading partners. That means this would also solve the problem of inactive neighbors. You'd have hundreds or thousands of players to trade with at some point. All you would need to do is play a little more. :)

I understand the issue is that the devs don't want us to sail through the tech tree in a few hours because we have tons of knowledge points from winning all these fights, but that could be solved too.

What if it was a lot easier to train troops, the fights didn't get so terribly hard until you spread out a lot further, but you got fewer KP from fights? Say, a half a KP or a quarter? That way we could still have the hard time of getting through the tech tree, but we could have a lot more fun crushing the heads of those nasty green Orcs! (Or whatever you humans destroy in battle) :)

I think it would be cool if players could possibly discover all of the world map at some point. It might take a year or so, but it would be possible. As it stands, I don't think anyone can really ever discover more than 2% of the world map before the fights get impossible.

What does everyone think? Is this a stupid thought?

DeletedUser

I think the problem is not the recruiting time, but the unbalanced fight system. Someone still needs to explain to me why i have to fight squads that are twice as big as mine could ever be, and why the enemy can bring 8 squads to the battlefield. I don't think it's possible to give half a kp or a quarter, it's one, or none. I agree that it gets way too hard at some point, and if i'm lucky i can fight 3 encounters a day. This is something many players have complained about so hopefully something will be done about it.

DeletedUser

The problem is a total imbalance in the system. I don't get the Barracks upgrades that don't give a new slot, or in fact anything very much once you get to four slots. Then with four slots, why are they not simultaneous rather than contiguous? what is the point of the camps? I simply can't attack anymore until my total squad size gets bigger and that is a hundred FPs away plus who knows how much stuff I can't make enough of as I can't get the upgrades. Very frustrating. This is so much like FoE gone wrong and TW on a bad hairdo day.

DeletedUser867

In a back-handed sort of way, optimizing the World Map will also ease the problem. If optimization moves you around the map a bit, then you'll always have a few fresh, nearby sectors that you can conquer, and a few new neighbors that you can discover. I'm assuming, of course, that the sectors and cities that you'd previously explored and discovered would remain on your list, even though they're now further away.
  • If we're ever able to upgrade the Trader, for each upgrade additional access to a several more cities would make sense, with a reduced fee.
  • I'd also expect that Guilds, or perhaps even some sort of Friends list, once we have them, will provide us with additional non-fee trading partners.
  • I'd suppose that winning in the Battle Arena would have a similar effect, assuming that it's PvP rather than PvE.
So there are several ways to think about the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

I agree Katwijk. We do need to go after the problem from a bunch of directions.

But, what I want to do is fight those dang orcs!!! :) I want to crush them. Squash them! Arrow them and the swipe them! I want to toss rocks at their ugly green heads!! I want those arrogant knights to fall under the weight of all that armor!!! I want those awful mortars to stop shelling! and I especially want that wispy little lady to fall flat on her face!!!

I want to fighttttttttttt!!!!!! :)

and it would be good to make trading easier too. lol

DeletedUser967

I want to fight too but really fights not like now - without PVP without GOOD PVE. So if we want good fights we need better PVE options if PVP should be optional. This game have great potential to really good PVE - as I said in other topic some like retaliation from provinces where you must to defend your city( not big - proportional to your actually stage and done provinces ). And I hate opinion that the other people want a peaceful game and don't want nothing to lose - go play in farmerama not in games with big potential to good fights and I'm sure that if devs follows the opinion of that people then Elvenar lose many good players because what is good and funny in peaceful game where you mst only set production and pick that? And fight in provinces from time to time? Nothing, saper on windows is more interesting because although it is a thrill of emotion before the explode....:confused:

BUT I don't agree with shorten training time - NO. If you want more fights you have to more play here and makes specific buildings - because that buildings was created for that! Yes I talking about armory. If we can make much army in shorten time where is sense and fun? If you can do it really fast? Then this game will be even easier than it is now.

DeletedUser

The two things are not related in the way you describe. By easing fighting, you would make fighting the predominant way to progress / play the game (compared to buying your way through provinces), thus reducing the overall demand for goods.

DeletedUser651

Sr, it wouldn't be the predominant way to progress if the KP was reduced for winning fights.
I don't think you read the whole post.

Not to mention, as you go further and further from your home town the fights simply become nearly impossible. They hit you once and your entire squad dies. No one thinks that is fun after they have waited for an entire day to train those troops. It isn't such a big deal early on in the game, but the further you go out, the worse it gets. Just wait until you are facing enemies 388 troops strong in one unit. Good luck.

All more armories do is let you train more troops at once, but then it takes longer to train each squad because it takes just as long to train each individual soldier. Top players I know don't even have armories because they are on all day and have no need for them.

But if you could fight a lot easier you could get further away from home and thus have more trading partners. Especially as more and more players leave. Out of the 100 or more neighbors I have discovered only about 6 are playing. Something is very wrong.

DeletedUser

Agree, except easier fights doesn't equal faster troop training.

DeletedUser651

I am happy to face a challenge as long as I don't have to wait 3 days to face it each time. Keep the fights hard, but speed up the training so we can fight more.

When I say make it easier to fight I don't mean that the fight has to be easier, just that it has to be easier to get to fight.

DeletedUser967

I don't meant that the fight should be easier - fight SHOULD be hard because where is sense if can done more fight in one day?
I just don't understand complain of others about training speed. Where do you see problem? If you want easier way to more fight - build armories and upgrade them and upgrade your barracks. This game has good way for faster training - yes, armory. You must choose or you build more workshops,goods for faster/better manage of your city OR you want better and faster fights then youll build armories it's clear....

You complain about training time, others can complain about produce time sorry but it's funny, maybe completlly remove time from this game and make 1000000000000 units in one second?:confused:

DeletedUser651

ulQuiorra, you don't understand how armories work. They do not lower the training time of soldiers. All they do is let you train more soldiers with less clicks. If I am sitting here all day and I keep the barracks full, it doesn't matter if I have 100 armories or no armories, the same amount of soldiers will be trained in the same time.

Moreover, you aren't very far in the game. Training time gets slower and slower as squad sizes get bigger and bigger. Just wait. And the bad guys get tougher and tougher.

Another problem everyone has is the lack of trading partners. The reason for this is that the majority of players are leaving this game. They are leaving for some reason. So, your sarcasm aside, something is wrong. I don't know if fixing this issue will keep them here, but I am trying to come up with solutions. I can tell you that I am about ready to quit and fixing this issue would keep me here longer.

If you shorten the training time, people can have more fights, if they can have more fights, they can win more, if they can win more, they can explore more of the world map, if they can explore more of the world map, they can find a few more trading partners which are necessary for this game. If getting through the tech tree is going to be too fast, then you can either cut the amount of KP you get per fight, or just add a lot more to the tech tree. Give this game more functionality. Maybe once we have built our cities other things can happen, so getting through the tech tree would only be a step in the game, not the entire point.

DeletedUser967

Nope, I understand it well. And I stay in my opinion - training time is good and shouldn't be changed. If you want more armies and fights, build more armories and make more units in one slot.

DeletedUser651

You wrote "This game has good way for faster training - yes, armory." That is false. If that is what you think is true, then you do not understand armories. Or maybe it is a language translation issue. I thought that you meant that armories train your troops faster and that is not true. I was responding to that.

You don't seem to understand what I am saying.

It takes 11 minutes and 23 seconds to train one treant II. It takes that long to train one treant no matter how many armories I have. You think that just because the barracks can train more of them at once with armories that you are getting them trained faster? No. If you have one armory at a certain level you can train one treant in a slot and it will take 11:23 to train that treant. If you have two armories you can train two treants per slot and it takes 22:46 to train them. So, it doesn't matter if you are training 100 at a time or one at a time, it still takes 11:23 for every treant.

A squad is made up of 9 of them where I am now. Therefore, in order to get enough treants to fight a full battle (assuming all I want to use are treants which I do in some cases) it will take 9 hours and 33 minutes. I have a level 15 barracks so you can't get any faster than that. So, I wait all day long, I finally get to fight a battle that lasts 3 minutes and my treants die. 3 minutes of enjoyment for 9 and half hours of work.

That is silly.

I don't mind if all my soldiers die if I can fight again in an hour. Let the fighting be super hard, but let me keep trying it. If I have to wait another day just to fight? Come on. And I have a lot of squad upgrades to go through so that training time will only get slower because the squads get larger.

Players should be able to fight a lot, because it is fun and people play games for fun. Why not give players more fun? Seems like a good strategy to me if you want players to stick around.

DeletedUser

I totally agree with you: training time is really an important problem to solve :(