• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

RNGesus or change in formula?

SoggyShorts

I've been really paying attention the last 2 days because I was 90% certain I didn't get any before that, and not a single 3 nut when searching my city. Just random chance? I certainly had better results in past events.
Just to be clear, I totally understand how odds work, and that my own anecdotal evidence is virtually useless, I'm just curious if others all have had the same experience(unlikely) or if it is just RNG sticking it to me.

DeletedUser1811

I got a few +3 nutters since the start of the event.

DeletedUser1767

I haven't had anything but 1s today, but I've generally had at least one not-1 each day or so -- for some reason more 3s than 2s, actually.

ALdbeign

i have been under the (probably false :rolleyes:) belief that the event currency drops were actually just 1 each but that they would stack up to a point over time. So if i went several hours without logging in i was more likely to find 2's and 3's while if i was logged in constantly i would pick up singles all day long (with the occasional 2's). My personal experience supports this as I almost never get more than 2 on my live city while on beta (where i log in once or twice a day) i frequently get 2's and 3's

DeletedUser1596

3s on both worlds from time to time. Twice 2 right now on beta.

DeletedUser1811

... if i went several hours without logging in i was more likely to find 2's and 3's ... My personal experience supports this as I almost never get more than 2 on my live city while on beta (where i log in once or twice a day) i frequently get 2's and 3's
Coincidence.

Both, on Beta and live I get no more 2s or 3s overnight (8 hours in between, 6 nuts in the city) as I do when collecting a single nut while being logged in constantly. It is random. Or at least some Kafka state of random.

SoggyShorts

Other than the first 2 days on Beta where I'm not 100% sure, I have only found 1 triple nut so far. On live I found 1 on Khel, and zero on winy.
During previous events I remember being disappointed if my overnight/after work collections didn't contain a 3 flake/egg.o_O
Either I was really lucky in all previous events on all servers, or I've been really unlucky this go-around on all servers.
That or the formula changed.

DeletedUser1811

That or the formula changed.
I think the latter. I also had a quite higher frequency of collecting +2 | +3 in the previous events, on Beta and live, than I do in this one. Same goes for 3 of my fellows on live server.

SoggyShorts

Alright, then I guess it is safe to conclude it is random. :cool:
I never questioned the random part, I just get the feeling that they lowered the chances of getting a triple.
On Beta +2 live accounts I've gotten a total of 4 triples, which seems crazy low.
Seeing that @Dony had more than that on a single server in one day implies that it's just crappy luck though.