• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Rise of the Phoenix Cult

edeba

Why would a portrait be a final prize? If only half a dozen people in a fellowship won the last reward they wouldn't all want to have the same portrait of a phoenix. This is not exactly a replacement for the Wishing Well, although this might be thought of as slightly better than the 30 day gems dispenser from the last event. I vote to bring the Wishing Well back as the final prize.
View attachment 8767
Portrait points and then a selection of portraits might be interesting to choose from... Make it so it takes a few events to earn enough portrait points... Add a new portrait about every month.

Avenahar

my opinion about the ashen Phoenix would be strongly influenced by the duration of the feeding effect. Unfortunately it is not publishes (again) with the building. Can anybody say?

UlyssesBlue

my opinion about the ashen Phoenix would be strongly influenced by the duration of the feeding effect. Unfortunately it is not publishes (again) with the building. Can anybody say?
The feeding effect of the ashen phoenix is 33 days, i.e. at least as long as any single event. You really get value for money for your pet food on this one. :D

palmira

Does anyone know how many thingies does the 60th task gives? I have my bird fed at lvl8 and I got 65, exactly what read in the task so I am wondering if the feeding effect is reflected in the task or there is a bug and you get nothing from feeding your bird...

Karvest

That's just a placeholder for future chapters avatars made by Inno via inverting colors of Amuni's cat.=)

Karvest

If I'm correct in my assumptions based on the posts here - it gives rounded up value. If you have it at stage 10 - you receive 1 additional currency for the quests giving less than 50 and 2 for the guests giving 50-99.

CrazyWizard

Is phoenix giving 2 currency at any quest?
Or only 1 always per quest? Terribly low ammount

it's actually perfect,

For someone like me, it's "too little" so if there is an event that I really want I am more likely to spend diamonds on it then to rely on a building like that.

For someone who doesnt fight and hasn't much need for pet food, this is an excellent buildings to get an extra 2-3 chests out of there event for a pet food.

If that building was like you wanted it to be, they would need to raise all the event costs tou counter it which would make it a mandatory item with all the problems associated with it. including future aquirability as it became mandatory.

So it's absolutely perfect as is, it ain't bad, but it's ain't good either.

Arthus

it's actually perfect,

For someone like me, it's "too little" so if there is an event that I really want I am more likely to spend diamonds on it then to rely on a building like that.

For someone who doesnt fight and hasn't much need for pet food, this is an excellent buildings to get an extra 2-3 chests out of there event for a pet food.

If that building was like you wanted it to be, they would need to raise all the event costs tou counter it which would make it a mandatory item with all the problems associated with it. including future aquirability as it became mandatory.

So it's absolutely perfect as is, it ain't bad, but it's ain't good either.

You won't even buy most expensive chest for 131...

CrazyWizard

You won't even buy most expensive chest for 131...
So?

Why pick the most expensive chest, most often it's the worst anyway.

131 is about 5 flag which is 1/4 of a grand prize,
It's good enough from some, it's obviously not a grand prize for you? so what? are you and your play style the only players in the game?

No you are a minority.

Arthus

So?

Why pick the most expensive chest, most often it's the worst anyway.

131 is about 5 flag which is 1/4 of a grand prize,
It's good enough from some, it's obviously not a grand prize for you? so what? are you and your play style the only players in the game?

No you are a minority.

Then it's useless reward.
Barely visible effect of the Grand Prize of month-long event.
No i'm not a minority, evolving buildings are literally so s* that no one puts them in the live cities since forever.

CrazyWizard

Then it's useless reward.
Barely visible effect of the Grand Prize of month-long event.
No i'm not a minority, evolving buildings are literally so s* that no one puts them in the live cities since forever.

Ah off course, you held a case stufy under your friends off course?

I grabbed a random page (69) on my server and grabbed a player that looked active (had a guild)
Lets see what this player had in his/her town. (and seriously the first player I grabbed this way)

Valentine Float (9)
Gingerbread House (10)
Maytree (10)
Stonehenge (10)
Coldfire Phoenix (10)
Golden Phoenix (10)
Wise Golem (10)
Mermaids Paradise (10)
Witch Hut (10)
Moonbear (10)
Brown Bear (6)
https://www.elvenstats.com/player/nl1/90410

Notice the lack of a fire phoenix or a level 10 brown bear (slighly amazed I did not see a pandabear)

So lets take another try to this will a lower ranked player lets say page 300 or lower the first one that looks "active@
page 312 first try:

Fire Phoenix (7)
Witch Hut (10)
Valentine Float (6)
Wise Golem (5)
Watchfull Winter Owl (10)
Stonehenge (2)
https://www.elvenstats.com/player/nl1/359069

Third try page.....517 lets see what we can find there

Everblossom (9)
Winter Owl (10)
Coldfire Phoenix (7)
Storm Phoenix (9)
Witch Hut (9)
Wise Golem (4)
Gingerbread Mansion (9)
May tree (10)
Panda Bear (8)
Moon bear (10)
https://www.elvenstats.com/player/nl1/394782

So I took literally 3 attemts and I find a lot of "useless buildings" nobody is going to build.
I expected I needed to have a few fails but every time I got a hit on the first try.

So get off your horse and accept that outside of the competitive top there are a load of players with entire other ideas about the game. and they are at least as important as we are.

So please stop the whining and complaining about pretty much anything. stop telling the game is dead because it's not catering to you alone.
People leave? sure, that happens in all games, whats important is how many new ones are replacing those, and those numbers we do not have.

We do know they are still investing into this game and thats a positive sign.
This is not your or my game, but our game. this includes people with different ideas about what to enjoy in a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthus

Then you have quite a lovely neighbours because in other versions people only put armories and residences for tournaments and evo are wasting space for them. Idk i have all evo buildings that were added in the game (except coronaphoenix from 2020 - too weak)

Aeva

Then you have quite a lovely neighbours because in other versions people only put armories and residences for tournaments and evo are wasting space for them. Idk i have all evo buildings that were added in the game (except coronaphoenix from 2020 - too weak)
Why do you think that? If you pick three players from the top 25 tournamentplayers you probably get the same results. In our world anyway.

CrazyWizard

The die hard tournament players are a small fraction of the playerbase.
Yes my town looks like that but i am part of that playerbase.

Step out of your personal tiny shell and look outside of it.
You are only looking at your personal house, your street, but the world is a lot bigger than your house and your street.

The same with elvenar, it's bigger than you, and your direct surroundings.