• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Research Remove guest race goods from all optional research unlock requirements

• Thread starter Deleted User - 86438
  • Start date

Deleted User - 86438

Summary
Remove guest race goods from all optional research unlock requirements

Description
With the idea of skippable research being that you could go back and activate them at some point in the future, the requirements for doing so should be friendly to that option. I recommend that all guest race goods as requirements for any optional research (squad size or city expansion) be replaced with coins or supplies or other permanent goods at or below the chapter the research is in.

Motivation
Based on proposed tournament changes, many players will be going back and unlocking previously skipped optional squad size upgrade researches. Due to some of these requiring guest race goods, they can be quite difficult for players who have progressed beyond that chapter and did not save enough goods. Portal profits will not give those historic goods either.

Possible downsides
There could be some initial confusion for any users who are actively working on those specific researches when the change goes live and already have the goods they expected to spend ready.

Deleted User - 84934

They removed it for optionnal expansion, should be the same for all optionnal researches

SoggyShorts

I was going to support this idea even though I thought I had saved up enough extra stuff but now after checking it seems I missed a couple on beta so now I'd like to support this idea 2x!
Seriously though, very small downside/effort and an easy win for the developers in making long-time players happy.

Ashrem

As it stands, for anyone who has to back up to the Amuni OSST (optional squad size tech) the cheapest version of the requirements to back up for the amuni tech involve 8 million mana (among other things) and over 1300 X 9-hour production runs or 8600 three-hour runs.

DeletedUser2705

Guys, many of you advocate for a strategy here, so why are you asking to remove the guest from the technology? Where was your strategy before? You perfectly facilitated your tournament by skipping these studies, many have thought of this before. Who wanted to, accumulated the goods of the guest races just in case, didn’t they? ;)

Deleted User - 86438

Guys, many of you advocate for a strategy here, so why are you asking to remove the guest from the technology? Where was your strategy before? You perfectly facilitated your tournament by skipping these studies, many have thought of this before. Who wanted to, accumulated the goods of the guest races just in case, didn’t they? ;)
My largest city is just completing chapter 5, but I was just pulling this related suggestion out from the tournament changes thread so that we didn't derail that discussion on a side effect of the new formula. ;)

Ashrem

Strategy adapts to changing conditions. The conditions under which avoiding OSSTs had a useful trade-off no longer exist. Now the conditions that exist could drive players from the game if they realize they are looking at millions of extra goods and thousands of hours of time to avoid a penalty. ;)

Lovec Krys

Because someone changed the rules, that's why.
Like in past when many players didn't bother to do the mandatory story quests and stayed behind for several chapters, so they allowed to skip them once you hit next chapter. This is similar.
And yes, I do have quest race resources for the first dwarven & orcish, but then I stopped bothering with it (I wanted to speed my progression a little and it seemed that I would never need to researched them until this saturday annoucement)

Enevhar Aldarion

Apparently hundreds of us aren't as smart as you.

Or just weird like me and not believe in skipping anything. Or maybe that is a little OCD, I don't know. But I can't stand knowing there is something I did not complete. I am almost done with chapter 16 on Live and I saved the two optional Squad techs for use in the next event and it is seriously bugging me, knowing they are sitting there not completed yet. lol

PaNonymeB

Or just weird like me and not believe in skipping anything. Or maybe that is a little OCD, I don't know. But I can't stand knowing there is something I did not complete. I am almost done with chapter 16 on Live and I saved the two optional Squad techs for use in the next event and it is seriously bugging me, knowing they are sitting there not completed yet. lol
I was doing the same... until I learned "the hard way" one can't use portal profits for previous chapters when entering chapter 14.

Ashrem

Except that's not about " It was obvious that at some point of time they change that rule"

I'm not denigrating people who took the techs, for wahtever reason. But the claim that it was obvious they'd change the rule is ridiculous. We might as well just never do anything because it's obvious they might change any rule at any time.

Karvest

It was unfair rule with a lot of complaints from players, so it was a matter of time for them to come up with something different.

Ashrem

It was unfair rule with a lot of complaints from players, so it was a matter of time for them to come up with something different.
Because it's obvious everything always gets fixed if someone thinks it's unfair and complains. I guess there's hope for the world yet.