• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Runeshard Changes

Jammin

I can understand that veteran players will feel like they've done a lot more for their Wonders than others with this update, but they'll continue to benefit from the runes they already have.

On the other hand, don't forget that this game takes a lot of time to get to the endgame.
It's common for games with such a long progression process to give newbies a boost to catch up, otherwise the game would stop getting player feed if the grinding is too time consuming.

In addition, I'm sure that the max level of the Wonder will soon be raised further, I just hope that Inno will also take the second effect of the Wonder into account or at least add another effect from level 30/35. For example, I wouldn't really want to level a Golden Abyss to infinity just for coins.

Heymrdiedier

Angry Tank posted this in EN Forum:

i can't help feeling a bit cheated. After years of playing, and years of hard work trying to earn kps from tournaments to upgrade my aw's (having to let the aw's sit quietly doing no upgrades while kps needed to be directed into the research tree every time a new chapter was released), everyone is simply being given dozens of wonder levels.
I am in the minority of very long term players that have put in countless hours, only to see the vast majority simply gifted dozens upon dozens of wonder level upgrades.
I love helping my FS and new players around me on the map, but this is just taking the....

That sums up my feeling precisely. I have slaved doggedly over the years to improve my AW's - and now it is going to be much easier for any Tom. Dick and Harriette to get their basic wonders to level thirty - if they are members of a fellowship with old players like myself who don't mind gifting their rune shards to newcomers.
This change has down-valued the rarity value of my carefully nurtured basic wonders, and leaves me seriously wondering why I am bothering to play...
:(

Actually, as a long time player i feel the opposite, that its a good thing.
After years of trying to get the biggest city possible with as many high level wonders as possible i was hit very hard with the tournament/spire formula change. Many people who didnt have high level wonders yet, said it wasnt as bad as i picture it, but thats not how I felt it. Felt like i was enforced a handicap on me, that i couldnt control whatsoever.

Now that everyone is levelling their wonders like crazy, for me it feels like the playing field is gettin evened out again, so my handicap is getting less then what it used to be. Even tho i still know im still handicapped, I now know many others are almost as handicapped as much handicapped as I am now, which makes it more bareable.

(And silently im still hoping they with more people getting handicapped, that inno will start to realise that the formula is bad)

Does this make any sense? :)

Alcaro

@Heymrdiedier

Schadenfreude much?
giggle-or-hee-hee.gif

(Edit SyreArca: "malicious joy much?"
English only please :))

Little Edit by yours truly > Alcaro
* Schadenfreude is borrowed from German. It is a compound of Schaden, "damage/harm", and Freude, "joy". The German word was first mentioned in English texts in 1852 and 1867, and first used in English running text in 1895.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Angry Tank posted this in EN Forum:

i can't help feeling a bit cheated. After years of playing, and years of hard work trying to earn kps from tournaments to upgrade my aw's (having to let the aw's sit quietly doing no upgrades while kps needed to be directed into the research tree every time a new chapter was released), everyone is simply being given dozens of wonder levels.
I am in the minority of very long term players that have put in countless hours, only to see the vast majority simply gifted dozens upon dozens of wonder level upgrades.
I love helping my FS and new players around me on the map, but this is just taking the....

That sums up my feeling precisely. I have slaved doggedly over the years to improve my AW's - and now it is going to be much easier for any Tom. Dick and Harriette to get their basic wonders to level thirty - if they are members of a fellowship with old players like myself who don't mind gifting their rune shards to newcomers.
This change has down-valued the rarity value of my carefully nurtured basic wonders, and leaves me seriously wondering why I am bothering to play...
:(
I do not feel that way, I play for more than 6 years now, and I madly worked on tournaments, I also slaved myself searching for free kp wt other peoples wonders for a long long time. I spend an insane amount of hours into it.

But I think that this is a good move. it doesnt make sense you need to slave yourself for years just to get where I got.

You also need to dangle a carrot in front of new people to make sure something doesnt feel like becomming unobtanium. now they can fee they can get those wonders at a decent level.

edeba

I can understand that veteran players will feel like they've done a lot more for their Wonders than others with this update, but they'll continue to benefit from the runes they already have.

On the other hand, don't forget that this game takes a lot of time to get to the endgame.
It's common for games with such a long progression process to give newbies a boost to catch up, otherwise the game would stop getting player feed if the grinding is too time consuming.

In addition, I'm sure that the max level of the Wonder will soon be raised further, I just hope that Inno will also take the second effect of the Wonder into account or at least add another effect from level 30/35. For example, I wouldn't really want to level a Golden Abyss to infinity just for coins.
Totally agree on that. They need to fix the level 31 to level 35 benefit. I'm thinking with the kp boost from the AW runes the next levels of the AWs are probably going to be about 5k each of kp.

Mana costs are too high. They need to come down. Both the DA and maze give mana according to completed provinces and that simply does not scale to the way the mana costs increase in the later chapters. They both need chapter bonus, like 2% for each chapter, so we got them in chapter 10 so a multiplier 1.02^(current chapter -10), so chapter 11 an extra 2%, chapter 15 1.02^(15-10)= 1.02^5=1.104 (10.4% increase), chapter 19 1.02^9=1.195 (19.5% increase). Looking at the numbers, I don't think 2% per chapter is enough, so 3% per chapter would give an extra 30.5%. This is actually still low and way below scale compared to how mana costs increase. 4% would increase by 42.3% for chapter 19, and 5% would be 55.1% increase and 6% would give 69% increase. Too many of the AWs are not scaling with increased chapters and this is actually a super good idea to make AWs scale to chapter so they aren't a decline benefit through the chapters.

Skillpowers

Totally agree on that. They need to fix the level 31 to level 35 benefit. I'm thinking with the kp boost from the AW runes the next levels of the AWs are probably going to be about 5k each of kp.

Mana costs are too high. They need to come down. Both the DA and maze give mana according to completed provinces and that simply does not scale to the way the mana costs increase in the later chapters. They both need chapter bonus, like 2% for each chapter, so we got them in chapter 10 so a multiplier 1.02^(current chapter -10), so chapter 11 an extra 2%, chapter 15 1.02^(15-10)= 1.02^5=1.104 (10.4% increase), chapter 19 1.02^9=1.195 (19.5% increase). Looking at the numbers, I don't think 2% per chapter is enough, so 3% per chapter would give an extra 30.5%. This is actually still low and way below scale compared to how mana costs increase. 4% would increase by 42.3% for chapter 19, and 5% would be 55.1% increase and 6% would give 69% increase. Too many of the AWs are not scaling with increased chapters and this is actually a super good idea to make AWs scale to chapter so they aren't a decline benefit through the chapters.

yes , some wonders above 30+ has only 1 of the 2 perks of the wonder upgraded witch is kinda sad. maybe they should have a 3rd perk for certain wonders above 30. (like with timewarp that it takes down the time in spire)

Last edited:

edeba

yes , some wonders above 30+ has only 1 of the 2 perks of the wonder upgraded witch is kinda sad. maybe they should have a 3rd perk for certain perks above 30. (like with timewarp that it takes down the time in spire)
And for some, like the BTG, why not make it so it goes negative in the wholesaler, of course not for the map, but one trade of each good per day you get more than it what it costs you and why can't the benefit from using supplies and coin go up by 10% each level? Why does it stop at 500%? The only thing that needs to be blocked there trades with others as if there was a bonus from trading with others it could be grossly abused.

Heymrdiedier

I think, long ago when they made the decisions about wonders, they decided the max lvl was going to be lvl 30 so that is the max bonus wonders should get or they would become too powerfull to unbalance the game.

However at some point they decided to lift the max lvl anyway so we had something to do.
So then they decided only bonusses that couldn't destabilize the game would get further improvement.
I dont think this will change if they ever go to lvl 40.