• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Remember the Scouts?

DeletedUser867

Remember.jpg
Remember.jpg

DeletedUser

I think I have forgotten them, what was the button remind me.

DeletedUser

What?

the button is useful when you're scouting a new province to localize the scout on the map

Try not to post multiple times in a row please, use the edit button. Regards, Goryn.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1075

I just spent 5 minutes clicking around the map trying to find where my last scouted province was. The binocs don't help - they just tell me where my scout is now. The map load is sometimes ... slow... and then when I pan around sometimes I accidentally click instead of panning and then get to visit a province with 8 green checkmarks (useless, that).

When it takes 2 days to scout a province, you can be sure I'm sending that scout back out before I actually fight the encounters in the province he just got back from. Anyway... I am starting to misplace my already-scouted provinces more often now and a button to roll through the provinces with unfinished encounters would be very helpful.

DeletedUser1533

I just spent 5 minutes clicking around the map trying to find where my last scouted province was. The binocs don't help - they just tell me where my scout is now. The map load is sometimes ... slow... and then when I pan around sometimes I accidentally click instead of panning and then get to visit a province with 8 green checkmarks (useless, that).

When it takes 2 days to scout a province, you can be sure I'm sending that scout back out before I actually fight the encounters in the province he just got back from. Anyway... I am starting to misplace my already-scouted provinces more often now and a button to roll through the provinces with unfinished encounters would be very helpful.

I absolutely agree with this. Sometimes I know I have 2 or 3 provinces lined up to conquer, but it takes forever to locate them on the map. A button to find them would be extremely helpful. Or just a little list with the unconquered provinces, so you can just click one of them a go straight to it. Done with searching and searching to find those lost provinces.

DeletedUser1362

LOL
No to this idea.
Why?
its pointless I always remember where i scouted last - its not that hard

DeletedUser

I sure don't remember. I play on 3 worlds actively and 2 more semi-active.
There's roughly 40 open spots on my Aren map stretched around 190 provinces- just about the same on Winyan, then I have some little ones that are easier to circumnavigate and find what you were looking for. I will say though the new scrolling has taken a lot of the work out of it- but having it stay lit or some such sign until we actually click it would be a help when you're looking for that one boosted good you opened amongst the
mess. They could actually just leave the scout parked at the new province till you open it.

2nuqbso.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser867

They could actually just leave the scout parked at the new province till you open it.
And if you're no longer scouting, it would be wonderful if the icon would take you to the cheapest available scouting locations, purhaps using a clockwise rotation for each ring.

DeletedUser1362

playing on more then 1 world is pointless

someone said that creazyness is to do one thing over and over and over again and again
so thats how i see this game

i played hum and elv and humans suck so i play elven, doing twice or more the same thing is pointless and not to mentioned boring.

plus the only right way to scout provinces is to use hexagonal pattern - this way ull never be lost with ur scout

when u close up one ring, do all provinces that coaless with more neighbors then circle back to spaces between new neighbours.
do not skip any provinces or slots and u wont be lost - simple.

DeletedUser867

creazyness is to do one thing over and over and over again and again
Try to find a different rut? I have a dozen cities, and they're all quite different because I'm using them to explore various aspects of the game.

DeletedUser

Humans and Elves are very different but both can be used effectively. I prefer the fighting with Human armies- they are not as strong as the Elven but the units make for more interesting match ups. The two races are sufficiently different and provide their own unique challenges. I enjoy having both types of cities and lean slightly toward the Human even though they are more of a challenge in many ways.
To have more than two cities is no more or less pointless than playing at all. It's a game, a pastime, it has no point other than entertainment and everyone has their own idea about what and how much of this game they want to pursue.
I use the map in the way that best suits my needs at the time. I may want to unlock a trade partner, gain a boost, fight an easy province for an expansion- having a pre-set pattern would put unnecessary restrictions on using the map strategically. If the trade off is not having a set place my scout will be when I look for it then so be it.
It's not like anyone is asking for radical structural changes here. The provinces don't look all that different when you're zipping around in search of the latest completed scouting mission. Simply leaving the scout there solves an issue that a lot of players deal with.

DeletedUser867

The nice tooltip popup for the Relics got me thinking.

A similar popup for the Scouts, that listed the LAST FEW scouted provinces and their current status, would be VERY helpful, and especially so if you could simply click to jump to the most interesting of the provinces.

Even if you only intend to scout an additional province, landing right next door, in yesterday's province, would be pretty handy.