• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Robert Readbeard QLE

edeba

I do not spend money on these events, never have. I used to spend money on the last type of event until I went on my boycott because of game changes I found unacceptable and nothing has addressed them at this point.

I think think kind of event is better than nothing while waiting on the next guest race.

It neither increases or decrease how I feel about the game. It does not make up for past negative game changes.

DeletedUser1665

Backing up to feedback on this event and keeping the other past events in mind it is clear that there are only 3 model's of events being offered in game.

Type 1: Menhirok's Duty and A Charming Tree each offered 1 prize available only at completion of event
The Masquerade (2 part) offered 2 prizes available with 1 each only at completion of each part
Halloween Mini Event offered 2 prizes available only at completion of event

Type 2: March of the Herds offered Multiple prize's, 1 available each day with 3 grand prizes to work for
Eldrasil's Ascending offered Multiple prize's 1 available each day with 3 grand prizes to work for
Three Glacier Giants offered Multiple prize's 1 available each day with 3 grand prizes to work for

Type 3: Fellowship Adventures 1 Prize for each level completed and a Grand Prize for the top fellowships

This event (Robert Redbeard) offer's 2 prizes available with 1 each only at completion of each part which makes it a Type 1 event.

To me the type 1 events If the end game prizes were way more valuable I might be interested but I find them a waste of time and resources which are better off used in Tournaments.

DeletedUser1596

So much for our invaluable feedback. Because increasing an event frequency to the point where they overlap is exactly what we asked for so many times, right? Right?

A list of things that are wrong about this event:
  • It's another event
  • Quests
  • Reward
  • An orc gone vegan theme

Jackluyt

Here is a sneak preview of the two-part Robert Redbeard mini-event which started in Beta World on 8th January, running until 15th.
You are welcome to show it to all your friends who do not have a city in Beta World!
:)

It is an eight day Event, and will most likely start on 15th January in the Live Worlds.

Here is a link to our Event Notes, which will soon have all the information you need! (Updated hourly)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...15-january-and-will-probabl/1973850569536988/

If you like this video and would like to see more from us, click on 'Like' and 'Subscribe'!
This helps us to get our product out to a wider audience.

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to-share public Facebook group with 4600 members and growing all the time; you are welcome to share all our Files, Notes and videos with all your friends and fellowship.

We have more than 200 'InfoTips' – which are nuggets of Elvenar information on different subjects, that you may not find elsewhere, graded from 'Beginner' to 'Advanced'.
We also have more than 100 videos.

Our YouTube Channel will eventually having full 'City' and 'Battle' playlists, graded from 'beginner' to 'advanced'. Does your group perhaps have some similar videos you would let us share? Or do you have a talent for making them?
Contact me if you would like to be involved!
No special film-making talent needed; just provide the raw video; I will do the final editing for you!

palmira

I finished halflings a few months back, got an account on beta out of boredom and because I was really annoyed with the mod on the portuguese server that decided to do a long moral lecturing about our complaints when you guys changed the lighthouse (long gone now, the mods I mean, the portuguese forum is completely dead). I was able to makke a good progress on my beta account thanx to the multiple events we had in the last couple of months but this one is really bad as the prizes are not worth half the space they will occupy. I most probably won't do the event, the prizes are not worth the effort of building extra factories much less wasting production time on the big ones.

Deleted User - 60107

"Buy 16 Knowledge Point"

And with this I am done with this event. Good luck to those who decide to continue.

Karvest

Number of active players that have finished halflings on live servers is not increasing, ppl just leaving the game cause they are tired of such events and have nothing to do ingame except doing tournaments for half a year, collecting blueprints they can't use and upgrading AWs...
Our FS on RU lost half of end-game players left elvenar last few months.

Elrondriel

BTW, why is Tandulien featured on the announcement picture when he probably won't appear in the story ? o_O

DeletedUser1397

Number of active players that have finished halflings on live servers is not increasing, ppl just leaving the game cause they are tired of such events and have nothing to do ingame except doing tournaments for half a year, collecting blueprints they can't use and upgrading AWs...
Our FS on RU lost half of end-game players left elvenar last few months.

This is what I don't understand. Do they really think the solution to get more players to Halflings is to throw filler garbage at us for almost an entire year while people catch up?

Instead of using the events as a catch-up mechanism (as other far more successful games have done to great effect) they use it as a gating mechanism to SLOW players down and keep them busy!

Nobody wants to invest time and/or money into a game that hasn't had a meaningful update in 9 months. If I started playing Elvenar today and noticed the most recent real update was nearly a year ago, I would immediately move on (as I've done with other abandoned games).

We were told after the 6 month wait for Fairies that this would not happen again. Innogames should be embarrassed shoveling this low-effort content rather than the high-quality guest races we were used to.

DeletedUser1777

*yawn* another Event...
I could bet, between Part 1 and 2 you push us through another FS Adventure.

I only finished the Winterevent in one of my 5 Accounts (the biggest in live, end of Halflings with a lot of space) , because I didn't wanted to waste more time / space just to get slowed down in progress of gameplay.

It most likely will be the same for this new Event and I'm close to the border of quitting Elvenar in general. There is nothing new and I don't like to have to be daily online, just to collect Mana / Seeds to stockpile it up to maximum, without a use.

As other players already mentioned, the Eventprizes are not worth the effort anymore and maybe you should analyze how many buildings are in our inventory's without being ever used (Edit: and check the useless(!!!) Blueprints too).

Something is going very wrong and it's time to do something against it - who if not the advanced players should help the money spending newbies through your "exiting" events?

SoggyShorts

Instead of using the events as a catch-up mechanism (as other far more successful games have done to great effect) they use it as a gating mechanism to SLOW players down and keep them busy!
It's really quite simple. Many prizes are already scaling by chapter giving supplies, then goods, then mana, and then divine seeds.
Just change the ones in chapters 6,7,8,9,10 to guest race goods.

Or if that is too far, change the actual quest rewards to guest race goods.
One quest I just did gave 900 coins as a reward. Really? My residences give over 7,000 per hour each. A handful of divine seeds would have been way better.

Potvorisko

I like that event kitchen building look but both buildings are too weak or at least too useless :( Actually I dont mind the quests, most of them I would do anyway.

DeletedUser1075

Now that the questline is available in entirety, I'll comment on the event specifically.

1. The grand prizes are lackluster. I have no need of a tiny amount of my non-boosted good, because when we were all moved to new neighborhoods I landed in a good one and have plenty of trades (the moves have been well done by the way). The prize from the second half of the event doesn't reward enough to make up for the cost in space, so I don't want that one either.
2. The questline prizes are worse. I don't mind not getting a ton here (it is just a week-long event), but 100 coins doesn't help anyone. 1000 barely helps new players. So these are really not worth the time. I would have been willing to play a bit for some speedups - 15, 30, 60 min even. But not for 100 or even 1000 coins. Speaking of which, it would be a smart move to give options for the rewards rather than assuming that all players will be satisfied with one thing or the other. I recognize that is harder, but it would be more welcomed than the set buildings.
3. The questline requirements are not conducive to my play style. I'm not sure if they are conducive to anyone's play style, but definitely not to mine. I'm left wondering why I would go out of my way to complete quests that offer me no reward. For the distraction?

The players in early chapters in my FS on a live server are all complaining that the questlines require them to do things that negatively impact their growth. So this quest isn't helping them either (though the rewards are certainly more appropriate to players in those stages).

I'm at a loss.

Also... I really don't like the set buildings. Giving me the ability to get more of a reward I don't need by wasting more space isn't helpful.

SoggyShorts

Now that the questline is available in entirety, I'll comment on the event specifically.
Where?
Gems only shows 23, and is missing the "solve 12 encounters" that should be between scout and upgrade
What's the last quest?

DeletedUser1075

Huh. Could sworn I saw them all on gems.

*Yawn* not sure I care. Sorry I didn't look more closely before posting though.

DeletedUser2002

Just saw the final quest on Gems of Knowledge --- Gain TWENTY relics ---- Ummmm that's THREE provinces!!!! it takes me 40 hours per scout. There's no Tourney on Monday to get the relics AND quest 21 is solve 12 encounters TWO MORE provinces??
Five provinces in a 7 day event when the scouting takes me 40 hours each. This event is MADE to get you to spend diamonds for lame rewards. First event I won't finish since I started playing, probably won't be the last.

SoggyShorts

it takes me 40 hours per scout
Did you not get any instants from the winter event?
Do you not keep some scouted provinces open for events?
. There's no Tourney on Monday to get the relics
But there is a tournament on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday......
This event is MADE to get you to spend diamonds
I spent zero diamonds and finished yesterday just after lunch.
First event I won't finish since I started playing, probably won't be the last.
If your scouts take 40 hours, then you've been playing a while and should know how to keep your city ready for new events.
If not, here are some tips:
Keep some provinces open. If clearing a province won't get you an expansion, and won't increase your boost, just wait. The only thing you'll be missing out on is 8 KP, which you will get eventually. 3 open provinces plus the tournament should be able to satisfy any event requirements (and it's only a delay of 1 days KP)
With the new scouting system you can see exactly how long your scouts will take, so if you get the quest list from the Beta players you should be able to time this effectively, also keep some of those instants handy
For mid-chapter players your residences will probably be easiest. They're pretty fast at around 4h, and you should have lots of them. Just like with provinces, unless you need what they give you right now, there's no reason to max out every single one as fast as possible.
For higher chapter players:
Armories. For higher level buildings these are the fastest to level up, staying under 7 hours even at level 20+.
The thing with armories is that they give a huge jump when they change size, and then just a small amount the next few levels, so maxing them right away shouldn't be a priority. For example they go from 80 to 130 at level 20, but after that it's just 10 more per level, and won't have a big impact on your training capacity.
Bonus Tip: you can start an upgrade, and then just before it finishes disconnect the building from the road, and it will "pause" the upgrade. This does tie up a builder though.
This one is lame, and there's really not much you can do that is better than making 4 level 3 marble factories to prep for it.
If you are making extra low level workshops to help with other quests, you can upgrade 4 of those before the event to prepare, but they are bigger, and take longer.
Usually we are only asked for 2 and can prepare them in advance, but there's a trick that lets you prep 3 even with a level 2 MA:
  1. First you start a single PoP spell
  2. Then before it finishes, open the MA interface and watch the last few seconds count down.
  3. The spell will finish, and both slots will be open in the queue for you to add 2 more spells.
  4. Close the window and you will see that there is one ready to be collected, and 2 will be cooking.
You cantry this out with your barracks, the exact same idea works there too.
Bonus Tip: Once all 3 are finished cooking, remove the road from your MA so that you don't accidentally collect those spells before you want to.
With the masquerade PT2 event it seems like the developers have eased up on this, and with a decent culture bonus and some PoP spells you should have no problem completing this with half the number of max factories and some level 1 workshops to fill in the rest.
For example "16 advanced tools + supplies" was easily done with
7 workshops that were 2 levels under max
7 PoP spells
9 level 1 workshops.
150% culture
If your culture is lower than 125% you might need to ask your FS for culture buffs to get you to 125, and use Ensorcelled Endowments on those buildings to push it further. Note that EE spells won't do anything unless you get to 125% first and those buildings are visited.
First off, the spell Inspiring Meditation will extend your KP bar to 20 which should help.
Next, there are 4 ways to buy KP aside from diamonds: Coins, Tier 1,2, and 3. My suggestion is to never normally buy KP with one of your boosted tiers except for events. This way you will always have an easy and cheap way to buy a couple dozen when needed. This can also help if you are short on KP for unlocking the next advanced scouts tech for better rewards.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2003

@SoggyShorts All of that has always been considered good and reasonable advice, but in this case coming right off of the winter event, some of that is just...well...NOPE**. Personally, I wouldn't use any of my time instants for the purpose of this mini-event. I'm not buying KPs unless I am planning to buy KPs, and I'm not doing prov encounters unless I was planning on it. Which I'm not, because I used up all my green and orange provs for the winter event, and only have reds left till something changes. If the quests get done they get done. But only if it fits my plan for my city right now anyways. I spent all of December doing what the Questie Dudes told me to do. It's time to go back to focusing on MY city now :confused::rolleyes:;)

**This statement is the opinion of the poster and not necessarily that of the host site or INNO games. All opinions are subject to interpretation, and should not be considered statements of fact. Do not take without the advice of your physician.. :p