• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Royal Restoration Spell

Buttrflwr

SIGH...
My FS in Beta is little, old, but little. I pushed for us to get that 4th chest for ONE RR spell. Seriously?
My FS in Khelonaar, not so little, we always get 10 chests, and MANY of us are through with Amuni, but what in the WORLD are my F2P players going to do with all those BP? We were promised one thing, given something else, and when we didn't accept that...Oh here, let me do this. Someone said "bait and switch". Yep, that is what it feels like.
Thank you Inno for listening and doing something, but please, for once, could you stop the pendulum mid swing? Give us the ability to convert those BP to RR, at a decent rate, or disenchant to craft RR, or SOMETHING, and for those in the little FS that don't do 10 chests, for the love of all that's holy, (or unholy if you prefer) don't be so stingy with the RR spells. It is very discouraging, and frustrating, to watch you swing your pendulum from far right to far left, chopping us all up in the process.

Sigh...

SoggyShorts

I am confused by all the unhappiness among the players.
Here, I found a quote to clear up your confusion:
they need to add .. ability to convert blue prints to RR

As for future conversion at 1:6 BP:RR, I agree that it could be enough.

However, there really should be a 1 time offer to convert existing BP at a better rate.
Before the RR concept was even invented we were told that the BP would upgrade event buildings, not 1/4 of an event building.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2262

People play these games for YEARS without spending a dime so who cares if they get to upgrade a bunch of building and get more perks for free? They do nothing to the revenue streams, the diamond players are all about the revenue streams.
Just because some players want to upgrade their event buildings rather than any blue buildings doesn't necessarily mean they don't spend any money on the game ?
Some have paid through their noses for those ridiculously expensive premium expansions, some have bought all sorts of culture buildings and yet others have bought diamonds to get special event buildings.

EDIT: Besides, making a one-time purchase of some blue buildings cannot hardly count as recurring revenue ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Richord

6:1? ONLY if BP stays 1 for magic building (i don't care personally, because i just have 1 free house), but it wouldn't be fair to downgrade the BP.

CrazyWizard

Here, I found a quote to clear up your confusion:

As for future conversion at 6:1 BP:RR, I agree that it would be enough.

However, there really should be a 1 time offer to convert existing BP at a better rate.
Before the RR concept was even invented we were told that the BP would upgrade event buildings, not 1/4 of an event building.

I think you ment 1:6 instead of 6 blueprints for 1 RR

DeletedUser2704

The ideal solution would be to upgrade buildings by 1 BP or RR by size.
No, the ideal solution it was to keep their promise.
". It is called Royal Restoration, and it will allow you to upgrade your event buildings, as well as the Magic Residences and Magic Workshops. This spell will replace the current Blueprints that you can get from the Tournaments. Of course, you will be able to get the spell from the Tournaments as well. Any Blueprints you have will be changed into the new spell"

Richord

ANOTHER OPTION:
Give 1 RR spell per waypoint in FA?
Give the 'missing'5-6-10' RR spells in any future event so we get on average 10-11-15 per week.

edeba

I don't get your point. My point is what is important to the people you just described should be looked at independent of F2P players because they create the revenue stream. The only people they made happy with this is players with magic buildings that probably spend little on events because if they spent on events they wouldn't be happy with this at all.

Just because some players want to upgrade their event buildings rather than any blue buildings doesn't necessarily mean they don't spend any money on the game ?
Some have paid through their noses for those ridiculously expensive premium expansions, some have bought all sorts of culture buildings and yet others have bought diamonds to get special event buildings.

EDIT: Besides, making a one-time purchase of some blue buildings cannot hardly count as recurring revenue ?

DeletedUser2705

I conducted survey in our union, Hermessia-Arendill-Ru the server. Your second option suited nobody.
Also at our forum made vote yesterday: We like 5 spells and 1 BP?
Received for today 14 answers "No"

Опрос.png

Proceeding from it, we decided to write the collective letter protest of your second version.

When you entered BP in tournaments, there were many questions as they could be used only for improvement of magic buildings which not are available for all and if is, then not in that quantity to use all BP. Soon you told that improvement function an event for BP will be entered. We very much liked this idea, but it was unclear how soon. There passed year... another - BP are even displayed anywhere if you have no magic building.

Then you cut characteristics of buildings of an event under the pretext of the fact that we will be able to improve them soon and their characteristics will read off scale. Many players went to minus on culture and the population, could not participate in an event at that time. Well...

At last you decided and offered spells instead of BP! And what we see? In the first version you offered 11 spells for a tournament, 5 spells and the BP now. It categorically does not suit us! It is deception! BP simply could not be put, and spells, in comparison with your first option became twice less.
We would take 10 chests anyway as not only in the drawing business, but those players who had magic buildings could apply BP, the others are not present - it turns out for the 10th chest they won only a half of a prize.
Now you do not offer converting of already available BP at all that looks extremely not in your advantage, once again.

We suggest to convert all available BP as you also wanted that 1 to 10. In tournaments to return to your first option = 11 for a tournament. Plus to enter craft - spells into BP (it is admissible 6-7 k1). Not on the contrary! As without or with the small number of magic buildings it is much more players.

If you are interested only those players who invest money in a game, will tell that there are still expansions which some players preferred to magic buildings.

Union of Hermessia and forum RU

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

We suggest to convert all available BP as you also wanted that 1 to 10. In tournaments to return to your first option = 11 for a tournament. Plus to enter craft - spells into BP (it is admissible 6-7 k1). Not on the contrary! As without or with the small number of magic buildings it is much more players.
I'm strongly against this part.
First my academy in my main city is already used at 100% (and I need it to use it at least for 120%). This options would mean creating even more catalyst instead of magical manufacturing.
Secondly with BP only available through crafting, that would mean that with the usual probability of usefull things to occur in crafting, 90% of the players having magical buildings would be faced with a decision between upgrading their magical buildings by diamonds or destroy many of them due to be unable to upgrade them due to lack of BPs. This options would be even much worse than the first RR implementation.

DeletedUser1657

Why not just link the magic building upgrade to 10 RR?
Everyone will be happy...

If you are referring to the original idea, then no, they won't all be happy. I know of a number of players who would be upset because this would only solve one of at least 3 issues created with the last iteration. The current solution, to my knowledge/understanding, solves all issues created with the last iteration, it just doesn't solve the original issue of BP for non magic building use. I as yet am to read any feedback with the current version that doesn't stem from the original issue.

If they chose to do this they could do it at any rate they felt like. As it is 1 rr per square who is to say it isn't a 4 square event building or a 20 square one. Just hope they don't take an average of every event building cause you may just get very little RR. My ideal is no conversion at all.

The ideal solution would be to upgrade buildings by 1 BP or RR by size.

In one week, we can upgrade 1 any building, and a building of up to 5 pieces.

This to me is my preferred option. It lets the BP be used for 1 building whether event or magic while providing a small amount of RR that can be used per square so smaller fellowships still get the benefit of upgrades and a taste of a more powerful option. It also still requires each player to decide how exactly to use those BP and how valuable they deem a smaller building to use a BP on when they could potentially use RR, like a mana hut for example. Could save those RR to upgrade it but might feel your desperate for mana (or its several chapters old) and want to upgrade it fast.

No, the ideal solution it was to keep their promise.

The older promise was to make the BP useful for non-magic buildings, something they are yet to fulfil.

DeletedUser2646

If you are referring to the original idea, then no, they won't all be happy. I know of a number of players who would be upset because this would only solve one of at least 3 issues created with the last iteration. The current solution, to my knowledge/understanding, solves all issues created with the last iteration, it just doesn't solve the original issue of BP for non magic building use. I as yet am to read any feedback with the current version that doesn't stem from the original issue.
But for magic buildings there is an alternative: 1BP = 320 diamonds. It's not a high price. I can upgrade my magic buildings for diamonds.
Events buildings i can't upgrade for the diamonds. There would be such opportunity(At the same prices) - I would use it. The buildings from the events are beautiful.

English is not my native language, so please be kind to my mistakes.

Buttrflwr

But for magic buildings there is an alternative: 1BP = 320 diamonds. It's not a high price. I can upgrade my magic buildings for diamonds.
Events buildings i can't upgrade for the diamonds. There would be such opportunity(At the same prices) - I would use it. The buildings from the events are beautiful.

English is not my native language, so please be kind to my mistakes.

Yes, it would help you, and possibly me, but what about the free to play people? As it has been stated, they are just as important to this game as the paying player. We were promised that the BP would be useful for those F2P players as well. Where is the fulfillment of that promise? (If I am reading your response/proposed solution correctly) ;)

DeletedUser1906

I do not consider myself a free to play player. Yet I have only the 1 magical building that was given to us via Inno, as a sort of sorry for changing the population and culture of many event buildings, with the promise of an ability to upgrade these nerfed buildings in the future. I have spent real money on premium expansions, upgrades to my Magic Academy and upgrades to my Builders Hut. Some of these I have done in more than 1 city.

However whether or not a person has spent real money on this game is not really the point. It is that we were promised a way for BPs to have value to all players, not just players with magical residences or workshops. This would include me.

In one of my cities, I am finished with Amuni and in a Fellowship that does 10 chest tournaments every week. I have upgraded the free magical residence given to me by Inno to max. And have at least 20 BPs as a result (No real way to see the exact number). So for the next 20 chapters I do not need to earn anymore BPs to be able to upgrade my magical residence to max. This is true of all but a few of my Fellowship members. So there is very little reason for us to continue to do tournaments with the goal of gaining another BP.

The current update means it is only necessary for anyone to do 1 tournament per chapter to 10 chests. In addition, the other rewards of the tournament have very little impact on my city as I am finished with this games last chapter. This means my activity level will plummet, as I only need to log on to gain mana, seeds, goods and resources that I don't need at the moment and are stockpiling. This also means that Inno could lose many long time players waiting on new chapters.

edeba

I made the comment because I think giving too much of a perk for the F2P crowd might be a reason for their choice. I don't care how much freebie they give... I knew I could never upgrade everything I wanted to upgrade with the tournaments alone, but based on what we were led to believe, so many of us have saved event buildings, and I thought I was going to be able to one chapter per event building per blueprint. Like you, I thought I'd be able to use my backlog of blueprints for event buildings, not be starting from zero.

F2P brings in money too @edeba.
Without a larger base to play with/against the spenders wouldn't spend as much.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2704

The older promise was to make the BP useful for non-magic buildings, something they are yet to fulfil.
The older promise was 1 blueprint = 1 RR ( not 10 , not 5 or other value ) and 1 RR update any event building or any magical building, doesn't mater the area.
If they do that all players are happy..