• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Required Trade quests and Trader Fee

DeletedUser

The trader fee for new or low chapter players is steep. If you want to have blue encounters on your map, which I currently do (and not being in a fellowship), to finish chapter quests and/or events that require accepting trades is costly. My map is small and if all I can find are 1000 trades it costs me 1500 in my goods to trade. It would be nice, with required quests such as these the trader fee is removed or better yet completely remove the quest itself from chapters and events.

SoggyShorts

There already is a solution though: fellowships.

Games like this thrive in part due to social interaction. Making Trading easy between players in a fellowship is one of the biggest incentives to encourage this.

I'm sure that a company like Inno pulling in 200 million a year has done some studies that show players are more likely to stick around in the fellowship, so anything that discourages players from joining one or removes the incentive for joining one isn't going to happen.

DeletedUser

I'm not talking about trading in general, I'm talking about required trading quests during events and chapters. To join a fellowship for these rare quests is a silly suggestion. Simply removing required trading quest and replacing it with a new quest isn't a big deal.

Loki Blue

I'm talking about required trading quests during events and chapters. To join a fellowship for these rare quests is a silly suggestion. Simply removing required trading quest and replacing it with a new quest isn't a big deal.

The trader fee is attached to trades from players you have not discovered on your map yet and has nothing to do with whether or not you're in a Fellowship. It would be silly for the developers to remove or change those quests. If you have an active neighborhood, you can try asking some of the players if they will trade with you for a quest. You don't have to be in a Fellowship, and it costs nothing to trade with the players around you.

DeletedUser

@Loki Blue I appreciate your response, but we’re not always on at the same time and smaller trades do get gobbled up pretty fast. If I ask, and they post it when they are on, there is no guarantee I can get that trade. This one quest during events stalls me each and every time. Either, I accept a larger trade that takes all of my goods or trade for something other than my boosted good. Which I can do, but then I run out of that item as well. Now with the ability to disenchant or upgrade event buildings, there really isn’t a reason to try and stall a lower chapter player because they have no space to place that building from an event. And this quest does that to me.

If a higher chapter player had to trade 75% of their goods to finish one required quest, would people do it?

Prior to this, buying from the trader counted as completion for this quest. Not anymore.

Relics quest, sometimes I get stalled with these but that’s because how I choose to play by not opening my map and keeping it Loki Blue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@SoggyShorts, I didn’t say it doesn’t work, I said it’s a penalty for those who have chosen not to be in a fellowship, who are at beginning chapters and want to keep blue maps. I am not the only person who isn’t in a fellowship.

Are the quests still in where you had to pay out a huge amount of your goods to proceed in an event? They weren’t in this one. Pretty sure those quests are gone.

Anything that feels like a penalty should be changed. Especially in an event, where it should be fun.

edeba

Message someone on your map that is trading what you want with a trader fee and ask them to grab your trades. They usually will...

@SoggyShorts, I didn’t say it doesn’t work, I said it’s a penalty for those who have chosen not to be in a fellowship, who are at beginning chapters and want to keep blue maps. I am not the only person who isn’t in a fellowship.

Are the quests still in where you had to pay out a huge amount of your goods to proceed in an event? They weren’t in this one. Pretty sure those quests are gone.

Anything that feels like a penalty should be changed. Especially in an event, where it should be fun.

DeletedUser

@edeba, I wish it were as simple as that for accepting trades. It’s the required accept trades that are super costly for me to take in these events. If I only have 1700 planks and it costs me 1500 to accept 1 trade, because of the trader fee, just to progress in the event, that’s brutal.

If I find someone who has a little trade - 50 items, and I can grab that I will. Even if they are outside of my map. (And almost everyone is outside of my map). Then I throw a few little ones up to repay that person for posting them too so they can get through that quest.

But I did just find a Rockstar of a new neighbor not in my map so maybe things could change for future events. And I have one more little suggestion for it :D It’s a long one, get your reading glasses on.

SoggyShorts

If you I sister on handicapping yourself y not even joining a super casual zero expectations FS get the trades from neighbors, just ask them to post bad trades.

I.e. if they offer 5 planks for 20 steel those trades should last until you get them.

It is much much easier to join a FS that has 24 members for a few minutes, but if ya wanna be stubborn....

DeletedUser

@SoggyShorts I’m not being stubborn. Unlike you, I can suggest ideas for both sides, for people in fellowships and people not in fellowships. I’m not so willfully obtuse that anything that is suggested for a fellowship I will think is terrible. Yet, that is how you come across.

If suggestions are impossible for developers, that’s one thing. I get that. But there are more than just a handful of people not in fellowships. Maybe they aren’t on these forums, but they are certainly in the game.

If your comment that Elvenar has done studies that people stay longer because of fellowships, maybe it’s because they need to do more work for those who aren’t. But again, I think you make up a lot of stuff.

To be so against removing one quest in an event, that is a large penalty to starting players who haven’t yet decided they want to be in a fellowship, don’t know about them (or me who has chosen not to be in one) or have just unlocked their trader only to find out no one helps smaller starting players, and all they see are 1k, 5k, 50k trades is mind boggling. The quest used to be accept 1 trade, now it’s accept 5 trades. It just keeps getting worse.

Your suggestion to ask someone to put up terrible trades is no better, because not only are you going to use up your inventory for a terrible trade but also add the trader fee.

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts this isn't about my sister so stop talking about her
Lmao sorry, fat fingers, small travel phone, dumb autocorrect.
*insist, not your sister:p

For a long time players asked the Developers for Quests such as accept 5 trades to encourage trading in the game.
I'm just not seeing a compelling reason to remove them. Yes they're a little bit difficult for super small players In the first month of play but there are multiple workarounds already, and In 3 months when the next seasonal event comes out won't be an issue as they'll have grown( hopefully after finding a group of like minded players who helped them complete the task this event)

You may have noticed that there are only about a dozen quests, so taking 1 out that actually encourages teamwork (unlike braindead "make 10 beverages") would be sad imo.

I think what I'm not in understand information is the basic premise of the complaint.
"This quest is hard if not in FS"
So, join a FS
" I don't want to because I dont want to ______"
That's ok, there are FS that so that ask you to _____"

Seems like the problem is solved.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yes, I understand the easy way is to join a fellowship, but I assure you I have active neighbors who are not in them. Not just on this beta server.

I tested this on a new chapter 1 city with a trader, they have 140 goods to try and accept 5 trades. That imho does the exact opposite of encouraging trading, when they are also trying to upgrade and finish research. I’ve been able to build back up in beta, but only because I have an incredible distant neighbor. I am so grateful to them and hope they read this and know what a difference they have made to me. Thank you, my friend.

If the quest remains, anyone reading this, I ask that during an event if that quest comes up, think about that little player. Please take a moment and add a few 5/5 tier 1 trades throughout the event. That person who might become inactive because of no help could be the next amazing recruit for your fellowship. What a beautiful thing it would be to see 100’s of 5/5 trades during an event in global versus 50k trades.

Deleted User - 86059

This seems to be turning into an argument and we don't want that.
So please everybody take a breather. You obviously have different views so just leave it at that. Banging the same drum over and over isn't going to get you anywhere.

DeletedUser

@Scoobydoo I couldn’t agree more, my forehead is starting to get a slight bruise from my keyboard. It’s no fun coming on here arguing with the usual suspects. Most of whom, I think are intelligent, but because they are in fellowships it’s hard to see eye to eye. Thank you for at least giving me an opportunity to voice my concerns.

With that said, I do play another game that has become much more solo friendly. There was widespread cheating in guilds among other things and it’s changed. My game is enjoyable, I can keep up with things guilds have, they have removed things that might keep someone from playing, their trading works because there is a limit of how much you can trade so that even a level 1 person can still trade and it’s a game I will continue to play and support.