• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

FA Renew the path highlight

Garruk

The introduction of Path Highlights is a good idea, but it doesn't work well for small and medium-sized Fellowships.

Suppose the organizer of the adventure decides to follow the blue path up to the 5th Waypoint and then switch to green, in the meantime the 3rd Waypoint (blue) has been reached. How do he/she indicate it? (I'm imagining a small Fellowship that will only complete one path each stage.)

Another case, the organizer of the adventure decides the blue path (and all the other members have followed it without randomly placing badges :rolleyes:). After that he decides he wants to complete more scattered Waypoints (a mix of orange and green). How does he/she indicate them? (I'm imagining a medium Fellowship that will fail to complete all paths of each stage)

(The organizer of the big Fellowships has no problem because at each stage he/she says: "Complete all paths" and the story ends there)

My proposal is the possibility of being able to highlight each Waypoint individually, keeping the highlight buttons as an aid in selecting/deselecting.:)

Last edited:

Garruk

From a programming point of view it is simple to implement.

Currently there will be a variable of type integer (or short or byte) to indicate which Highlights to display (I guess 0:none; 1: orange; 2: blue; 3: green)

An array of 24 booleans can indicate which Waypoint will have the Highlight (I'm purposely excluding the start Waypoint).
The array of 24 booleans can be replaced with 3 arrays of 8 booleans, or 3 variables of type byte or even 1 variable of type integer (32-bit). If the developers get along with bitwise and shift operators.;)