• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Rune Shards and Broken Shards

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

2 quick questions for those more experienced with Ancient Wonders:

#1: I have unlocked elven wonders so atm I'm getting rune shards for both of them.
If i get all 9 Rune Shards for the first Wonder then:
a) if i build the first Wonder, will i only get the Rune Shards for the second one then?
b) if i will have full ring but won't build first wonder, will i get rune shards for both wonders or just the second one?

#2 after collecting 10 Broken Shards do we have to use them to insert a Rune Shard to one of the wonders, or we can keep getting more of them? e.g. can we get 20 shards and then use them as two rune shards or we have to use them every time we get 10?

Thanks in advance for clarifying that :)

DeletedUser629

After unlocking the ancient wonder research, you will get shards for both wonders, even after building one of them, or not building one after you've filled the ring.

Broken shards have a maximum of 10, but they can be used in any wonder you like.

DeletedUser283

which means that whenever we reach 10 broken shards, we must turn them into a "wildcard" rune shard, or we will loose newer broken shards ,is it ?
now can these "wildcard" shards be accumulated ?

DeletedUser629

When a player has collected 10 broken shards, they can be traded for 1 of 9 rune shards. This will always be a good shard, it can never break again. You can use those 10 broken shards in any wonder you like, as long as you have researched them.

DeletedUser613

My question is related to this but not the same , I unlocked the tech yesterday and have completed a couple of other quests since, but I am notting getting any shards, is it only specific quests that you get shards from

We are still working on quests that will give Rune Shard rewards. For the time being your main income of Rune Shards would be either helping other players construct their Ancient Wonder and getting some as a reward for that, or by completing Provinces on the World Map. :)

DeletedUser613

A further question, a member of my fellowship has a wonder in construction and I want to donate knowledge points to it to get shards for my own wonder, however, when I try I can not donate them, I thought maybe this was because you could only donate once per day, however, I tried again after the end of the 23 hour period and it still will not let me donate anything to it, can you tell me why or where I am going wrong

DeletedUser118

You can only donate when its done with construction. But then as often as you like.