• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Runeshard Changes

Jackluyt

Have any of the other live worlds gotten this feature besides International?
It was announced for today.

Some thoughts I shared with my group, from our experience in Beta:

1. Senior players with hundreds of common low level rune shards can help the newcomers to finish their wonders free of charge. There will be a feeding frenzy at first - but the KP costs nothing, and they stay in the fellowship!
2. Endless Chain threads work just fine, for me. Particularly if they are divisible by 15.
3. There is a 'lock' that kicks in if a city receives a lot more KP than it receives - InnoGames are not going to tell us the precise cut-off level because that would help people who run 'Push Accounts'.
4. You cannot get locked it you give 10 KP to your own wonders - it is only a net import / export imbalance that triggers it. But why use your Rune Shard to get only 10 KP when you can get 15 KP from it by swapping? If you are averse to using Swap Threads, find a Dump Buddy and drop equal numbers of shards on each other's wonders, so there is no import/export imbalance.
5. If you do get blocked, donating a few KP to another player will unlock you - but InnoGames are not telling how many is required. And they have also asked us not to discuss these numbers - which is their right, to preserve their own intellectual property.
6. The lock goes away after a day or so - but we suspect that if you keep getting blocked, the game might become stricter with its cut-off points - to counter 'Push Accounts'.
7. Get your friends to check if you have wonders ready to upgrade! If everyone is dropping lots of KP on friends, it is easy to miss that someone has finished a wonder for you - and unfortunately there is not way in the present browser version to quickly scan for completed wonders; but friends can see these at a single glance.
8. IMO, this is going to make it far too easy for beginners to get a lot of level 30 wonders. Up till now, having lots of high-level Wonders has required dedication and hard work - or cheating. Now everyone is going to have the early-level Wonders maxed quite quickly - cancelling all the hard work that older players have put in.
I don't like the effect it will have on the game ultimately - though in the short term it will appear to be excellent and welcome. I suspect that with a sudden surge of powerful Wonders appearing in everyone's cities, the designers may be forced to rebalance the game to make the playing field level again - in which case, what would the point have been of making this change?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bor de Wolf 1965

It is now active on life servers as well and in the FS I play there we just talk and make a deal how much kp/shards you would use on my wonder A and in return I use the same amount on your wonder B.
It is a chat channel so chat in it.
What we do is leave at least some room for other members to donate something as well so all the boxes will be taken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turbina

3. There is a 'lock' that kicks in if a city receives a lot more KP than it receives - InnoGames are not going to tell us the precise cut-off level because that would help people who run 'Push Accounts'.

8. IMO, this is going to make it far too easy for beginners to get a lot of level 30 wonders. Up till now, having lots of high-level Wonders has required dedication and hard work - or cheating. Now everyone is going to have the early-level Wonders maxed quite quickly - cancelling all the hard work that older players have put in.

Given the restriction of (3), I do not think that (8) will happen. Help from veteran players is limited (and it is a limit imposed on the receiving player, not on the donor), so beginners must still acquire most of the needed KP themselves; and this new source of AW-KP (the runes) does not come by in great numbers.

Jackluyt

Given the restriction of (3), I do not think that (8) will happen. Help from veteran players is limited (and it is a limit imposed on the receiving player, not on the donor), so beginners must still acquire most of the needed KP themselves; and this new source of AW-KP (the runes) does not come by in great numbers.

I have hundreds of the early level Rune Shards, and all those wonders are at level 30 already.
I will give them away to any fellowship member who asks for them, as a gift; there is nothing else I can do with them.
:)

274257168_10220557170779877_369928346592889137_n.jpg

eltina

We have kp swap thread.
we also give runes when we write.
now the small city have problem, there is lock for more kp.
the small city get kp from runes, and the small city give other kp, becaus the small city have not many runes.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

We have kp swap thread.
we also give runes when we write.
now the small city have problem, there is lock for more kp.
the small city get kp from runes, and the small city give other kp, becaus the small city have now many runes.
I have hundreds of the early level Rune Shards, and all those wonders are at level 30 already.
I will give them away to any fellowship member who asks for them, as a gift; there is nothing else I can do with them.
:)

274257168_10220557170779877_369928346592889137_n.jpg
Pushing is not just transferring KP from your second to your first account.
Pushing is any inbalanced transer of goods.

Zo if you donate 4000 kp by dumping your runes on at another players, thats also pushing.

There is no gray, it's black or it's white.

Killy

Pushing is not just transferring KP from your second to your first account.
Pushing is any inbalanced transer of goods.

Zo if you donate 4000 kp by dumping your runes on at another players, thats also pushing.

There is no gray, it's black or it's white.

Black or white? What if I want to trade 500 kps of runes I don't need at all for 80 kps from a chest? I don't see any pushing there, even if the trade is "inbalanced".

Bor de Wolf 1965

@Killy if you put say 500kp in a wonder of mine and I put 500kp back in a wonder of your choice it is white.
If I don't put the 500kp back in a wonder from you is is black.
That is how it is.

CrazyWizard

Black or white? What if I want to trade 500 kps of runes I don't need at all for 80 kps from a chest? I don't see any pushing there, even if the trade is "inbalanced".

It is considered inbalanced

If I want to convert my shell shares into cash quickly because I need cash and accept 1000 euro/dollar/pounds when it's worth 10.000. do you think the IRS would say it's not imbalanced? maybe just maybe you can get away with it once but every time?

And if it's a 1 time 500 then no barrier will be triggered, but if you do this all the time, thats when the barrier gets triggered.
Yes it's pushing KP if you constantly send 500kp for 80 and that person sends nothing in return.

think about it this way, it it fair if Player A gets 500kp for free all the time, and Player B,C, D and E get nothing? would it be balanced between those 5 players if 1 player gets 500KP all the time for free?

Killy

It is considered inbalanced

If I want to convert my shell shares into cash quickly because I need cash and accept 1000 euro/dollar/pounds when it's worth 10.000. do you think the IRS would say it's not imbalanced? maybe just maybe you can get away with it once but every time?

And if it's a 1 time 500 then no barrier will be triggered, but if you do this all the time, thats when the barrier gets triggered.
Yes it's pushing KP if you constantly send 500kp for 80 and that person sends nothing in return.

think about it this way, it it fair if Player A gets 500kp for free all the time, and Player B,C, D and E get nothing? would it be balanced between those 5 players if 1 player gets 500KP all the time for free?

Then my 3 star trades with 50k for 49k (because I don't wanna wait) are imbalanced and pushing? In the FA and the tournament everyone gets the same group reward unregarded their effort, seems pretty "imbalanced". Kp hunting is imbalanced and even swap trades aren't balanced. The game looks way more gray than black and white to me. I am not saying it is balanced, I say the game isn't much balanced at all.

eltina

Many of my first AW are in lvl 30 of this reason I Can now get change with other player, giv me 30 runes = 450kp and I give you the same back.
I use my Rune in the swap thread.
now we stop to give the small city Rune, because else the small city Can not use oure kp swap messager.
there are still small that there nead the rune and not give a Way.
thay have kp they Can give to the next person in the messager but not rune.

CrazyWizard

Then my 3 star trades with 50k for 49k (because I don't wanna wait) are imbalanced and pushing? In the FA and the tournament everyone gets the same group reward unregarded their effort, seems pretty "imbalanced". Kp hunting is imbalanced and even swap trades aren't balanced. The game looks way more gray than black and white to me. I am not saying it is balanced, I say the game isn't much balanced at all.
If you want to block pushing you cannot be gray, you cannot say it's a yesno, it's either a yes, or a no.

and for your quustion, if you would put a similar scheme on it, then if you do that trade 5.000.000 times with the same player in a week, yes it's pushing.

Remember they already made it so it will not trigger if you push a little. it will trigger if you push a lot.

So if you give a player 30 points here, then tomorrow 30 points there en then 2 days later another 30 points you will never reach the cap.
But if you push 500 points today, 500 points tomorrow, and 500 points another 2 days later, you WILL reach the cap.

and if you reach it. it's more than fair.

Enevhar Aldarion

If you want to block pushing you cannot be gray, you cannot say it's a yesno, it's either a yes, or a no.

and for your quustion, if you would put a similar scheme on it, then if you do that trade 5.000.000 times with the same player in a week, yes it's pushing.

Remember they already made it so it will not trigger if you push a little. it will trigger if you push a lot.

So if you give a player 30 points here, then tomorrow 30 points there en then 2 days later another 30 points you will never reach the cap.
But if you push 500 points today, 500 points tomorrow, and 500 points another 2 days later, you WILL reach the cap.

And a fellowship of 25 people cannot have 24 of them give barely 100 kp each to the 25th member before that person is locked from getting more.

Killy

Oh, I am not saying there is anything wrong with the cap, I think too it is more than fair. But I don't think it is black or white and there gonna be "imbalance". I would trade crappy runes against useful runes 2:1 every day, might be imbalanced as well or maybe not, maybe it's just a fair trade (or whatever ratio might be "fair").

Jackluyt

Angry Tank posted this in EN Forum:

i can't help feeling a bit cheated. After years of playing, and years of hard work trying to earn kps from tournaments to upgrade my aw's (having to let the aw's sit quietly doing no upgrades while kps needed to be directed into the research tree every time a new chapter was released), everyone is simply being given dozens of wonder levels.
I am in the minority of very long term players that have put in countless hours, only to see the vast majority simply gifted dozens upon dozens of wonder level upgrades.
I love helping my FS and new players around me on the map, but this is just taking the....

That sums up my feeling precisely. I have slaved doggedly over the years to improve my AW's - and now it is going to be much easier for any Tom. Dick and Harriette to get their basic wonders to level thirty - if they are members of a fellowship with old players like myself who don't mind gifting their rune shards to newcomers.
This change has down-valued the rarity value of my carefully nurtured basic wonders, and leaves me seriously wondering why I am bothering to play...
:(

Last edited: