• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features remove the 8 seconds wait time at the first wall in the spire

Avocado

When I started the game, the gate was useful, because it immediately teaches how the system of the gates work.
I suppose it also teaches you indirectly to booster the other gates open :).

edeba

When I started the game, the gate was useful, because it immediately teaches how the system of the gates work.
I suppose it also teaches you indirectly to booster the other gates open :).
It is actually 10 seconds, and it could serve the same purpose by being 3 seconds.

Enevhar Aldarion

That 10 seconds go by so fast, that sometimes I do not even notice the gate can be opened until several minutes later, what with real world distractions and all. I actually think the opposite of what people here are asking for and think the 10 seconds should be changed to 10 minutes or another small amount of minutes, if Inno really wants to use the first gate to teach new players how the Spire system works.

SoggyShorts

I actually think the opposite of what people here are asking for and think the 10 seconds should be changed to 10 minutes or another small amount of minutes, if Inno really wants to use the first gate to teach new players how the Spire system works.
I absolutely guarantee that's a bad idea.
There are loads and loads of studies done on this, and new players who have to wait 10 minutes for something like that leave and never come back.

Enevhar Aldarion

I absolutely guarantee that's a bad idea.
There are loads and loads of studies done on this, and new players who have to wait 10 minutes for something like that leave and never come back.

They already have to be in chapter 3 in order to access the Spire, so at least they are not the chapter 1 short-attention span quitters who can't handle waiting a few minutes or hours for buildings to build or upgrade.

SoggyShorts

They already have to be in chapter 3 in order to access the Spire, so at least they are not the chapter 1 short-attention span quitters who can't handle waiting a few minutes or hours for buildings to build or upgrade.
Hmm maybe. I mean I'm a chapter 16 " short-attention span quitter who can't handle waiting a few minutes or hours for buildings to build or upgrade."