• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Remove time stamps

DeletedUser

I was reading through some threads and came across one defending elvenstats and a few players voicing their concerns about the privacy of their game data.

With Inno’s other game, the mythological one, can’t recall what the name is, there is a non-affiliated website that shows the exact hours and times you logged in and were playing and upgrading your buildings. I didn’t like it because it removed the element of surprise in a pvp game and I didn’t like it because it showed my playtime. I quit the game over an outside website and that Inno went way way way too far with pay to win, and it is a ghost town of a game. I do support games when I like something they have done ie the crafting but other than that pay to win sucks. If I need to spend more than $15 a month to progress in a game then I won’t play it. I use $15 a month because that is Wow’s subscription and for me, there is no game that can even come close to how amazing wow is.

If joe blow can see this in game when I visited and when I accepted a trade, when is a new website going to pop up that shows this data? A new “tool” for others to see who is a good neighbor and a good trader?

If you read other game forums, there is a reason neckbeard became a term, that “get out of your mother’s basement” is a phrase. To respond by saying one should slit their wrist because of wretched behavior of a troll or sjw is pretty harsh.

In World of Warcraft, they have been asking for an offline mode for years, this isn’t anything new. There is a simple solution to this, quit giving out your battletag to a bunch of random strangers… But it is in the works to implement an offline mode. They also removed their logs from the armory showing gamers activities and last log in date. In Wow, my game time is private only I can see what it is with /timeplayed. And no longer does the game publicly show the time and date of when you completed a raid/dungeon or got some epic gear or finished an achievement etc.

There is already a gold hand in the game that shows someone visited. If it’s there click it. I don’t see the purpose of waiting and or even the purpose of why a fellowship needs the exact time one made a visit. I can’t recall how much the culture bonus went up to 220%? But if it’s only available for 8 hours, or longer with a boost why would it matter if others were clicking at different times? You’d always be covered. Or redesign your city where there isn’t such a desperate need for culture clicks that actual tracking of your fellowship mates is even a concern anymore.

As I have stated before, I was a really good neighbor. I quit visiting everyone because only a few were reciprocal. Whatever the reason it is there are inactive neighbors, all I am saying, is Inno has the control to remove every reason possible why someone won’t visit. If someone just isn’t helpful that is out of Inno’s control.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Another 7 paragraphs without a reason why your non-fs neighbor would care.
Almost done?
If you read other game forums, there is a reason neckbeard became a term, that “get out of your mother’s basement” is a phrase. To respond by saying one should slit their wrist because of wretched behavior of a troll or sjw is pretty harsh.
This is simply a failure in reading comprehension on your part.
I was rather clear that the response
"OMG some internet troll insulted me /wrists"
Was a gross over-reaction, and not one that people should or do actually have. I mean seriously if someone being not nice to you on the internet was reason to kill yourself, the suicide rate would be around 80%

Deleted User - 86059

Please can we keep this as a discussion and not a thread to hurl insults at each other or the thread will be closed

Karvest

If joe blow can see this in game when I visited and when I accepted a trade, when is a new website going to pop up that shows this data? A new “tool” for others to see who is a good neighbor and a good trader?
Never. To be counted at such website you need to actually visit the city of that site game account and accept his trade.

Marindor

As is already clear from the comments in this thread, this is not an idea that will be implemented. I'll archive this thread now :)