• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Remove time stamps

DeletedUser

Unsure what category this falls in but it’s not anyone’s business but my own when I play the game. Please remove time stamps on neighbor visits and when accepting trades. It is nice to see the name of the person who helped, but I don’t care what time they did. Maybe if these time stamps weren’t on the log, more people would visit each other when Inno makes neighbor visits less cumbersome.

Karvest

Timestamp is there to know until when you'll have supplies bonus on giving NH back.
Also it's good to know which time of the day you can have more culture bonus if your neighbors have peak time of visits.
Not talking of fellowships that require certain level of NH activity (those need the way to track it).

DeletedUser

@Karvest I don't know what NH is and as far as culture goes if no one is visiting there is no bonus.
Fellowships are hit and miss with Helping but in my experience in this game, rarely do neighbors visit. I've always tried to be a good neighbor but it just ended up with me clicking on neighbors with very few helping in return. I've stopped helping until this is worked on and one way to change it, is to see if removing time stamps will encourage people to participate in this more or take trades versus putting up their own trades.

There is the gold hand that shows someone helped, it's easy enough to click that and return the help immediately versus calculating how much time one has to return the help. It's not a count down timer like it is on the map that shows a timer when you can help next.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

No offence, but no one else cares about your log in schedule. You've said you aren't in a fellowship, so what would anyone do with this info? Unless your game name is your real life name, there is exactly nothing that they can do.

Karvest

@Karvest I don't know what NH is and as far as culture goes if no one is visiting there is no bonus.
Fellowships are hit and miss with Helping but in my experience in this game, rarely do neighbors visit. I've always tried to be a good neighbor but it just ended up with me clicking on neighbors with very few helping in return. I've stopped helping until this is worked on and one way to change it, is to see if removing time stamps will encourage people to participate in this more or take trades versus putting up their own trades.
NH = Neighborly Help. Don't see any motivation for doing visits in removing timestamps.
I never stopped helping to those who are helping me + help other neighbors from time to time (was helping whole available map while it was small). Now I have 10-16 visits from neighbors per day + 16-22 visits from Fellowship (yes, I have them all logged, and even have NH tracking google sheet for our FS).

DeletedUser

@SoggyShorts

Gosh you sure spend a lot of time on these forums, maybe you should take a break.

Thank you Karvest for the NH definition. Imagine if we could actually visit all of our neighbors when it's a big map. That's way more than what one could do in a full fellowship. Just suggesting things that may make it easier and if time stamps are a hindrance. But I understand why your fellowship would want them if visits are a requirement.

Karvest

I actually can visit all my neighbors. And I even do that if I need a lot of coins. Mobile app makes it not a big problem. And I don't see why timestamps are a hindrance, they don't affect NH in any way for me - I don't care if someone see when I'm doing it.
The only reason I can imagine - if your neighbor is your boss at work who knows who are you in game and you are visiting him instead of working. :D
But even without timestamps he can see your visit appeared while you was supposed to be working hard.:confused:

DeletedUser

@SoggyShorts

That was rude wasn’t it? Kind of justifying my point here. I don’t care you spend a lot of time on the forum, but there are those that over-lord everything someone does in the game and it’s just none of their business AND who are rude enough to say that and mean it. You have probably never encountered this until now. But it happens.

Karvest has 16-22 neighbor visits per day, why not more? All I’m saying, is that maybe Karvest would have more if there weren’t the time stamps. Maybe not, but if they don’t try a small change like that Inno will never know. I don’t mind it shows up that I visited but it doesn’t need to be counted down to the second as to when I did. Unless you’re on every second of the day, isn’t it enough to know someone was kind enough to visit you?

SoggyShorts

Doesn't justify your point at all. You can only visit every 23 hours, and it's pretty much expected that players log in once a day or more.
Have you actually been harrased by a neighbor because you visit them too often?
Or has someone abused you for visiting at 12:45 instead of 12:07?
Screenshot that and share please

To your theory: karvests neighbors who currently do not visit him would visit him if the time of that visit was hidden?
Why?
I just don't understand what reason anyone could have for caring. Unless you are lying to someone about being online? How does that scenario pan out? What are the odds that karvest's employee is also his neighbor AND he knows it...and they know that he knows ...and the ONLY reason they aren't visiting now is because they only do visits when they should be working.
Bit of a stretch, no?

Last edited:

DeletedUser2576

Maybe you should stop post this paranoid beliefs.
Every post has a timestamp that even non registered pagevisitors can read,
so EVERYONE knows when you post in the forum.

Dunno how someone can be so paranoid. When you go outside everyone who is also there sees you and guess what. They most likely have a watch so they exactly know when you left your house. Did you ever see someone checking his watch when you left your house? No, because no one cares.

My personal tip for you: When you don't log in nobody can see you activities ;)

DeletedUser

If it didn’t justify my point, it wouldn’t have sparked the reaction you had by calling me rude. Obviously, I’ve had this happen to me in a game or I wouldn’t use it as a reason for not having timestamps.

Inno is behind the times with timestamping everything someone does.

In fellowships I get why you want them sort of, because of stringent rules a fellowship may have about visits. But for neighbors, make them less cumbersome (like in the mobile app) and remove timestamps from both visiting neighbors and for accepting trades, because it may be a deterrent for people. If not removed, then give players the option to turn it on or leave it off.

SoggyShorts

It doesn't justify your point because it isn't the same
You are paranoid that someone might be rude to you. You were in fact rude to me
So you see how an extremely remote possibility and a fact are different?
Even if they were the same, I don't think inno needs to change anything, because it really isn't a big deal. OMG an internet troll said something mean... My life is over /wrist

DeletedUser

Actually soggyshorts I was proving a point, you in fact were upset by me telling you to take a break because you spend too much time in the forum. It was only to spark your reaction about time and it worked.

Go ahead and jump on the nasty guy above bandwagon because that's what you do, resort to this type of banter when you can't prove your point better. Takes an internet troll to know one my friend.

Karvest and others talk about inactive neighbors on at least two forums, by removing any reason that could be why neighbors don’t visit more often is a positive. But I’ve never seen people so terrified of small changes before, that they resort to this type of behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

1. No, I was not upset I simply pointed out that your statement was rude. I'm a grown man who has been on the internet for a couple of decades, the fail insult of "you spend too much time on the internet" is rude, but not particularly effective.
In fact the reason I call it a fail insult is that it is generally a very weak attempt to deflect when losing.

2. Takes one to know one? Really? Other than being a cliche that doesn't make sense. Let's not devolve Ii to kindergarten "I know you are but what am I?"

Can you actually explain with real elvenar examples why anyone would care about when a non-fs member plays?
Hint: you can't.

Finally, inactive players will not magically become active because time stamps are removed.
Do you seriously think that players who have abandoned this game are logging in to see if those pesky stamps have been removed?
Really?
I hope you aren't taking this personally, it's just a totally unnecessary idea to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Karvest

This idea is from the same field as a bunch of "remove ratings" ones. If someone don't like some aspect of the game, he extrapolate his dislikes to the whole playerbase. But this forum section shows that such extrapolations are usually wrong.

DeletedUser

Why would I take your insults personally soggyshorts? Nothing I had originally said was meant to be mean spirited yet you took it that way and became defensive and still are by what you write. Which is way more rude than what I've said. But, anyone who would name their fellowship the "stupid" alliance ie the derp alliance, I wouldn't expect anything less from.

Do I think people will magically become active with the removal of this, no not really. They probably left out of boredom or being told how to play their game.

This is a lovely little game, why invite things that are known to bring about trolling behavior. That is all.

SoggyShorts

anyone who would name their fellowship the "stupid" alliance ie the derp alliance, I wouldn't expect anything less from.
I'm guessing social skills aren't exactly your strong suit. I mean my chosen name is SoggyShorts, my FS is the derp alliance. To most people that would imply that I don't take myself too seriously. I'm not even sure where you think I've been insulting you. I think the entire premis of this thread is wrong, but I thought I was being pretty careful about not saying anything disparaging about your intelligence despite all of the available evidence you provide.

Anyhow, since there is still no reason for why a non-fs member would care when you are online, and no actual incidents to use as an example, I guess this means there is no need for this suggestion.

Last edited: