• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Residential building not producing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

General Description (Overview): I have 5 level 4 human residence building's but one of them is not producing anything, when i hover the pointer over the building it highlights the building but wont let me click it to access menu's and is not producing coins

What I expected to happen: Produce coins and give access to building upgrade menu etc

What actually happened: the building highlights but thats all

How often has this happened: This one building is stuck like this

Additional info: i also have 6 level 3 residential buildings and 4 in a upgrade statues on thier way to level 4.. I will see what happens when more have finished upgrading..

Player Name: Anotherterror

World: Beta

Operating System: Windows 8

Browser and Version: Firefox 35.0.1

Screen Resolution:

DeletedUser285

Had a similar issue happening after an upgrade (not only not producing, but clicking on the building is not opening the menu).
Refreshing the game solved the problem.

DeletedUser

yes the building was connected by roads, (i have played FOE for a year so i know the basics)
Refreshing has solved the problem, i didnt take note of how much the building paid out after refresh so not sure if it was still counting while frozen or not.. i will try and take more notice if it happens again

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I think you may have something there methusu, thanks for the link :)

anotherterror - with the one building that got 'stuck' do you recall what you were doing at the time when the upgrade completed?

DeletedUser

Yes I had this problem same days ago. I solved it with moving the building to another place and than I moved it back. This happened only one time, so this bug is not so often.
But moving this building helps not in all cases.

Browser is unknown, I am switching it often.

DeletedUser503

This scenario occurs each time I upgrade a residence. Construction completes. Mouse over
will highlight ( glow) building, but no info shows and does not produce coins. Refreshing
the page always solves the problem. The upgraded building will then always start
producing normally, and the mouse over menu is once again visible and usuable.

DeletedUser

Hi,

the Produktion after the Upgrading the Residence is not working when i am not online. I started a upgrade from two residence bevor i looged out.
When i came online this morning. All Residence had full Gold Status accept this two upgraded residence. They began with the Gold Produktionin the moment i made a mouseover. Is this normal ?

DeletedUser

I know now the reason in my issue.
It have something to do with packet loss and the daily disconnect of the internet. Netcologe resets my next backbone switch every day at ~4 PM. If I do than something in the game, this is not so good. Often you can´t touch some buildings. It means you can´t give no further jobs to manufacture or can´t click into information area.

Reset the game helps :)

DeletedUser

Hi,

the Produktion after the Upgrading the Residence is not working when i am not online.

I am not sure, but I think this is not a bug. You use must activity to start something. My game runs always to avoid such things. :)

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
the Produktion after the Upgrading the Residence is not working when i am not online. I started a upgrade from two residence bevor i looged out.
When i came online this morning. All Residence had full Gold Status accept this two upgraded residence. They began with the Gold Produktionin the moment i made a mouseover. Is this normal ?

Yes, this is normal and not a bug - just as a supply or goods building built while you are offline will not start producing util you log in (and set up the production) so also with residences. These will not start their production cycle until you log in, though I am not certain if you should need to click on them to start production. I will check this.

DeletedUser

ok. it is the first game i play, with that behavior. But it is ok, when you know it :)

Perhabs a mouseover or a hint in the game , would solve the misunderstandig and that some people thing it´s a bug :)

DeletedUser503

As to my report, I am online when residences upgrade. Re-read post, this is ongoing
but repairable with a refresh. Thank you

DeletedUser

In the past weeks, this problem was not so often. Now, I see this bug every day. Sometimes I look to a residence and only the building highlights. You cannot click on it to get the pop up.
But the other effect is... in this case the building don`t produces coins and after a refresh the building don`t have coins but other have. I am not sure that is always so, but this morning this was so.

DeletedUser594

That comes up quite often as some buildings freeze! Only way out is
to log out and back in again! Not to forget to clear out the browser history
to avoid getting stuck at 64%! Just wonder how much longer it will take to
fix this???????????????

DeletedUser

Meh. Shockwave keeps crashing on me, forcing a window refresh anyway...or I'd try to duplicate...

DeletedUser

I see this is a continuing issue. I have 3 houses that cannot be selected. I am using Google Chrome as my Browser. They are a LVL 1 residence, LVL 2 Residence, and a LVL 3 Residence. They show that they are producing coin but will not let me click on them. Have refreshed and even longed out and back in, still no actions for these residences, Will try moving them.

DeletedUser

Sorry, but this happens to me ALL THE TIME!
With residences more often, but with goods and supplies also. It has nothing to do with upgrading, I'm sure, (at least not in my case).
Refreshing doesn't always help. Occasionally I have to refresh several times. "Moving" works only when the building gets disconnected by the move! And since I found that out, I'm just selling the footpaths close to the Main Hall. I think that works always.

The Gold-Counting-Bar is' frozen, but I think it goes on counting correctly. It happens very often when I collect everything.
Different building harvests are just not added to the storage. And just go on, as if I never was there.
I think one time the adding was happening seconds later, but I'm not sure.
(I've just seen. Yes, it's added seconds later. Another argument for that theorie below.)

The main reason for this, I think, could be a too heavy load on the Computer. (I'm using a laptop and Internet Explorer)
I have quite many tab pages on, most of the time. And it feels like it's getting worse than. Can someone confirm that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.