• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Research tree arrows are misplaced

• Thread starter DeletedUser1075
  • Start date

DeletedUser1075

Game version: v1.1.5-(d49f90e) (2016-03-03 9:37)
Game world:
Beta
Browser + version: Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0
Flash Player version: 20.0.0.272
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 2736 x 1824
Account name: Grace
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
Research tree starts fine but then shows a single line overwriting the rest of the boxes. Arrows appear to be misplaced. See "line through research boxes.jpg"

Expected situation:
Graphics correctly display and show requirements for each segment of the research tree.

Reproduction Steps
Go to the research tree

Attachments

• line through research boxes.jpg
    line through research boxes.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 190

DeletedUser1488

Hi Grace -

I was not able to reproduce this issue. Have you tried refreshing your browser and clearing your cache?

When trying a different browser do you encounter the same issue?

I was also unable to reproduce this (so far). Did you e.g. unlock any research just prior to this bug happening?

DeletedUser1075

I unlocked the fairies - just that first bar.

Clearing cache didn't help.

I can see the tree correctly on Puffin (on my phone - but I can't use all game functionality on the phone and the research doesn't function well there so that's not really an option)

The game still does not load correctly in Chrome, it halts at 76%. So I can't even load it there. (If your dev team can tell me what is loading at that point, maybe I could figure out if there's something I can do on my end to fix it). https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...on-prevents-game-load-past-79-in-chrome.3847/)

In Firefox, the tree shows correctly but the city is tiny and the zoom option is not present so I cannot increase the size of the city in order to make the individual grid pieces larger than microscopic. Not usable.

DeletedUser1528

I'm using Chrome and I am able to reproduce this issue although I'm still in the earlier chapters. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-07_14.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-07_14.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 150

DeletedUser1075

Hey, this is still a problem and you have confirmation from another player. Can someone take another look?

DeletedUser1488

Woohoo! Looks like Grace and I were able to find out the cause for this one. :)

Edge auto zoom'd to 200% on her browser due to her screen res. Once it goes to 200% or above the line will become misaligned. Once decreasing the browser tab zoom by one it will fix itself. :)

Good work Grace! ;)

PS: Lirigon - can you confirm what your browser zoom is on when you encounter this issue?

DeletedUser1528

@Aider I can confirm this. After manually zooming out to 90% the arrows are well aligned. Happens both with Safari and Chrome.

DeletedUser1075

Betcha they make this a won't fix... if they get around to marking this issue correctly. :) Lots of bugs to deal with that are higher priority than this one.

Ah, good work on finding the cause! I've been able to reproduce it with 200%+ zoom, indeed. But, not at 100%, so I'm afraid this is not a bug (as the game is designed to work at 100% browser zoom). :)

DeletedUser1075

It's a screen resolution issue. 200% zoom in Windows 10/Edge browser at the default screen resolution for the popular Surface Pro 4 is consistent in size and shape with 100% screen resolution in other programs. Mac users would see similar issues with programs that don't "respect" the retina display resolution, if that makes sense?

I'm not blind - if I reduced screen resolution to 100% in Edge, it would be like taking your normal browser and setting zoom to 50%.