• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Remove tournament ranks add more info to fs tournament tab

DeletedUser

I think there is somewhat of a misunderstanding about @Guinevere456 's (the OP) idea. She's talking about a more details overview in the FS tab about members participation. And there personal ranking indeed serves no purpose.

I don't see anything in the OP's idea for changing the ranking in the tournament list for the server-world.

Ashrem

Well yeah, the tournament is what edeba was talking about. The OP's posted idea included removing tournament rank from tournaments, and Edeba said that in the context of the tournament that the tournament ranking was massive.
I don't have your insights into what edeba was thinking. As with everything else on forums, I have to go by what people actually wrote:
Tournament ranking is a huge part of the game
Another nice try, though :rolleyes:

CrazyWizard

I think there is somewhat of a misunderstanding about @Guinevere456 's (the OP) idea. She's talking about a more details overview in the FS tab about members participation. And there personal ranking indeed serves no purpose.

I don't see anything in the OP's idea for changing the ranking in the tournament list for the server-world.

The rank itself not from a game mechanic perspective.
But for some people expecially the lower ones they enjoy the achievment of getting of the last page, being in the better half, joining the best 10 for the first time ect.
I can't count the amount of times I have seen a cheer of joy about reaching such an achievement in the chat from a lower level player.
So for them the ranking does serve a purpose of reaching personal goals within the guild, similar to points ranking in the guild overvieuw.

Ashrem

Not in the original post, but later on the OP definitely confirmed wanting to remove ranking altogether, though that was before they knew that there were points given to the top 100 participants. There haven't been any recent posts by the player, so no way of knowing if they still support the idea.

Deleted User - 60152

+1 Kinda

First if you notice the example the OP posted - the player's score is still listed - so I think it would be safe to assume that INNO would still sort the player list on the fellowship tournament tab by score - thus players would still know their ranking based on the rest of fellowship who participated just as we do now.

While I understand the concerns about possibly oversharing information regarding play style that have been mentioned - I would love to have the information presented showing how much I catered (I would want to add information on how much was spent catering) how much I fought and number of troops lost (especially if it listed the individual types)

So yes, I like the idea - with some tweaks.

SoggyShorts

I would love to have the information presented showing how much I catered (I would want to add information on how much was spent catering)
I have wanted to see how much it costs to cater x provinces y times for a long time now, but I get a few provinces/days in and give up.
Even recording troop losses by checking before and after numbers is beyond my attention span.

@Ritsel the OP made 3-4 different suggestions (most have been archived) that each included some variation on "ranking is useless, get rid of it", so some players (especially me) are guilty of a little cross posting, or at least focussing on the first 2 sentences of the idea rather than the second half.

Adding more info is certainly something I could get behind, so if we ignore the first part of the suggestion this idea would get some support.
I don't have your insights into what edeba was thinking. As with everything else on forums, I have to go by what people actually wrote
Booo hisss. I'm sure your reading comprehension is better than that when it supports your position.;)

Ashrem

don't get yer knickers in a twist,:p all I meant was that you are choosing not to guess at edebas intentions and/or making some fair assumptions.
There was nothing about that statement that implied it required interpretation, and I would not have interpreted it another way if it would have been more favorable to my position. More than my knickers are in a twist, and I'm done discussing this with you.

DeletedUser1657

While I understand the concerns about possibly oversharing information regarding play style that have been mentioned - I would love to have the information presented showing how much I catered (I would want to add information on how much was spent catering) how much I fought and number of troops lost (especially if it listed the individual types)

So yes, I like the idea - with some tweaks.

From the topic and comments the post seems a lot about the rankings been removed and the additional info is a side request. I agree about having some additional information and there was an idea for a statistics type page on our towns which would likely better suit the things you mentioned, and a bunch more. Perhaps the statistics concept should be revived as a separate idea to this?

Marindor

This suggestion is not in line with our vision for the game. Therefore I'll now archive this thread :)