• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Research Remove guest race goods from all optional research unlock requirements

• Thread starter Deleted User - 86438
  • Start date

Lelanya

Folks I've been playing for 4+ years; okay, so not as long as some, but longer than many. And I could tell that squad size upgrades would become mandatory at some point. You know why? Because the Forum staff consistently advocated that we do this research.
That said, I think there ought to be an exemption for Dwarf, because it's too easy to spend the resources saved for the research, on dwarf roads. Besides that, each city ought to get one more "oopsy', which could perhaps be delivered as a very special type of instant. Or maybe two, lol, as the Amuni one is expensive.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Besides that, each city ought to get one more "oopsy', which could perhaps be delivered as a very special type of instant.
Handling individual special cases is almost always more work than either data adjustments or code.

The idea is already forwarded, so realistically, further bickering is moot. they'll either do it or they won't do it, this thread is not going to change that.

Lelanya

That's not what I said. I suggested that we all be given an instant that would allow an upgrade on one of these techs, if the developers do not want to waive the requirements altogether.

Ashrem

That's not what I said. I suggested that we all be given an instant that would allow an upgrade on one of these techs, if the developers do not want to waive the requirements altogether.
The idea is already forwarded, so realistically, further bickering is moot. they'll either do it or they won't do it, this thread is not going to change that.

Marindor

You can talk about it if you'd like (of course while remaining respectful towards one another), but the suggestion to remove these Guest Race Goods from the techs has already been forwarded, so in that regard there's not much more to add to this idea.

Alcaro

@Marindor - I just hope that GR goods will not be replaced with millions of goods and keep it at a decent level even if would be a bit high.

Deleted User - 86438

@Marindor - I just hope that GR goods will not be replaced with millions of goods and keep it at a decent level even if would be a bit high.
They would have to be replaced with goods available in the chapter the research exists in and hopefully in amounts that are on par with other researches in that chapter, otherwise players reaching them for the first time would be heavily incentivized to skip them since they'd be harder to unlock than others.