• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Restructure events

DeletedUser3930

I've played this game on and off for a few years and I love the concept of the game, but really dislike the events. They are long and repetitive and you're either ruining your city or waiting to participate. The randomness of prizes isn't all that great either. For me personally, I don't like having to sit and wait to battle in the spire for an event. Same with scouting, upgrading buildings, researching, buying kps (especially low chapter levels). This is the only game I've played where they want you to wait to work on your city for an event. And if you don't, you either don't finish the event or you ruin your city. This isn't fun.

Instead, have short recurring events that are tied to current events/tasks in the game. And fixed prizes for completing the quests.

Examples:
When the tournament starts, there is a special event for quests just for the tournament.
When a fellowship adventure starts, there is a special event for quests for the FA
When the spire starts there is a special event of quests for the spire
Wonder/Rune events - 3 days
Map scouting event - when you open a new province, have a short day event
New Chapter event - when you open a new chapter there is 3 day event.
Holiday events - 3 days and not 20+ days long and they are not tied to building your city.
Relic event - 3 day event
Goods event - 3 day event
Manufacturing event - 3 day event
Workshop event - 3 day event
Magic Academy event - 3 day event
Trade event 3 day event
Neighbor help event 3 day event
Upgrading Event - event to help upgrade magic academy buildings to chapters or evolving the buildings

The events should be tied to what you're doing in the city, not the other way around.
Every little thing you do in an event should be rewarded with a prize, not currency to maybe get a prize. Currency should be used to buy your prizes.

In a game that I play that is like this (with lots of mini events), I never finish all of the quest events because I don't want to ruin my teams. It is, by far, the most generous game I have ever played. It's growing so fast because it's fun! And it makes me want to support the game financially and see it continue to grow.

The current quest lines of the long tedious events can be used to make the mini events, plus new quests and rewards for logging in during the events.
Then if you want to add royal prizes with a high price tag, add it to a mini event that actually gives you prizes for participating.

SoggyShorts

When the tournament starts, there is a special event for quests just for the tournament.
There is, the quests are:
"Complete provinces, get rewards"
When a fellowship adventure starts, there is a special event for quests for the FA
"Complete badges/stages get rewards"
When the spire starts there is a special event of quests for the spire
"Complete encounters, get rewards"

SoggyShorts

Every little thing you do in an event should be rewarded with a prize, not currency to maybe get a prize.
Not everyone wants the same prizes.
I'd rather have currency to try for what I like that be stuck with a bunch of prizes that I'll never use.

DeletedUser3930

I'll explain a little better what I mean. A special mini event would be more focused on what you're doing in game. Versus waiting for a large event that has a ton of different quests. Which may not have anything to do with what you're actually doing in game.

What I'm requesting is to have a recurring mini special event alongside events currently in-game such as the tournament.

The tournament starts on Tuesday, when you login you'll also start a recurring mini special event just for the tournament. This would happen EVERY Tuesday.

Here are examples of what a recurring mini special event quests might look like
Tab 1 - Login
Login 1 day of the Tournament event - Earn 1 KPs
Login 2 days of the Tournament Event - Earn 2 KPs
Login 3 days of the Tournament Event - Earn 3 KPs
Login 4 days of the Tournament Event - Earn 4 KPs
Login 5 days of the Tournament Event - Earn 5 KP's
Tab 2 - Collect Relics
Collect 5 Relics - Earn 5k gold
Collect 10 Relics - Earn 10k gold
Collect 15 Relics - Earn 15k gold
Collect 20 Relics - Earn 20k gold
Collect 25 Relics - Earn 25k gold
Tab 3 - Battle
Battle 1 Province with Zero losses - Earn 1 Bldg Upgrade
Battle 5 provinces with Zero losses - Earn 2 bldg Upgrades
Battle 10 provinces with Zero Losses - Earn 3 bldg Upgrades
Tab 4 - Cater
Cater 1 Province - Earn 100 pcs Tier 1 goods of your choice
Cater 5 Provinces - Earn 500 pcs Tier 2 goods of your choice
Cater 10 Provinces - Earn 1000 pcs Tier 3 goods of your choice
Tab 5 - Special Buildings
Upgrade 1 military wonder 1 level - Earn 1 military instance of your choice
Upgrade 2 Military wonders 1 level - earn 3 military instances of your choice
Upgrade 3 Military wonders 1 level - earn 5 military instances of your choice
You could also add the temp military buildings from the magic academy.

Does this make more sense?

DeletedUser3930

Then with holiday events, they are short and if it's currency based, you get a store to buy the buildings/prizes you want.

DeletedUser3930

I'm struggling to picture what the short event following a province scout or the start of a new chapter.
Would look like
I don't know, I just like watching myself type.

For province scouting: maybe like above but the quest types change and once you scout it triggers a short event.
But it could be making units, upgrading wonders (tome of secrets), spending the kps, manufacturing, workshop quests, any type of quest that pertains to scouting, even using diamonds or buying diamonds.

Start of a new chapter- it's pretty exciting to step into a new chapter, why not make it even more exciting?
Buying an expansion with diamonds, spending diamonds, Upgrade an event building to the new chapter, move some buildings around, place trades,

The mini recurring events are based on what you're already doing in game on your schedule. It's taking the one giant event and focusing them down with actual prizes, and not a chance to get a prize.

SoggyShorts

Ok I see where you're headed now. Seems solid enough, though I'd call that just quests rather than events.
Using the FA interface we could have 16 simultaneous questlines so the architecture is already there.

DeletedUser3930

I'm not sure where to put this, but maybe this thread since it's about restructuring. I have boycotted the Halloween event on live. And now I can't get to my chapter quests. If this were put in a single window with text for daily login rewards, versus ginormous graphics this wouldn't happen. And no, I'm not going to click on the event quest to gather the currency.
cantgettoquests.JPG

Lovec Krys

Then wait one more week for them to dissapear:)
Btw, chapter quests are mostly useless, i haven't finished a single chapter quests since woodelves.

DeletedUser3930

I appreciate you Lovec, but my screen would look like this how many days each month? Thank goodness the fa doesn't do this or I'd never see my chapter quests. Yeah I pretty much boycott the FA's too.
I plan to boycott every big event from here on out . Inno can do better, I know they can!

DeletedUser3930

I have not my dear Dorfl, it's me causing this by not collecting the daily rewards each time I login and it's already on live. If you're not logging in daily, you wouldn't see this many boxes, but I went full in with the boycott this time around. I get a bit cranky with events and each time I hear "we are going to take the green path" Pretty sure they named the crab motel after me. :p Perhaps they didn't plan for someone to do this and it does make a pretty good case for making it one window. Next big event on beta, I'll be sure to post it again in the bug forum.