• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Set buildings.

DeletedUser

These are the set buildings I could find in game files:
Ice Mountain Troll (5x4) : 11000 Culture / 63000 Coins (2625/h)
Frozen Fountain (2x3) : 490 Culture / 4700 Mana
Frozen Orc Vortex (2x4) : 2200 Culture / 210 Orcs
Giant's Hand (4x3) : 3100 Culture / 1860 boosted_plus_1_quality_1(???)

Heymrdiedier

Too bad if you have 1 of each, you cant get max bonus out of all the buildings. Seems like you have to get some building duplicate to get some max bonusses on some.

Also only 1 bonus seems worth it, the kp one, but a tome of secrets can give you more kp for less space.

DeletedUser

If been doing the math for the combined set-buildings, one of each.
The numbers are for the halfling chapter (still the highest you can get)
Please correct me if I'm wrong

setbuildings 2.png

You need a 7 x 7 space on the grid for it, minus 3 tiles, that's 46 blocks

Counting for 46 tiles and all 4 set-buildings build adjacent, and 24hrs max. collect time, you get:
Culture 16,790 | 365.00 p/tile
Mana 7,050 | 6.39 p/tile
Coins 94,500 | 85.60 p/tile
Supplies 31,500 | 28.53 p/tile
Orcs 314 | 0.28 p/tile
T1-goods 3699 | 3.35 p/tile
(non-bonus)

Oh and 1 knowledge point per 24 hours (Scrooge would be proud)

Conclusion:
When it comes to culture, it's about the same as previous Grand Prizes (within the same chapter)
Mana is truly pathetic, even the Weeping Willows from chapter 9 are better.

I'm never ever going to build such a large building for coins, supplies, orcs or t1-goods (non-bonus). But just a small comparison
The Traveling Merchant I gives you 230 T1 non-bonus goods per 3 hours, that's
6.39 per tile/per hour.

So, do what you want, but I'm not going to invest time and space for this joke
:eek:

Adjusted for space

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
If been doing the math for the combined set-buildings, one of each.
The numbers are for the halfling chapter (still the highest you can get)

You need a 7 x 8 space on the grid for it, minus 3 tiles, that's 53 blocks

Counting for 53 tiles and all 4 set-buildings build adjacent, and 24hrs max. collect time, you get:
Culture 16,790 | 316.79 p/tile
Mana 7,050 | 5.54 p/tile
Coins 94,500 | 74.29 p/tile
Supplies 31,500 | 24.76 p/tile
Orcs 314 | 0.25 p/tile
T1-goods 3699 | 2.91 p/tile
(non-bonus)

Oh and 1 knowledge point per 24 hours (Scrooge would be proud :rolleyes:)

Conclusion:
When it comes to culture, even my events building I got in Chapter 10 (S&D) are better.
Mana is truly pathetic, even the Woodelves habitat from chapter 9 is better.

I'm never ever going to build such a large building for coins, supplies, orcs or t1-goods (non-bonus). But just a small comparison
The Traveling Merchant I gives you 230 T1 non-bonus goods per 3 hours, that's
6.39 per tile/per hour.

So, do what you want, but I'm not going to invest time and space for this bad joke :eek:
its because your math failed :)

Heymrdiedier

Counting for 53 tiles and all 4 set-buildings build adjacent, and 24hrs max. collect time, you get:

In the layout you post, 2 buildings only have a 3 set-bonus, not the full 4 set bonus, so your actually counting too much.

Also mathing 1 set for comparison is a bit useless. This is very versatile, like if you want mana, you could add multiple mana 2x3 buildings to the layout. only the building you get from opening chests you can only get 1 of (except maybe adventures) so only that one is abit hard to work with

DeletedUser

In the layout you post, 2 buildings only have a 3 set-bonus, not the full 4 set bonus, so your actually counting too much.

Also mathing 1 set for comparison is a bit useless. This is very versatile, like if you want mana, you could add multiple mana 2x3 buildings to the layout. only the building you get from opening chests you can only get 1 of (except maybe adventures) so only that one is abit hard to work with

@Heymrdiedier Thx, adjusted the lay-out and numbers, but it didn't really changed all that much. So my opinion hasn't changed

I still don't now if it would work if you would combine more of the same buildings.
If it is, I would certainly only go for the one mana-building 4 times and forget about the rest :p

Heymrdiedier

@Heymrdiedier Thx, adjusted the lay-out and numbers, but it didn't really changed all that much. So my opinion hasn't changed

I still don't now if it would work if you would combine more of the same buildings.
the description clearly says u need to connect unique buildings. So it doesnt work putting down 4 times the same building. At least thats not how it works in FoE and if it does on Elvenar then thats probably a bug (which cang ive you some diamonds ;o )

Dony

King of Bugs
replacing 2 magic maze buildings for this set is enough for me to have more culture and all bonuses are free on top of it

DeletedUser

replacing 2 magic maze buildings for this set is enough for me to have more culture and all bonuses are free on top of it

Sure, except that you have already junked out those magic mazes. Maybe in favour of mana-buildings? ;)

I never build those mazes on live. There just too big :eek:

Dony

King of Bugs
i am actually removing all mana buildings, i dont need mana and with the pace of new guest races i can produce enough

SoggyShorts

Forgive me if I'm still not clear on this...
Can I have 1 of each in the set + 5 extra mana buildings, and all of them get the +25% mana bonus?
Too bad if you have 1 of each, you cant get max bonus out of all the buildings. Seems like you have to get some building duplicate to get some max bonusses on some.
I'm not seeing this... It looks to me like there are 3 levels of set bonuses, and you get one per building after the first.
set.png
That looks to me like if I have 1 of each I'll get all of the bonuses

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

@Ritsel
When I look at the buildings I'm quite impressed.
  • The orc maker is very close to an orcs nest with the set bonus, especial since it doesn't need a road.
  • The mana building makes more than a library(with 25% set bonus), at less than half the space.
  • The main building gives culture, coins, supplies and a KP for just 4 more squares than a ToS
  • The goods producer is actually pretty close to a Level 27 boosted with +700% boost, once you factor in that it needs no road, no pop, no culture, and no supplies

DeletedUser

@SoggyShorts You only get the 3 bonus extras for each building if you have a set of the 4 buildings and build them adjacent to each other. That's why I've added it up and looked at it as 1 very big building

Heymrdiedier

Forgive me if I'm still not clear on this...
Can I have 1 of each in the set + 5 extra mana buildings, and all of them get the +25% mana bonus?

I'm not seeing this... It looks to me like there are 3 levels of set bonuses, and you get one per building after the first.
That looks to me like if I have 1 of each I'll get all of the bonuses
to have 1 of the buildings get the full bonus, it has to border all 3 other buildings to get the full bonus. I havent looked much at it yet, but i havent found a layout yet which makes all 4 buildings border the other 3.

Getting 25% mana bonus on 5 mana buildings is gonna be hard. since its rather small it hasnt got much room to border alot. but i can think of a layout with 2 orc buildings 2 mana buildings 1 toll and 1 hand that allows 2 mana buildings with 25% bonus. while the others will then only have 2 or 1 adjacent bonus.

Its a puzzle, but for me its not appealing enough to be making this puzzle. I hate everything that gives mana since i got the dragon abbey, and maze. And lately everything is giving mana, so im not very interested in most of the event rewards.