• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Robert Readbeard QLE

DeletedUser1397

Are you people at Innogames aware that it has been EIGHT MONTHS since you've released any meaningful content for this game? By the time Elementals are released, it will have been NINE MONTHS.

I really hope all the casuals you're targeting with these events are making you money. I used to spend ~100$ a month on this game and I haven't spent a dime in 4 months and I will no longer spend any money on this game. I am clearly no longer the target market.

STOP WASTING RESOURCES PROGRAMMING THESE EVENTS. WE WANT REAL CONTENT, WE WANT GUEST RACES, WE WANT MOBILE FEATURES. NO MORE EVENTS.

Hello,

At first I thought "you dream awake". Well no. Then I thought, this is a farce we are on April 1st, well no.
I'm not here at the end of the last race invited but sincerely I understand the wrath of those who have been waiting for a long time! For me, it's way too many events in a row for "ridiculous" rewards and huge buildings.

I'll start tjis event but i'm no sure i'll finish it

best regards

:)

DeletedUser1665

Well I joined Beta when I was in Sorcerers and Dragons on live to get a head's up on the Halflings. When I finished Halflings on Live I was at the beginning of Chapter 4 here in Beta and now I am almost half way through Chapter 9 (Woodelves) and this has been nothing but an event game (AKA Real waste of time and getting even more boring) because the events are one of two different styles just repeating themselves for over the past 6 months.

So for me there has been absolutely nothing new about the game. Set Building are a joke that pulled the wool over many payers lives since they have existed since the Dwarves introduced them with their settlement feature. At least with them a player had the pleasure of changing the look of their entire city with different residences, workshops and manufactorys. Life was good back then and the set building feature has been used (1 main building attached to a road) for every guest race since.

I'll have to admit I was excited when I saw the little horn (news icon) logging into Beta this morning, only to be disappointed yet again by the games developers lack of understanding what this game was advertised as in the beginning:

"In this enchanting city-builder you can play as an Elf, be close to nature and give to your city a more magical plant-like look. Or you can choose the engineering Humans option and be the founder of an industrialized powerhouse with medieval style.

Build up the most beautiful city and establish the most efficient economic system that you can! In Elvenar you can upgrade almost every building, improving the production and the look of your city."

DeletedUser1627

Tired so I just quote...
5) Hunting big game... Really????? Save the animals in Elvenar!

WE WANT THE NEW GUEST RACE !!!!!!

NOT A STUPID QUEST WHITH A RIDICULOUS GAIN

STOP WASTING RESOURCES PROGRAMMING THESE EVENTS. WE WANT REAL CONTENT, WE WANT GUEST RACES, WE WANT MOBILE FEATURES. NO MORE EVENTS.

Real waste of time and getting even more boring

Just on thing about the event: good look and style for the new bard (i prefer him to tandulien)

DeletedUser1075

The first quest is "spend 1kp" so I guess I have no choice but to start the event. I'm definitely not interested in finishing it though. The buildings aren't worth it, the event is boring, and I am disappointed that they didn't launch the new guest race.

Marindor

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for your feedback. Please let me make one thing clear: As I've explained numerous times by now, we have reasons to wait with the release of the Elementals and those reasons don't change according to whether or not there are events. It won't be long anymore, but the one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. So the "we want a new Guest Race" feedback doesn't have anything to do with this QLE. Therefore I'd like to ask you to stick to the topic of this thread here, which is the Robert Redbeard questline event. You can either be happy that we offer you something in addition to the regular game while waiting for the Elementals, or you can just ignore the QLE and stick to your normal game progress if you're not end-tech yet but please do stay on-topic here and let the contents of your posts be actually about this QLE. Thank you :)

Deleted User - 60107

The new QLE is BORING! Four quests in a row ask for Workshop productions:
- produce Bread
- produce Simple Tools
- produce Beverages
- produce MORE Bread

Really? That's the best you guys could come up with?

lika1961

If you insist on boring us to death with the same mindless quests event after event, at least make the building produce enough to make me want to place it. I have a traveling merchant that produces that, so what inspires me to want the new one?

We keep giving the same feedback in terms of the quests for events being idiotic. It seems to fall on deaf ears though, so for me, this is probably the last time I will bother. If your approach is to do what you know will irritate your customers, I wish you luck with that. It doesn't work in real life, but hey, things are different in Elvenar, right?

Loki Blue

@Marindor I never mean to seem snotty when I give feedback, so if I seem that way it's because the subject matter strikes a nerve in me. And I love the Events, I would never want them to end.

But to my point.

I would have liked to do this QLE, but the whole concept of this one is more than I can stomach, unfortunately. I was going to elaborate further on my remark about offering different rewards for Elves and Humans, but @My Shadow pretty much hit the nail on the head.

"In this enchanting city-builder you can play as an Elf, be close to nature and give to your city a more magical plant-like look. Or you can choose the engineering Humans option and be the founder of an industrialized powerhouse with medieval style."

Elves aren't just close to nature, they are part of Nature itself. Helping an 1)Orc who is 2) a big game hunter is so far outside of what Elves are it's just...I have no words for it in English. And that's really saying something because English is my first language.

There's more, but I have to run again, and I think I said as much as I care to about it. Good luck to everyone who's doing the quest.

DeletedUser2115

INNOGAMES as much as I enjoy doing the quests (even though the prizes usually suck), you need to step back and listen to your gamers!!! I am a daily player unless I am out-of-town or dealing with situations that require limited play (REAL LIFE issues like hospitalizations, illnesses, etcetera).

1. Event/Tourney/Adventure/Normal Play (when we get to) is a bit over-the-top when they do not give your players an opportunity to "regroup and regain goods and supplies" for them to be able to participate in any of the "extras".

2. In lieu of overtaxing your games, why not work on the things that generate more play and what about those bigger players that are waiting on a new chapter?? For instance, the mobile apps are not finished and when those RL issues come up we cannot play the "special events". How many of your members are STUCK because they cannot advance in the game? We lost a member to our FS today due to this very thing. He cannot advance any further or do much else because he has no more room. To his goodbye post others have responded as well. He is not the only one at the end of the Research Tree waiting on a new Chapter and out of the ability to add extra provinces. Others are posting the same thing, this could well be an avalanche in our FS. Wake up ELVENAR!!! If there is enough of a delay, you will lose (not only your "PAYING customers" but your customers who cannot afford to pay anymore to buy whatever they need due to cost). How many customers are you willing to lose as you do on a regular basis! The customer was with Elvenar for 3 years and put up with your lack of care for what the gamers needed.

3. Make the prizes for any of your "specials" worthwhile. Prizes should be better than what you work for on a normal basis (For example: Culture should be better than ANYTHING you can buy) otherwise, why should the gamers waste their time doing the "specials".

I am a gamer and have been a gamer since 1994, long before your organization came into existence. I have been playing various INNOGAMES games for quite a few years now (since the beginning). In ALL your games you make the same mistakes. You do NOT listen to your gamers. I left INNOGAMES for a couple years and was only lured back because of the type of game Elvenar is. The only thing you have improved on is correcting your bugs a tad faster. Yes, you have a successful business, but all you are doing is picking up new gamers to replace the dissatisfied ones. Eventually you will lose your players to not being more responsive to the members. Yes, you MIGHT lure them back for the "next game" but the end result will be the same. No, I'm not ready to give up on Elvenar and if the FS's I am in keep losing gamers due to your uncaring attitude, I will be amongst them and this time, I WON'T come back to another of your games. Enough is enough. Start listening to your customers or you won't have any!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

PrimroseSylvia

I wonder... if I'm interested in only one redbeard's building, can I join it to winter set and still get the set bonus?

Last edited:

DeletedUser1665

OK Honest Feedback Here. It just isn't interesting and the end reward for part 1 to me is not worth the effort. I'm in woodelves and the 3x2 reward building only gives 110 culture per square which is below a Fancy Fossil Rock which I could have built in the beginning of Orc's and Goblin's and doesn't even come close to a Weeping Willow (more then 25% higher culture per square). The other "Benefit" of the first reward building for me is 32 Crystal (a non-boosted good) per Hour which is worthless compared to trades available and the occasional trip to the wholesaler.

The only time I will even collect quest rewards is if the green check shows up beside the icon from normal play, otherwise I will not be participating in this event.

DeletedUser1397

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for your feedback. Please let me make one thing clear: As I've explained numerous times by now, we have reasons to wait with the release of the Elementals and those reasons don't change according to whether or not there are events. It won't be long anymore, but the one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. So the "we want a new Guest Race" feedback doesn't have anything to do with this QLE. Therefore I'd like to ask you to stick to the topic of this thread here, which is the Robert Redbeard questline event. You can either be happy that we offer you something in addition to the regular game while waiting for the Elementals, or you can just ignore the QLE and stick to your normal game progress if you're not end-tech yet but please do stay on-topic here and let the contents of your posts be actually about this QLE. Thank you :)

Sure. From someone in the industry, here's my feedback:

1) Your rewards are pathetic for the amount of effort invested in these events. We spend extra time building and setting ourselves up to even be capable of completing these events and our reward is a garbage building that will be demolished shortly. The fact that there is no blueprint system to upgrade these buildings from one chapter to the next is laughable. As others have said, these should be the BEST buildings in the game. Even if they were good rewards ...

2) The quest system is obtuse for the year 2018. Why do I need to go to third party sites to see the entire quest line? Why do I need to do things I normally wouldn't do to complete a quest that rewards me with things I don't even want? Why do I need to make my city WORSE to complete these quest? Instead of rewarding me for being rank 1 and having a properly built and designed city, you punish me and force me to reserve a section of my city for level 1 junk buildings. This is stupid and rewards cheesy designs based around completing events and adventures. Even if the system was streamlined and functional ...

3) Fatigue. You spam these events at us one on top of the other. There is no time to build-up any sort of excitement for them. We're just fed-up of constantly having these events and quests littering our city. Even if you spaced them out more evenly ...

4) Integration. Your events should be used to build hype for your upcoming content updates. You should be hinting to upcoming guest races with your events, and get your players salivating at the future. Your cycle should go something like this : Guest Race -> Event -> Guest Race. Consider either one quest line or one event between each Guest Race MAXIMUM. Even if you manage to hit the nail on the head for all four mentioned issues ...

5) Purpose. If your current design flaw is that not enough players have reached end-game and you need more players at Halflings to release Elementals, your events should be a catch-up mechanism. Between each guest race, events should provide a way for players to reach the current end-game slightly faster. You can do this by providing guest race goods based on your current chapter, or bonus KPs.

The whole event system is a heaping pile of garbage. You need to go back to the drawing board and redesign from the ground up. Keep in mind, this should take next to no development; your problem is a DESIGN issue, not PROGRAMMING.

The programming issue is likely surrounding your new Guest Race. You came up with a concept without proving it, and pushed development on something nobody asked for. In this day and age, you need to FIGHT to keep eyeballs glued to your game. The best way to do this was to drop Guest Races every 3-4 months. Trust me when I say, the majority of the hype in this game is NOT events/quest lines; it's your Guest Races. Focus on getting Guest Races out every 4-6 months ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM before attempting any new features or functionalities. Do you think you will have benefited more from adding this functionality or dropping the Guest Race 4 months ago?

You may be making good money in the short term by getting newer players to spend on events, but as for the long-term health of your game you are catering to people that likely have a shorter attention span and are less likely to be here a year from now. It's a mistake many devs make. Your population will decline and if you are constantly chasing new players and ignoring the old players, you will accelerate the spiral of death your game is currently in.

SoggyShorts

Please let me make one thing clear: As I've explained numerous times by now, we have reasons to wait with the release of the Elementals and those reasons don't change according to whether or not there are events.
But they do. You've said you need x% of players to finish halflings before you can launch Elementals, and the events are designed in such a way that they slow players down:
5) Purpose. If your current design flaw is that not enough players have reached end-game and you need more players at Halflings to release Elementals, your events should be a catch-up mechanism. Between each guest race, events should provide a way for players to reach the current end-game slightly faster. You can do this by providing guest race goods based on your current chapter, or bonus KPs.
I was 3/4 finished with chapter 10 during the winter event, and just finished the chapter before the event.
I was on my way to becoming one of the 3% of players at the end of halflings so that they can release Elementals
Now instead of building halfling farms and fields, the "smart" thing to do is to delete the 3 farms I made overnight to make room for more level 1 workshops.
A further delay of progress of at least a week for this event. Even worse, it's a 2 part event, with probably some time in between, so do I place farms, or put my city on hold until I finish the SECOND part of this event? 3 weeks?

I've said it for over a year now, quests should either encourage progress or reward you for progress you have made.
"Upgrade x buildings of type y to the max(that you have unlocked), or have z buildings of type y maxed."

I kick butt in all events, but between the 4 majors, 2 FAs and all of the mini's I've held back my cities for about 14,5,8 days on each.
I really adds up for a player who also wants to progress along the tech tree. I'm guessing that I've put my city on hold for a total of close to 90 days in the past 12 months for events, and I don't think that the prizes I've won have helped me along even close to that.

If the quests in events actually helped my city instead of putting it on hold, I'd be at the end of halflings today.
So would a lot of other players, and you could have released elementals by now.

Last edited: