• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Several chests in the tournament

eltina

Several chests in the tournament.
To make it more attractive to participate in the tournament.
There are many fellowships that get 10 chests.
In the fellowship I am in, we have the 10 chests on Thursday, as there are some who get many points.
There are also some users who only take 5 points to get 10 chests.

The current 10 chests must remain as they are now.

Chests 11 to XX (eg 15)
If points for each chest increase by 1000 points
It takes 40,000 points to get 10 chests.
Chests 11 - 9000 = total 49000/25 user = 1960
12 - 10000 = 59000/25 = 2360
13 - 11000 = 70000/25 = 2800
14 - 12000 = 82000/25 = 3280
15 - 13000 = 95000/25 = 3800

To get the win from chest 11 onwards, one must have taken e.g. 1900 points to get chest 11.
This will make (as in spire) that users take some more points.
I think those who take a lot of points should be rewarded. I do not want to get the 15 chests myself, but I think those who make a great effort should also be rewarded.

In chests 11 through XX, the rewards could be anything other than that in chests 1 through 10.

Since many would like a wishing well back, one of the chests could contain a wishing well.
A chest could contain the new warrior icons, teleport, diamonds.
Do you have other suggestions?
It should be something that is attractive as the chest should only contain 1 thing.

I've attached a picture of the users with the most points in this week's tournament.

Attachments

• Tournaments.jpg
    Tournaments.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 270

Richord

no thanks. Tournament is one of the best events of this game. more is not necessary.

Want more rewards? try convincing those unwilling-to-listen-devs to increase the rewards a lot in FA and in the tower.

CrazyWizard

no thanks. Tournament is one of the best events of this game. more is not necessary.

Want more rewards? try convincing those unwilling-to-listen-devs to increase the rewards a lot in FA and in the tower.

The tower even better?
It's already awesome

edeba

I think it would be nice to see more chests, but I doubt it very much if they'd ever include a wishing well, but spells, pet food and a teleport building would be nice extra bonuses.

Fairy Adventurer

I agree more chests are needed. My fellowship in live worlds finishes 10 chests on the Thursday and the only challenge is beating our own score each week. My players and I are becoming bored and would like to see a change made. Prizes of more blueprints, teleports, diamonds or even time reductions would be great :)

CrazyWizard

I expected such a change a while back, but doubt it now.

I think you have to ask yourserf why would you play the tournaments?
Are you playing it for the 10 chests?

I think most 10 chest fellowship just get 10 chest because it's the result for there goals inside the tournaments (except for a few guilds who try to take over the best guild score ever world wide crown)

every other week we are finished with 10 chest in within hours to maximum 1 day of the tournament starting.
Why? because we like the KP from the tournaments, the spells, sometimes the runes & fragments(new wonders unlocked) and the other goodies.
And preferred top ranked score at the end of the tournaments
As a result 10 chest follow naturally, the goal of 10 chest I feel is only real when you score ~40.000 or just below.
It was a fase we went trough when a new world openened and that was one of our goals.

If you get bored I think the source of that probleem is at another place than the 10th 11th of 20th chest.

Arthus

An idea of more than 10 tournament chest was already accepted and sent to the team 2 years ago.

Lovec Krys

@Arthus While I'm not against adding more tournament chests, I'm seriously concerned what might current team to do to the tournament when adding more chests.
I'm seriously concerned that after the change tournament might look like May Tree compared to the Winter 2018 set. (= rewards seriously crippled)

Arthus

@Arthus While I'm not against adding more tournament chests, I'm seriously concerned what might current team to do to the tournament when adding more chests.
I'm seriously concerned that after the change tournament might look like May Tree compared to the Winter 2018 set. (= rewards seriously crippled)

I'm pesimistic against any changes, to not disappoint myself as much as with Coldfire Phoenix event .

So maybe they should leave this as it is or just add one 11th chest with very big requirements for hardcore fellowships, without changing other 10 chests.

I would rather prefer them to introduce guest race settlements as in FOE. It would be much fun and work for players. I hope they plan it for future.
There's much team effort in the game now, there could be some solo content now.

What could be really done is lowering the ammounts of fights from 4 to 1 (just increase armies x4). There's so much clicking right now that it's painful.
It was also reported to the team long time ago, passed sugestions threads on several forums.

chris0707070707

I hope everybody realizes what might happen, if we talk too much about how easy it became to achieve 40 k points and 10 chests ;)
I think the devs would rather adjust requirements for 10 chests than introduce new ones. There was a time when 40 k points was a real challenge for almost every fellowship, but nowadays it's not. Our cities became more and more powerful, therefore putting the bar higher would make a perfect sense from their perspective (I hate to say it, but they might be right). Moreover, I think we get enough rewards from tournaments, both as a fellowship and individually. Additional rewards from 11th or 12th chest would be just too much.

The devs might give us what we want (a challenge), but not the way we want it, so we should be really careful what we are asking for ;)

Last edited:

edeba

True, they could mess things up, and they have royally done so in the past. But, I was so concerned when they messed with the first change on the tournament. My FS was building strength each week and had increased our take from the old tournament, and with the changes they did make it better.

I didn't think the spire would succeed with what they first put out, but now it is excellent.

The tournament has now had fellowships make over 100k of points in the tournament. I hate how long it takes to play the tournament now because when this design of the tournament first came out, I went out 27 provinces the very first one for two levels and made about 1600 points with two levels and I then completed the other levels for 9 or less of the provinces. In terms of encounters, I now do 3-4 times as many encounters and although the tournament features of the game are great, the tournament sucks in terms of what a drain it is, and it is NOT the fun it used to be. The other problem is the response time in the game has also declined which is think it just about cities getting bigger, so with that decline in response time, it takes in the range of 5-6 times longer to play a tournament level. It isn't fun. Long term players are cycling in and out of retirement because of game time demands and at some point a cycle out does become permanent.

The tournament needs to evolve with the game and it has not evolved with what it has become. There needs to be reduced clicking requirements from say chapter 10 and higher.

I would not reduce the reward system at all because that would slaughter beginning players and the foundation of the tournament, but adding chests for the thousands of player that make the 10 chests would nice, and to keep balance they don't need to be bigger and better; a set of MA spells in one, a pet food in another, a teleport spell in another, and this kind of rotation could repeat.

I hope everybody realizes what might happen, if we talk too much about how easy it became to achieve 40 k points and 10 chests ;)
I think the devs would rather adjust requirements for 10 chests than introduce new ones. There was a time when 40 k points was a real challenge for almost every fellowship, but nowadays it's not. Our cities became more and more powerful, therefore putting the bar higher would make a perfect sense from their perspective (I hate to say it, but they might be right). Moreover, I think we get enough rewards from tournaments, both as a fellowship and individually. Additional rewards from 11th or 12th chest would be just too much.

The devs might give us what we want (a challenge), but not the way we want it, so we should be really careful what we are asking for ;)

eltina

It has not been my wish to change the first 10 chests.
It should be possible for the small towns to be able to take chests.
It should be considered an extra offer for those who take many points. It is not a requirement to take all chests after the 10 chests.
If we write about this desire, I don't think we should be worried.
innogames always has the ability to pull statistics on how many take 10 chests and how fast as well as if there are some fellowship that take many more points than 40,000 points.

Egwene al Vere

I dont want more chest. I would like to see time instants as rewards. We seem to get these mostly in the spire and not always in other events. It would be nice if the weekly tournaments also include time boosters since not all of us can do or even complete the spire.

CrazyWizard

I dont want more chest. I would like to see time instants as rewards. We seem to get these mostly in the spire and not always in other events. It would be nice if the weekly tournaments also include time boosters since not all of us can do or even complete the spire.

The idea behind item exclusivity / restrictions is that you will make it happen, if you want them.
We can all do the spire, the main question is how much?

Egwene al Vere

CrazyWizard I win mostly spell fragments from the spire, it is very rare that I get a time booster or even anything else I would like to get more time boosters and I cant see why chests from events and the chests from tournaments cant include these also. More portal coins would not go a miss either. We only get 1 from the first part of the spire (ï've not been able to get further than that yet) if we're lucky that is and in events we might get 1 or two if we're lucky but these could also be included in tournament chests.

We always get enchantments, coin rain and windfalls every possible way, why not time boosters and portal coins too?

CrazyWizard

Have you ever looked at the time boosters from the fellowship reward? or are you playing solo?
You should be drowning in timeboosters if you did. even if you only play 1 or 2 levels.

first level: (at each waypoint unlocked by your fellowship)
Waypoint 1: 2x 5h
Waypoint 2: 2x 5h
Waypoint 3: 3x 5h
Waypoint 4: none
---------------------------
7x 5h = 35h

Second level:
Waypoint 1: 3x 5h
Waypoint 2: 4x 5h
Waypoint 3: 4x 5h
----------------------------
11x 5h = 55h

Third level:
Waypoint 1: 5x 5h
Waypoint 2: 5x 5h
Waypoint 3: 5x 5h
----------------------------
15x 5h = 75h

Total possible timeboosters fellowship reward = 165h

On average I get 200-240h per week from the tower including those random chests.

Thats week in week out.

DeletedUser3289

But ssh.... never say we easily make 100k in tournaments or so many boosters from spire in the forum...
Keep them secret from the devs or you know the consequences better than me

Marindor

We currently have no plans to make any changes here, so for now I'll have to archive this thread.