• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Shortage of Fragments - another Aspect of the Moonstone Problem

Avocado

There is a small group of new Players suffering from a shortage of Fragments. (I know, many others have too much). It is those, that have only one Moonstone set (which is the standard for new players) and own two Pilgrims Manors-sets. So they get 3 Combination Catalysts a week, but just a few Fragments. I am one of them. In spite of climbing the spire all the way to the top every, every week.

At the moment, I set up an orc shroom field in my woodelven city just for the purpose of building orcish ralley points which are then teleported and used for fragmentation (they yield the best harvest) But I am running out of teleports. And I cannot afford using them for anything else. I am at least trying to build a lasting supply of hardshrooms for later ralley point building. Less avid spire climbers are even worse off. And honestly, I am sick of it.

So please help!! I would suggest an event day price buildung producing loads of fragments, where one building produces the amount of 2 Moonstone libs.

Also I would like to say what the moonstone library set is in my opinion as a new player: It casts a crevice of power between old and new players. The building is insanely powerful in its sheer productive power of goods and in addition it allows access to the many expensive valuable items in the MA, which new Players can absolutely not afford on a regular basis and never will. When they have scrolls (as I do) and Elvenharz and such as their goods, they are additionally punished. And on top of that, a new player with just one moonstone set can never afford to produce anything else but combination catalysts all year round in their MA. Not to mention the FA disadvantages. Now when I see those fleet of moonstone sets in the old cities and the vast privileges that come with it, I just cannot believe the unfairness of it all.

I understand that this is difficult to solve. Taking the power away from the old cities would enrage them, understandably. More Moonstone Libs for everyone would further disbalance the trading worth of certain goods. I am glad that INNO did start some ameliorating steps. The Pilgrims Manor was a good Idea, though I would say, one really needs 3 CCś a week, I as a spire top climber I just get by with that. 2 is too little and 4 would be better. And then there is the Fragments Shortage (people with an additional CC Shortage do not notice that). Offering some more vapour for FA from the panda was also a good idea, though in reality all my pet food is used up by the brown bear and the fire phoenix. The Artifacts in the spire, being useful mainly for new players and not for old players who already own the buildings was also a good idea, but as already stated, it takes some years to get them fully evolved. (and takes some fun out of the spire for the old players).

So we new Players did get something, but not nearly an amount which could close the huge power gap between old and new Cities. Or was that even purpose? So that new players resort to Euros to buy at least a whimsy bridge?

Anyway, dear game gods, please send us poor buyers of a second Pilgrim Mansion the missing toilet paper.

Droopy

I also have only 1 moonstone library in beta and live worlds, but spell fragments can be easily made with Disenchant items in Summonings. Tip: try getting the biggest items in events ;-)

But i agree that the moonstonelibrary it is a disadvantage for new players like us.

The moonstonelibrary is extremly powerfull, it has only a recycle time of 21 hours so you can easily collect once every day. The Pilgrim manor is 24 hour and collecting is not that easy, because it quickly shifts in timeframes.

It would be better if they force to let only work maximum 3 of them in a city, so players with more has to sell them.

CrazyWizard

I wouldn't say it's a disadvantage for us who do not own too many spelfragments (me included) instead it's the default.
The issue is that some due to the moonstone set are in a very advantage situation and therefore have no idea what reality is for players without those buildings.

So it's good to hear another voice of what I have been saying all along.

The spire helps a lot in gaining more spellfragment, A top level spire player + 1 moonstone set should have enough spellfragments for crafting.
But thats the level of participation you need to break about even in crafting.

As Droopy said (and what I also do) is disenchanting unwanted items from events.
A level 5 academy gives the most fragments, and the diamonds for it you can earn in the spire.

maxiqbert

I have several cities without moonstone libraries. No fragments problem at all. Possibly catalysts missing, but hey, that's the game.

If you have too many catalysts for your fragments, you can disenchant those !

Avocado

@Droopy,@CrazyWizard,@maxiqbert : nice to have a lively discussion :))

As I already wrote in my first post, I am building Orcish Ralleye Points just for disenchanting them, because they are huge buildings. This of course means that I have already shreddered everything unneccessary in my inventory. Also I go to the spire top every week, collecting about 10k Fragments.
But I still have a fragments shortage. Maybe it is, because I craft a lot of royal restaurations and other expensive knick-knack. I need the royals for my Evo buildings, which I made out of the spire artefacts. Anyway, the stuff in the acadamy is there for crafting and the vision vapour opens the door of the vapour chest, with the best prices in the game. Also something, that owners of 3 ore even more moonstone libraries can easily access.

Unlike you, I have two Pilgrims Manors, meaning, together with the spire bounty, quite some Combi Catas. My MA is on 5. I know, there are only few people with that problem, it is only all the new players who won or bought gold in the Pilgrimage Event. For others, they have a shortage of CC's AND Fragments....

thanks for agreeing about the unfair power of the moonstone set. The 21h cycle is another feature of its power which I forgot to mention, but they are more, as listed in my first post. Its per square production of goods by far exeeds that of other buildings, for example. And, as I said, it makes it possible to craft lots of high quality expensive MA Items (several within one cycle by boostering) , get lots of vision vapour and open the vapour chests very frequently, means getting 500 Diamonds quickly and so on.

Lovec Krys

@Avocado I personaly wouldn't waste my blueprints for RRs, but if you don't plan having large amounts of magic residences and workshops (don't forget they can accumulate over time from Spire drops), then it might be ok.
Regarding the disadvantages of new players, i suggest, that best option is to add new sets and/or evos generating this - doesn't hurt the old players while helps newer players.

Moncsociusz

I think they could introduce a new building similar to the seahorse event, where you could choose production with better than usual results. And one of the selections could be fragments in a higher quantity than the moonstone sets. This would solve your problem, and wouldn't bother old players as probably they could get something else out of it. This could be a great Evo for the sorcerer's homecoming events.

Avocado

Yeah, I am glad you are also supporting the idea of a building producing fragments....though I would not want to sacrifice the production of an Evo building for that, if can be avoided....hmmm....well, a switchable building which is really generous in Fragment Production, like 5K a day, would also be useful in the light of the new MA Trading Option 5000 Fragments crafting CC's.

Avocado

And people having really enough CC's and enough fragments would be tempted often to spend 50 Diamonds for the MA getting new building choices and more Diamonds to timeboost these productions and everyone would be happy :))

little bee

Personally, I want to build as few libraries as possible because they are so harmfull to the game. But I never had enough fragments without at least 2 sets. And since the artifact recipie for 10k fragments and 3 blueprints was added even that did not suffice anymore. With the new recipies I will probably build a third set that I had in storage just to keep up fragment production. But I don't like to do that at all.
So yes, I agree, that there should definitively be a market friendly way to get extra fragments.

That said, I think there is another group of players who have too many fragments for their CCs. And that is everyone who does not have a lv. 5 MA or can not keep in production.

maxiqbert

Personally, I want to build as few libraries as possible because they are so harmfull to the game. But I never had enough fragments without at least 2 sets. And since the artifact recipie for 10k fragments and 3 blueprints was added even that did not suffice anymore. With the new recipies I will probably build a third set that I had in storage just to keep up fragment production. But I don't like to do that at all.
So yes, I agree, that there should definitively be a market friendly way to get extra fragments.

That said, I think there is another group of players who have too many fragments for their CCs. And that is everyone who does not have a lv. 5 MA or can not keep in production.
you do know that you can disenchant spells, right? so there is always a way to have more fragments

Aeva

If you are an active player you should have more then enough spellfragments and plenty oppurtunities to gain more by disenchanting.

little bee

you do know that you can disenchant spells, right? so there is always a way to have more fragments
Disenchanting every single summoning I have collected over the past one and a half year would give me less than 35k fragments. And that despite the fact that I have finished every single event and favored large dailies over small ones. So, there is absolutely no way this can compete with an additional library.

maxiqbert

Disenchanting every single summoning I have collected over the past one and a half year would give me less than 35k fragments. And that despite the fact that I have finished every single event and favored large dailies over small ones. So, there is absolutely no way this can compete with an additional library.
i'm talking about catalysts, magic manufacturing, power of supplies, ...
you can make them in your level 5 MA and disenchant them.

Avocado

@maxiqbert are you joking?! 5 spells of sorts take more than a day to produce in a MA Level 5 and yield less than 450 fragments. I need about 2500 fragments a day.

Avocado

not to mention, that my CC's also are used up and sometimes I run out of them, so they've got to be produced 24/7. Spells of sorts are valuable! And 'm not resetting the MA with diamands and not crafting everything, but a lot, on average 2 craftings per 5h period.

maxiqbert

not to mention, that my CC's also are used up and sometimes I run out of them, so they've got to be produced 24/7. Spells of sorts are valuable! And 'm not resetting the MA with diamands and not crafting everything, but a lot, on average 2 craftings per 5h period.
meaning that you just use too much recipes for what you're gaining
no imbalance here, just you who are greedy ;)

little bee

meaning that you just use too much recipes for what you're gaining
no imbalance here, just you who are greedy ;)
That would be a perfectly fair point, if the libraries didn't exist. But unfortunatly they do. And that means that some players have an extreme advantage by getting both more fragments and more CCs than others. And on top of that their advantage comes at the prize of hurting others via the destruction of the market. This is why I think that any change that makes the libraries more usefull is a bad change. And everything that helps newer players close the gap is good.

As I have said, the new recipies will probably cause me to build another library. I do this because I can and because it gives me an advantage. But the fact that I am able to do this is a bad thing in my opinion. So I will absolutely support any suggestion that takes away my advantage. And having an alternative sourse of fragments would definitively help.