• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Residence Not Producing

DeletedUser

I don't know if this is intentional or not but when I'm upgrading a residence it doesn't start collecting coins until I log back in even if the upgrading finished hours before.

DeletedUser628

Thank you for reporting this to us, Aelin. This is indeed intended behavior, upgraded residences start producing only when you've logged in the game after the upgrade is completed.

DeletedUser118

So if I upgrade my residence over night it won't start producing coins before I log back in in the morning? May I ask why? This way it seems to not make much sense to upgrade residences over night. o_O

DeletedUser

Thank you for reporting this to us, Aelin. This is indeed intended behavior, upgraded residences start producing only when you've logged in the game after the upgrade is completed.
I find it a shame ...

DeletedUser628

So if I upgrade my residence over night it won't start producing coins before I log back in in the morning? May I ask why? This way it seems to not make much sense to upgrade residences over night. o_O
I cannot speak for the developers, but there could be various reasons for behavior of this type. Mainly, it means you have to login more frequently or stay online a longer period of time. This pushes activity, it means you'll be spending more time playing the game and you'll probably be doing something else in the meantime. It gets you to interact with others or use other aspects of the game while you're waiting. If you simply login to collect productions and set new ones you're not aiding toward community growth.

Other, smaller reasons could be to make it more similar to the behavior of other buildings (where you need to login to choose and start a production), to make it a bit more realistic as if the workers are waiting on you to give them the orders to start working, etc. I understand where the feelings are coming from on the matter, but I can also see valid reasons why it works the way it currently does.

DeletedUser118

Well, I too understand at least the reasosn behind this "feature", still I think reality should really not be an option. But I don't wanna make a big thing out of this. For that this is way too unimportant to me as I have enough time to be on right now.