• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Scout alert

Earwen1

My idea is best explained by an image, I think.
3x world icon elvenar Firefox_Screenshot_2020-10-16T16-52-31.552Z.png

Quite often it happens that the scout has finished it's job and I hadn't noticed.
Then it was inactive for some time, while I thought it was still busy. So I keep loading the world map to see what my scout is doing.
My idea is to add a small scout icon to the world map icon in the bottom of the screen.

Grey = no scout active
Green = scout is active
Red = scout is finished (stays red until the world map has been loaded)

galrond

My idea is best explained by an image, I think.
View attachment 8103
Quite often it happens that the scout has finished it's job and I hadn't noticed.
Then it was inactive for some time, while I thought it was still busy. So I keep loading the world map to see what my scout is doing.
My idea is to add a small scout icon to the world map icon in the bottom of the screen.

Grey = no scout active
Green = scout is active
Red = scout is finished (stays red until the world map has been loaded)
I think that is a great idea. But I would cut the red one, so it just showed active/not active.
Not that I mind the red one, but it´s not that importent.

Earwen1

(...)
Not that I mind the red one, but it´s not that importent.
The red one is more consistent with the other notifications such as the ones for mail, messages and new stock / inventory items. Al these have a red mark when something new is there.

Lovec Krys

Yes, I support that. We do have an option to mouse hover the world icon to find out if scouting is in progress or not, but this way we could see it directly with no extra action required.
It's easy to forget to check it especialy with so long scouts (around 100hrs or even higher).

edeba

Great idea, but I think just the green and grey are necessary. Green shows at a glance the scout is active and grey shows that it is not. I think the loading part really doesn't do much.

Enevhar Aldarion

Is this for browser or mobile? Because on browser, all you have to do is mouse over the world map icon and it will show if a scout is active or not and how much time is left, so no needing to look at the world map.

Pauly7

+1 from me. I've requested something similar more than once on the Live forum, but no joy.