• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Rise of the Phoenix Cult

Walking

I realize that many people ignore all the text of events. Some of you have even called it annoying. However, I think it contributes to the feel of the event and usually give it at least a glance. During this event, I have noticed a huge change in the grammar and readability of the text. MANY of the quests have grammatical errors, most trivial but all avoidable. The quest-giver text is horrible as well, often using incorrect (though close enough to see what was intended) words. I can say, oh, I know what they meant, it's just a little mistake, but when nearly every text contains an error, I start wondering what happened to quality control over there. In some cases it even affects the clarity of the quest. For example, "Solve 6 encounter and / or Solve 6 tournament encounter"...REALLY? This should be one of the following: "Solve 6 encounters and/or tournament encounters" or "Solve 6 encounters or 6 tournament encounters." Certainly no one is going to attempt to satisfy this requirement by solving 6 encounters AND 6 tournament encounters.

SoggyShorts

Another example of where inno could make a better product at basically zero cost to them.
They have the Beta server.
They have a fanbase.

Seriously, we'd do it for free.

Enevhar Aldarion

For example, "Solve 6 encounter and / or Solve 6 tournament encounter"...REALLY? This should be one of the following: "Solve 6 encounters and/or tournament encounters" or "Solve 6 encounters or 6 tournament encounters."

Except those two do not mean the same thing. "Or" means you can only complete it by 6 of one or 6 of the other. "And/Or" means any combination of the two that totals 6. So 5 of one and 1 of the other, or 3 and 3, etc.

Karvest

That difference is not clear for non-experienced players, and they should word it in more clear way.

Walking

Except those two do not mean the same thing. "Or" means you can only complete it by 6 of one or 6 of the other. "And/Or" means any combination of the two that totals 6. So 5 of one and 1 of the other, or 3 and 3, etc.
What I meant was, whichever way they mean it, it should read that way, for the sake of clarity, since the way it actually reads is obviously NOT the correct meaning.

Enevhar Aldarion

What I meant was, whichever way they mean it, it should read that way, for the sake of clarity, since the way it actually reads is obviously NOT the correct meaning.

Well, the And/Or is clear. Are there really that many people who think it just saying Or means the same as And/Or? Should they change the Or to say Either/Or? That also means only all of one or all of the other will meet the requirement.

Karvest

That highly depends on translation and commonly used patterns.
In my native language and/or means "may happen both options, or may happen any of options", which makes no sense if applied to requirements.
Proper wording should be something like "Solve 6 openworld or tourney encounters in any combination".
Also in previous events I remember quests where there was "and/or" in the text but actual requirement was "do either first option or second option". So every time I see "and/or", I wonder what does it actually mean for this particular quest.

Last edited:

Walking

It had been pretty consistent in other events that if it said
"6 encounters and/or tournament encounters," it meant any combination of 6 encounters, tournament or otherwise, and that
"6 encounters or 6 tournament encounters" meant 6 of one or the other, but not some of each. Using this convention,
"6 encounters and/or 6 tournament encounters" would mean (1) 6 encounters, (2) 6 tournament encounters, or (3) 6 encounters and 6 tournament encounters.
My original point was not so much about this particular quest, but the fact that in general the word choice and syntax has been unusually sloppy for this event.

Lovec Krys

Some of you have even called it annoying.
I have called annoying the fact, that the person poped up everytime i relog. Meaning that if i finished a quest, i had to click the back button before moving to next quest. That was annoying. Fortunately it has been fixed.

Lovec Krys

Finaly i can replace my 2 chapters old mana hybrids in my beta city.

And now the downside - not a problem only for Lava Eggs, but for ALL mana hybrids in highest chapter - see yourself:
(ch 15 vs ch 17 mana production - this increase is valid for all mana hybrids)
1615699336608.png
1615699410997.png

Heffernan

Look at that pretty, pretty Lava Egg for today's daily prize. I know what a lot of people on Live will be saving their essence for now! :)
I needs one. My precious.
I have plenty - too bad we can't trade.

I saw the posts above and checked my village... I had one placed... was kind of disappointed that I had spent most of my event currency getting Phoenix riders.

Then it occured to me to check my inventory... I have 11 from last year that I haven't placed. Apparently I've had a plan to replace Burning pools or something. Or maybe it was towards the end of last years event and I was just in a hurry to spend. Maybe I haven't been in desperate need of mana yet. Or maybe it was just that chapter 15 was killing my will to live in Elvenar.

Any which way, I'll save whatever event currency I have for something else this year.
...come to think of it, what happened to the Phoenix riders I won, I don't think I've placed any yet *leaves to check the inventory once more*

PS. I completely understand, every year, and in most of events there is one or more prizes that I feel I must have even if it just for how good it looks.

Enevhar Aldarion

Maybe I haven't been in desperate need of mana yet.

Chapter 17 and the research for the next four levels of your tier 3 goods, so that everything goes to 31. Level 28 needs 1 million mana. Level 29 needs 1.1 million. Level 30 is 1.2 million. And level 31 is 1.3 million. So one tier 3 factory needs 4.6 million mana to get max level. Now multiply that by however many tier 3 normal boosted and tier 3 sentient boosted factories you normally keep out. I don't remember now what the upgrade requirements are for leveling the tier 2 factories after researching them in chapter 16, but probably similar. And I am sure tier 1 in chapter 15 costs similar.

CrazyWizard

So you are happy wasting 100 enchantments to get enough mana to upgrade a single building by one level?

for some of us yeah who cares
1615735389655.png

in fact I even use a lot of them when I do not even need the mana :D
1615735430346.png

Abby shines... but only when you are really active in the tournaments lets say 20+ provinces a week. this would grant your about 40 spells a week which makes it work really well.
I have said it many times before, but all these parts of the game are interlinked, the more you do them like spire, tournaments ect the easier they become as they improve eachother. it also makes the rest of the game a lot easier.

But if you only do like 10 provinces then it's a lot less impressive.