• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Runeshard Changes

Bor de Wolf 1965

@Alcaro please DON'T fill up my monastery or Golden Abyss.
I noticed this spire and tournament, I have trouble fighting.
The difficult calculator Inno put in the game to make it harder is so broken that I can't handle any more levels in the 2 wonders I have.
Golden Abbys level 8 and Monastery level 3 and I can fight the first 2 ghosts at the spire and nothing more.
I also can fight the first 5 province of the tournament and the rest I have to buy.
They should really check their formulas and adjust them for lower level players.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Marindor Now would be an excellent time to restrict KP donations. Only players within a FS or discovered (1-way?) should be allowed to donate to each other's wonders

Mobile-only players do not have to worry about that because they cannot interact with an undiscovered city at all, including their AWs. Discovered neighbors and fellowship members only for them.

Enevhar Aldarion

I noticed this spire and tournament, I have trouble fighting.
The difficult calculator Inno put in the game to make it harder is so broken that I can't handle any more levels in the 2 wonders I have.
Golden Abbys level 8 and Monastery level 3 and I can fight the first 2 ghosts at the spire and nothing more.
I also can fight the first 5 province of the tournament and the rest I have to buy.
They should really check their formulas and adjust them for lower level players.

Levels in your AWs means it makes squad sizes bigger, not fights harder. And the Spire is much more random for enemy squads than in the tournament. One week could be all unfair fights and the next week could be all easy fights.

edeba

So if I counted my runeshard on live correctly, this change means 170.000 KPs in total. Why am I afraid that this will ever reach live servers (at least with the current ratio 1=10/15)?
I counted the same. But it works out to maybe 150-250 AW levels and there is about 1200 available so I think it is just going to give a big push to leveling desired AW and a bunch will never be used because of not wanting the AWs. I think it is a great opportunity for newer players to get some levels on AWs.

It is also a great opportunity for FS to develop reward programs that older players with lots of rune could use without taking away from their goals.

FieryArien

I like this new feature. It’s a bit of a mess at the moment as everybody works through their (large) stock, but it will settle down and will generally benefit all players.

Helping fresh members with their first wonders will be pleasant. :)

About those players with huge stocks: these ones usually already have their preferred wonders maxed, haven’t they? The crappy runes from wonders they don’t want will not really help them. Sure, they’ll benefit more from this feature than small members, but that’s true in almost every area anyway. The impact won’t be as crazy as many fear, I think (and hope).

Lovec Krys

@Arthus , @SoggyShorts I don't think that in this case you have to worry about push accounts. The player would need to actively play those push cities to get runes in the first place. So how many players are so crazy to actively play 50 cities? And how usefull would be runes from 50 low chapter cities for a player who needs KPs into his late chapter wonders?

Sprite1313

This needs to be a lot clearer than it is at present. I pressed the button, received an unknown amount to my Wonder because I didn't screenshoot it, (what was I thinking?). I got no information, no confirmation window... Perhaps all of the above could be added to this feature?
They definitely need to add a “confirm“ button. Not as big a deal for an advanced player with literally thousands of runes, but a new player who is scrambling to collect runes for the next rune upgrade may not realize what they are doing until it is too late. Early game, every rune is precious.

little bee

Personally I think that 10/15 KP per rune is absolutely exessive and should be drastically nerved, maybe to 3/5 KP.

First of all there will be a massive and sudden infusion of KP into the game from all the stored runes. This does not work well with the usual long grind of the game and will probably cause a lot of turbulance on the short scale. It will also massively widen the gap between players.
Things may settle down at some point, but the entire game balance would be drastically changed. At the moment tournament provinces 10+ give 10 KP+2 runes in their 6 rounds. So 15KP per rune would quadrupel the KP earnings. That is just to much. It completly devaluates any other source of KP, like events or evolving buildings.
I would also like to point out, that this change would make the 6th round of tournament the most important. For any players without timewarp or polar bear this can easily conflict with sleep rhythm. Personally, I like elvenar because it is quite casual and relaxing. If I have to choose between loosing 30% of my weekly KP or going to bed an hour later than usual, I will probably choose to quit the game in order to protect my health.

Alcaro

well, there are all kind of types of players not only your type @little bee . Some will want to get those runes from last round, some will not care at all. If you want to play casual and relaxing, then do not complain about not filling the gap between casual players and competitive players. It's your personal choice how to play this game but IMHO you can't have both goodies - casual playing and being competitive and top player. It's one or another.

Alcaro

Instead of giving us KP for runes, go back to the old tourney format and let us farm KP that way :p
are 2 different dishes, if I can say so. This new feature comes as a response to ppl requests for some use for so many runes.

SoggyShorts

They definitely need to add a “confirm“ button. Not as big a deal for an advanced player with literally thousands of runes, but a new player who is scrambling to collect runes for the next rune upgrade may not realize what they are doing until it is too late. Early game, every rune is precious.

As long as there is also a "Don't show this warning again" button, then sure.

Enevhar Aldarion

Right now, on most cities, I get ~10 broken fragments a week (or more), that I can do nothing with, because all my current wonders have "full circles" (or are built) and the "convert to runeshard" facility is greyed out.

This is why we have some crafting recipes that require the broken shards.

Jammin

I don't understand the point of this update at all, they could have made anything out of the runes instead they made Kp out of them, why ?
Even if this is beta, there is also a game balance here that is already lopsided as of today and what for?
When I see that, I don't even want to think about what they want to do with the surplus relics.
On the live worlds, some have installed as many knowledge points as required culture or population because multi and push accounts are used without any consequences, and now another tool to generate even more knowledge points.
The competition in the rankings is already completely destroyed, should this improve it or lead to absurdity?

SoggyShorts

multi and push accounts are used without any consequences, and now another tool to generate even more knowledge points.
The competition in the rankings is already completely destroyed, should this improve it or lead to absurdity?
Perhaps the goal is actually to level the playing field? Legit players have an extremely difficult time catching up with pushers, and while this would help pushers max out sooner than normal it will also help legit players max out much sooner than they normally would. Maybe.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like it as a fix, but punishing cheaters isn't in inno's financial interests, so that's odd the table.