• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Residences are not buildings?

DeletedUser442

For the Soltice quest 'upgrade 2 buildings to lvl 3 or higher' I had upgraded two residences. But the quest did not respond to that. Does this mean that residences are not building?

I'm now upgrading two lvl 10 factories. I hope the quest will respond to that.

DeletedUser

It's an very old bug, reported many time here.

You've got to be online and in your city (so no map or fighting) when the upgrade completes.

Best is to just upgrade a couple of marble mines to level 3 and then sell them again, takes about 30 minutes.

DeletedUser442

Indeed.. again.. it did not respond.

Thanks for the advice, Jasper.

Elderflower

Yes me too. So I think I won't bother with the solstice quest anymore. I haven't gotten anything particularly useful so far either so I'd rather upgrade things on my own timetable. I can still do the episodic quests.

DeletedUser1681

This is the strangest bug - it seems affect some, others have no problems. I've heard about this before on other servers but it has never been a problem to me. I kept my eye open when I got this one.
I upgraded 1 workshop to level 6 and then 2 residences (actually had to level these 2 twice to get to required level) and I meant to be online when the residences upgraded but forgot (some say this is a must to get them recognised). I did get the green checkmark.

Elderflower

This is the strangest bug - it seems affect some, others have no problems. I've heard about this before on other servers but it has never been a problem to me. I kept my eye open when I got this one.
I upgraded 1 workshop to level 6 and then 2 residences (actually had to level these 2 twice to get to required level) and I meant to be online when the residences upgraded but forgot (some say this is a must to get them recognised). I did get the green checkmark.
So glad it doesn't affect everyone as it is quite a nuisance for fulfilling quests. I hope your experience will become more general and in the end we will all be able to fulfill the upgrade quests without being chained to our computers. It is only a game after all ;)

Just to add that this definitely seems to affect some buildings and not others. I just upgraded an armoury twice and it was recognized by the quest even though I was offline at the time. Upgraded a residence and my town hall and they were not recognized.

Last edited:

DeletedUser442

Yeah.. I hope so too. In the meantime, I will follow Jasper's advice. It worked like a charm. Letting the machine on while doing my work, peeking every now and then, to see the progress. But this should not be nessasary. It should work properly.

Perersonally I had the impression that this old bug was solved. Bad that it isn't.

DeletedUser

remember guys: orcs were more important than unfinished features and old bugs.