• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Sentinent Goods Imbalance

DeletedUser778

Will there something be done about it?
Like cheating some to a Mod account to counter the imbalance?

At the moment there is 564k Platinum offered (for 320k Gum and 243k Moonstone)
and no Gum/Moonstone at all. :confused:

T5 doesn't look good either atm... hopefully it will get better in the future.
Currently a demand for 119k Velvet (77k Obsidian and 62k Ink offered)
and 32k Obsidian for 32k Ink...

DeletedUser1681

The market will balance itself, just like it did last time.
I'm not quite that confident.

In this game people seem to arrive to a point in "waves" - when the second, third etc arrive to Elementals the first wave has acchieved their goal and are waiting for the next race, placing 9hr or longer productions (if any)... but no so much sentient goods productions (why would they, no need) . This leads to imbalance, some sentient goods that are hard to come by to begin with become very very hard to get. In live server (a small one) that I play the tree gum has practically disappeared. - certainly not a kind of thing to motivate people who've arrived later to keep playing. There's a new chapter started, things might get better for a while, but what happens when the first wave has zoomed their optimized cities to the finish line and become half dormant again.

I'm sure that developers have their statistics etc. but I'm a bit suspicious that this might fall into the category of how people "feel" that the market should work.
If the market stalls their advance, how long are they willing to persist. It would be much better if developers would come up with some quest/achievement or such thing to keep people producing and selling sentient goods even if they've finished a certain chapter.

SoggyShorts

It would be much better if developers would come up with some quest/achievement or such thing to keep people producing and selling sentient goods even if they've finished a certain chapter.
This would be a great addition.
I found no issues on Live with T4, but that's no guarantee that it will keep working that way.

T4 on US2&4 was only a problem for a couple of weeks, maybe 3. Then right up until and including today there is no shortage of anything.
Of course it always looks like 1 kind is missing, but that is because trade is global, and no one who makes plat would post up plat when there are already gum and moon trades up asking for plat.

I've been feeding FS members (and other friends) t4 for about 5 months now. There's no reason not to keep making T4 since either the seeds decay directly, or after I turn them into T4. At least the T4 can help someone.

As for T5 (which the OP was worried about), I see no reason why it won't go exactly the same way T4 did when chapter 12 launched-- it's the same players doing the same thing.

DeletedUser607

the problem could be eased by allowing cross-trades.

because currently, T1-3 can be traded, and T4-5 can be traded. but it's not possible to trade between T1-3 and T4-5 (means, no planks vs platinum possible).

allowing this would motivate people to keep their manufactories running even while there is no need for sentient goods.

;-)

Heymrdiedier

the problem could be eased by allowing cross-trades.

because currently, T1-3 can be traded, and T4-5 can be traded. but it's not possible to trade between T1-3 and T4-5 (means, no planks vs platinum possible).

allowing this would motivate people to keep their manufactories running even while there is no need for sentient goods.

;-)
I trade my excess T4 with the fellowship.
for example:
he puts up 10k moonstone for 40k platinum.
I accept the trade since idont need platinum anymore at this point, and put up a trade for 10k marble for 40k steel.
Then the person who took the platinum accepts my trade.

That way i traded T4 for T1, for me it doesnt feel like a loss since its just the same as the decay does. For the other player who needs the T4 it helps him a lot.
Im not sure if this is okay tho or considered pushing another player, need to find that out still...

edeba

That is just strategic playing, helping FS members is part of the game.

I trade my excess T4 with the fellowship.
for example:
he puts up 10k moonstone for 40k platinum.
I accept the trade since idont need platinum anymore at this point, and put up a trade for 10k marble for 40k steel.
Then the person who took the platinum accepts my trade.

That way i traded T4 for T1, for me it doesnt feel like a loss since its just the same as the decay does. For the other player who needs the T4 it helps him a lot.
Im not sure if this is okay tho or considered pushing another player, need to find that out still...

SoggyShorts

Pushing is one way, what you are doing gets you a better FS member who can do more in tournaments. "pushing" smaller FS members is an investment, and not cheating afaik