• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Replace AW rewards with KP instants

SoggyShorts

Summary
Replace the existing KP rewards for being one of the top contributors with the new KP instants introduced in v1.4 (see quote from @Aider below)

Description
A simple 1:1 replacement should do it.

Motivation
Often a wonder gets filled while a top contributor is offline. This means that their KP bar fills and they lose any hourly KP they would have gained until they can log in again.

Possible downsides
Nothing I can think of other than the obvious programming any improvement would require.

There is a new type of Instant which grants a set amount of Knowledge Points - these can be applied to your Ancient Wonders, or one of your friends Ancient Wonders!
  • These new instants should be accessible as a reward and via specific bundles.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1767

Just to clarify: by "top" you mean everyone who donated enough to get a KP reward, not just the #1 contributor?

Sir Squirrel

It might be good if you could use them on your own wonders as well. Almost like a suggestion a while back to put KP's into packs and into the inventory, but can only be used to upgrade wonders.

SoggyShorts

It might be good if you could use them on your own wonders as well. Almost like a suggestion a while back to put KP's into packs and into the inventory, but can only be used to upgrade wonders.
Yep, according to the quote from @Aider above, they can be used on any wonder, including your own.

Jixel

... ok, I just read back over this, and now I don't understand what Inno is up to (as usual).
Why would the KP instants only be usable on Wonders ? (as in the quote from @Aider in the original post)

They should simply add a bunch of KP to your KP bar when used, in the same way as you'd get KP from buying or from encounters. Then the KP can be used on AW or research as required.
There should be no "cap" on adding them, e.g. if I have 8KP on my bar, and use a 5KP instant, I should now have 13KP, to use whereever I wish ... simple !

... not even sure Inno is paying attention to this thread, it hasn't been turned into a poll in the 6 weeks since it was started.

(and players across beta and the live servers have been asking for some kind of KP packets since tournaments first started, this is not a new idea at all - it is a long-awaited simple change that stops the game "stealing" KP from players)

SoggyShorts

Why would the KP instants only be usable on Wonders ?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's to prevent players from banking enough KP to finish a chapter before it comes out. Some players are going to have close to 6 months between chapter 11&12, and that is plenty enough time to get a few thousand KP of instants (between tournament, wonders, and events if all were implemented)
Hard to say since other than telling us that they exist, we haven't seen where or when you can get them.

DeletedUser1777

There is a big downside for me with the planned KP packages:
If you only could use them in AW, you will be slowed down in techtree. At the moment it's my decision, if I want to spend them in research or AW. In future the available KP for my tech will be less, and again Inno has pushed another break in my progress :(

SoggyShorts

There is a big downside for me with the planned KP packages:
If you only could use them in AW, you will be slowed down in techtree. At the moment it's my decision, if I want to spend them in research or AW. In future the available KP for my tech will be less, and again Inno has pushed another break in my progress :(
That's the trade off with KP packs.
1. Normal KP
  • Can be used on anything you want
  • Must be used now, or you lose all hourly KP until your KP drops below max
  • Can lose hourly KP if you aren't online when wonder/tournament is finished.
2. KP packs
  • Can only be used on wonders
  • Reduces losses of hourly KP
  • Can be saved for a later date when you unlock a wonder that you want
For me, I use KP for a variety of things, so having 1 portion of my KP gains dedicated to AW is fine, I'll use the rest for the other things. It's more important to me that I don't lose 4-10 KP when a wonder/tournament finishes and I'm offline.
I also find that almost half of my Magic Academy queue is for inspiring meditation spells to help reduce KP loss, and I could be making other spells instead.

DeletedUser1909

LOL Yes on live I would bank enough for at least 90% of chapter 12 if that's what happens

+1

Last edited by a moderator:

Jixel

If I had to guess, I'd say it's to prevent players from banking enough KP to finish a chapter before it comes out. Some players are going to have close to 6 months between chapter 11&12, and that is plenty enough time to get a few thousand KP of instants (between tournament, wonders, and events if all were implemented)
Hard to say since other than telling us that they exist, we haven't seen where or when you can get them.

I don't see that being a big problem - gaining the required GR goods, mana, divine seeds, and whatever other resources they invent along the way will be the hard part, having full KP on each research right away just means being tech-blocked for even more of the time :)

(and we're preemptively worrying about a very small number of players here, unless someone has a lot of space (either from premium expansions, or sacrificing score/ranking for GR progress), most players will go pretty slowly through Halflings ... )

DeletedUser1909

LOL on live my city size is maxed and I have been done for around 4 months alot of premium players I know are in the same boat on live.

Deleted User - 60107

I don't see that being a big problem - gaining the required GR goods, mana, divine seeds, and whatever other resources they invent along the way will be the hard part, having full KP on each research right away just means being tech-blocked for even more of the time :)
I can confirm that. In FoE I have over 10K Forge Points stored in packs. The reason I don't waste them on research is because I won't have the goods to unlock the techs. It will be the same here - people won't have the required goods to unlock all the new tech and will instead keep the KP instants for spending on AWs.

DeletedUser1909

I have 200k devine seeds and 1.5m mana on live, I think I could do serious damage to a new chapter...

Deleted User - 60107

I have 200k devine seeds and 1.5m mana on live, I think I could do serious damage to a new chapter...
This is just an assumption. There will likely be only a few techs that do not require new goods (Advanced Scouts, the new race portal, 2-4 buildings needed to produce the new guest race goods, and possibly a race-specific road). The rest will require new goods (or spending Diamonds), at least based on the previous chapters.