• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Royal Restoration Spell

DeletedUser2378

I'll edit out the "moron" but until I see irrefutable proof showing a lack of baby-on-head-dropping, I'm leaving the rest.

It's not funny and it only proves that you're upset and need to lash out at the other player. We get that. I don't understand why you (and not just you, Soggy...there are several others on here doing it too...sorry to just pick on your comments) have to use hurtful verbiage to prove that you're upset. Stating how you feel is your right, absolutely. Putting others down for stating theirs isn't. Of course we should all be allowed to say how we feel on here, in a constructive manner.

This is a thread about Blueprints and Royal Restoration Spells.
Some or many fellowships have worked hard at being a 10 chest a week FS. Some or many fellowships are not set up that way. Neither one is better than the other. I don't need to show percentages of how many play 10 chests and how many don't or the turn-over rate for those who play 10 chests and those who don't. That's all neither here nor there. Saying that those who don't do 10 chests a week are inactive is false and misleading. I have 3 year members and we're barley doing our first 10 chest this week, just for something fun to do together. We aren't lazy or inactive. Some or many players don't participate in events because they don't want event buildings. Some or many players enjoy events and the benefit of sets and other event buildings. Neither is better than the other. Some or many spend each and every day in the game and spend money on the game frequently. Everyone who plays Elvenar, plays their own way and all of those ways are correct for each person.

We all play different. Some players would enjoy receiving RR spells in the lower tourney chests.
The amount should be different per chest, I agree. The Blueprints should remain. The conversion should change, but probably won't. There should be a compensation for those who have been saving up blueprints for a long time.

There's no need to put down anyone who doesn't agree and we shouldn't be encouraging each other to put others with various opinions down or have a multiple people ganging up on them. We're all in this gaming community together. If we keep getting more and more aggressive on the Forums, then this is going to become a bitter game...and that's sounds pretty awful to me.

DeletedUser2632

It is my understanding that RR can not be changed into BP. It will work the other way around. Unless I misunderstood the manager who told me, one will still need the BP or diamonds to upgrade magic buildings. In my cities, I have a total of 81 magical buildings. Do the math. Originally, the RR was going to replace the BP, giving people more incentive, hopefully. Now it has messed up any possibility of that. I'm so sick of Inno's desire for $$$$$ that I'm thinking seriously about deleting my live world accounts.

not sure if I understand you correctly, but if you were intending to upgrade your magic buildings by winning 10 chests, the current iteration is better for you. in the previous iteration, you would have needed as many RRs as no. of squares your building takes, which, at Chapter 13, means you need 2 weeks worth of 10 chests to upgrade 1 magic workshop, or 1.5 week's worth for a magic residence. In this iteration, you get to upgrade 1 building every 10 chests, plus you get 5 RRs for your event buildings.

That notwithstanding, the current iteration is still greatly flawed due to a) BPs not having an added functionality (this was supposed to be implemented) and b) BPs not being able (read: optionally) converted to RRs for those who don't want/have magic buildings to be upgraded.

Elrondriel

... I really can't stop LMAO ... Just for the record: neither do I own any BP nor do I plan to gain any RR or BP in tournaments ever, so I'm personally totally unaffacted by all of this issue.

At the time of Inno's first RR attempt I thought: "WOW, they managed it again to slap all long-time pre-planning players in the face". Now, after weeks of "deep thinking" Inno comes up with another attempt in their usual "trial and error" technique and already implements it - without even thinking about some communication beforehand. AND, indeed, manages it to slap the players even harder ! Impressive, most impressive !

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

@CiraKelley you are misunderstanding me.
I did not put anyone down for stating an opinion, only for oppressing others.
They can hate the change, love the change or anything in between, but If someone has the "opinion" that everyone should STFU and stop complaining, they can bite me.
Even if there was no change at all to the RR, or if I was given everything that I want AND a bag of cookies, I would still attack anyone at anytime if they said something as nonsensical as that players shouldn't post feedback in a feedback thread.
You have said that everyone should be allowed to post their opinion. If you believe that, then you are defending the wrong person.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2378

@SoggyShorts I'm not defending any one person. We've been through this before, in many other threads. Of course I agree that you should be able to state your opinion.
These threads get more and more aggressive lately. It's like two different game style players against each other...and I don't see the point. The Dev's obviously don't care about most of the opinions or bashings. The Mod's are annoyed. It's causing negative influence on the whole gaming community.
It's distracting from the original topic....which, at this point, should just be closed because we aren't getting anywhere. People are laughing at others, people are name calling, people are hurt, and the folks in charge of the game aren't around to say anything. We're going in circles.

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts
These threads get more and more aggressive lately. It's like two different game style players against each other...and I don't see the point.
Hmm I've seen almost the exact opposite. For the first RR release there was a virtual consensus among players from every playstyle and spending level. It clearly hurt the whales the most, and yet F2P members voiced their support of the spenders and cried foul just as loudly.
This time almost everyone has gathered again and shown support for the 99% who will be left out in this newest iteration.

In fact, in 3 years I've very rarely seen such near-unanimous agreement from such a diverse playerbase. I guess nothing brings folks together like a common enemy...

Where you see division, I see unity, and hope.

DeletedUser2378

I wouldn't say the current name calling, condescension, repeated aggression, more reported comments to the Mods, more hurt and angry players and bullying very hopeful.

I do agree that there have been some really great suggestions on here, with the previously introduced RR spell. Since the new RR spell was announced, it's becoming a battle field. Everyone wants to be heard but some are going about it the wrong way.

edeba

I think it has been 2 years since they introduced blueprints, but completely agree here, this has been a carrot on stick, and no one told us how rotten it was going to get after two years.

The original tournament without the blueprint isn't even three years yet, https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/let-the-tournaments-begin.4760/

First of all don't punish us for the long development of this feature, its not our fault we were chasing a carrot on a stick for 3 years. Also keep in mind in those 3 yeas, 4 (soon 5) chapters will have passed allready. so the many BP might turn into many RR but those who started saving early, might also have saved some special event buildings they wanted to use the RR on, so to get 1 building up to date they would need average 100 RR anyway, (thats 20 weeks of work in current plans, while they assumed it would have taken 5 BP -which is 5 weeks).

It really is impressive, just unfortunately in such a wrong way...

At the time of Inno's first RR attempt I thought: "WOW, they managed it again to slap all long-time pre-planning players in the face". Now, after weeks of "deep thinking" Inno comes up with another attempt in their usual "trial and error" technique and already implements it - without even thinking about some communication beforehand. AND, indeed, manages it to slap the players even harder ! Impressive, most impressive !

Jackluyt

However it doesnt fulfill their 3 year old promise to give blueprints a use for non diamond spenders.
Im sure now they will say, but we will still do something with those bluepritns for non diamond players, but i honestly don't want to wait another 3 year to find out.

I quite agree!
I hope they reconsider this - I have just one Magic Building and lots and lots of Blueprints; I was hoping to upgrade my old event buildings - which was what was originally advertised - Blueprints to be used for special building upgrades.

I will be very disappointed if we don't get this feature. What will I do with all my Blueprints?

Deleted User - 86059

I appreciate this is an emotive subject and also appreciate everyone is entitled to air their opinions.
But being rude and aggressive will NOT be tolerated, whoever is being rude will be warned and if you do not refrain from this behaviour than you will find yourself banned from the forum and unable to participate in any discussion and that will infuriate you more. I will not give another warning any further comments that contain rude or abusive language will be deleted from the thread.

Now deep breath and try again people in a more conducive manner please

palmira

I am quite happy with the decision of maintaining the blueprints to upgrade magical buildings. The previous solution penalized heavily the players that invested a lot on magical buildings. I think everybody would be happy if there was a way to change at least some BPs into RR spells

DeletedUser2326

not sure if I understand you correctly, but if you were intending to upgrade your magic buildings by winning 10 chests, the current iteration is better for you. in the previous iteration, you would have needed as many RRs as no. of squares your building takes, which, at Chapter 13, means you need 2 weeks worth of 10 chests to upgrade 1 magic workshop, or 1.5 week's worth for a magic residence. In this iteration, you get to upgrade 1 building every 10 chests, plus you get 5 RRs for your event buildings.

That notwithstanding, the current iteration is still greatly flawed due to a) BPs not having an added functionality (this was supposed to be implemented) and b) BPs not being able (read: optionally) converted to RRs for those who don't want/have magic buildings to be upgraded.

I think I was correcting what someone else had said about being able to convert RRs to BPs. As it stands, you won't be able to do that. What I wanted to see is what they originally promised, to replace the blueprint with the RR so people who have event building would be more motivated to get the 10th chest. That would only be desirable if the RR upgraded magic building the way blueprints do as of now - one BP to upgrade one level on residences. The only use I have RRs is if they do change into BPs, which isn't going to happen so .... I can either continue to buy diamonds or I can quit the game. Right now, I'm trying to decide. I'm not trying to compare the RR plans with each other. I'm comparing it to the way the original promise read.

Deleted User - 62044

thanks to the programmers for the effort and sure good intentions putting "" this "" in the game.

whoever uses it, good luck, the rest will be ignored as with so many other things in the game.

now I would appreciate to stop bored the forum and take advantage that the programmers are free to begin to solve the eternal errors of the game and leave behind this nonsense.

DeletedUser1657

Lmaooooo, someone clearly doesnt understand the changes.:rolleyes:

• Making BP 100% Useless for F2P was "the best possible option"?
  • Reducing the RR per week by more than 50% was "the best possible option"?
  • Removing the incentive to be a 10 chest team for many players was "the best possible option"?

Give your head a shake.

To be fair your third point is only valid if the first point is valid and only for those with no (or minimal) magic buildings. While the current "change" does this it also doesn't actually change BP at all. We are yet to hear feedback on whether they still intend to add to the functionality of a BP.

Regarding point 2, isn't a reduction to be expected? The RR when they planned it for 11 per tournament was based on a player using it for events and magic buildings, where the magic building depend was ever increasing while keeping the same number. Doesn't it stand to reason that if they have removed one part of the function that the number available would also have to reduce to compensate?

While I would love 10 or 20 or 50 RR per tournament the reality is I currently get none with no ability to upgrade event buildings. 5 at least gives me something and they can balance it from there. We also don't know if there will be opportunity to earn more of these through other game mechanics like quests, FA, challenges or a BP conversion.

For me the quantity of RR is less of an issue as most people will always want more, some to the point of been able to keep everything. The challenge in the game is to make choices around limited space/resources and the RR is the same. We will have to be selective over what is kept and what is not. Those who excel at efficiency and design will have a new aspect to the challenge to factor in ;)

There is one, maybe too optimistic :) , question: Will there be the possibility to upgrade magical buildings with RR?

Personally I can cope with RR not becoming BP. That was never promised (to my knowledge), although it was implied in the previous version that only ever came to beta. A BP is meant to be rare and powerful so limiting it to chest 10 and limiting the ability to upgrade magic buildings to BP or diamonds I think meets this. Where it fails is if you don't have a magic building then it is useless, the promise was to make them useful outside of magic buildings.

There should be a compensation for those who have been saving up blueprints for a long time.

This is precisely why SoggyShorts and many others are upset, they have blueprints they have saved up and now with this change they are useless. Useless in terms that they were promised a use that a non diamond (non magic building player) could use.

DeletedUser607

let's ask a very simple question.

the promise was, that the blueprints will be useable for players, who do not have any magical buildings, by allowing to use them to upgrade eventbuildings.

so... promise kept or broken?

the first iteration was this conversion of BPs to RRs by 1:10, while magical buildings needed to be upgraded by the amount of RRs that comprised their number of tiles. okay, bad deal.

the second iteration is now, that there are RRs to win besides the BP in chest 10, same rule for upgrading event buildings, but BPs can't be used for upgrading eventbuildings. so, deal even worse, and promise broken.

so, I totally get it, that you want to keep the already programmed feature to upgrade eventbuildings, it was apparently a nightmere to implement for the app, but it's pointless to keep breaking promises (besides, many here are still mad, that the event buildings needed to be nerfed ASAP, while the implementation of the RR took several months).

I can understand, that there are some event-buildings (especially main-prices), that you don't want to be easily upgradable for balancing reasons, the tile-concept for that is good... but keep in mind, allowing the conversion of BPs to RRs with a factor of 1:10 won't hurt, and it allows you to keep your promise.

after the event-building-nerf, you should consider that.

it's an easy step, either create a specific spell-recipe for the academy, or convert them directly (convert BPs to RRs as required), if the player wants to upgrade something without having enough RRs.

DeletedUser2262

The previous implementation was more or less ok. The only thing lacking was a fixed 10 RR cost to upgrade magical buildings. Then, no one would have been screwed and no one would have complained.

DeletedUser1657

The previous implementation was more or less ok. The only thing lacking was a fixed 10 RR cost to upgrade magical buildings. Then, no one would have been screwed and no one would have complained.

No it wasn't the only thing lacking. One can argue the only thing lacking with this version is a conversion of BP to RR. Both versions have had issues, this version however feels closer to a complete solution.

The update message talks about "some adjustments may still be made", it would be nice to know if that includes a solution to the new issue. As they also state they wanted player feedback one would expect we will see something...eventually.

DeletedUser2632

I think I was correcting what someone else had said about being able to convert RRs to BPs. As it stands, you won't be able to do that. What I wanted to see is what they originally promised, to replace the blueprint with the RR so people who have event building would be more motivated to get the 10th chest. That would only be desirable if the RR upgraded magic building the way blueprints do as of now - one BP to upgrade one level on residences. The only use I have RRs is if they do change into BPs, which isn't going to happen so .... I can either continue to buy diamonds or I can quit the game. Right now, I'm trying to decide. I'm not trying to compare the RR plans with each other. I'm comparing it to the way the original promise read.
But why would you feel shortchanged then?

Before: 10 chests = 1 BP = 1 magic building ugrade

Now: 10 chests = 1 BP + 5 RR = 1 magic building upgrade + 5 squares of event buildings upgrade

Are you sure you understand the changes?

Edit: or are you trying to get your magic buildings upgraded without getting 10 chests? In which case I see what you're getting at with conveeting RR to BPs