• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.99

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Lovec Krys

I suppose that checkbox Allow move to better position still works? So If I uncheck it my city will remain in the same location regardless the algorithm change?
Should I check it once in a while if it is still unchecked?
Does it moves players only to the centre of the map? (since there are now more active clusters of players outside the centre, like my live server's neighbourhood which was on the edge 2 yrs ago, now it's inside, but not in the centre)

DeletedUser2524

I hope this works better than the old system !! Under the old system I was having my coin cities moved out and replaced with totally inactive neighbors that were themselves waiting to metamorphosis into coin cities - or would not be replaced because the player at some point in time had spent diamonds in the city - or even in another world. In most cases then I would rather have the coin cities - they were much easier to collect from

UlyssesBlue

Can you clarify exactly how much time of inactivity must pass for a city in each chapter to be moved? And what effect the 'do not move city' tick box will have on this feature?

I would like to know if a long holiday would be enough for my advanced city to be moved, and therefore lose all the neighbours that I've gotten to know over the years. Perhaps we could get a means to mark our cities as temporarily absent for a specified amount of time, which would disable this feature for that set time period. That way if we know we're going away the inactivity timer won't start to count down until after we're supposed to have gotten back, and we won't be at risk of moving unless we don't come back from our holiday.

In general I do like the idea of moving inactive cities away from the centre to make way for cities that are active, but it is conditional on how well you're able to distinguish between someone who's quit and someone who is just on holiday.

Dony

King of Bugs
And what effect the 'do not move city' tick box will have on this feature?
this would be hard to test on beta server so answer would be nice
That way if we know we're going away the inactivity timer won't start to count down until after we're supposed to have gotten back, and we won't be at risk of moving unless we don't come back from our holiday.
there are players who never come back to the game after their holidays end, that would mean that inactive city would be still in the middle of the map

Lovec Krys

Thx. to Dony, I checked the changed Whosaler:

Yeah, nice change.
How the hell am I gonna to finish those stupid use whosaler 12 times quests now with this?:
1582806516359.png

I want my live server numbers back! (600k coins, 60K tools on live).

Karvest

They even delayed this change until the end of event. Hope there wouldn't be such quests in the next one (or they would ask for 1 deal).

Lovec Krys

@Karvest I actualy don't care about the Wholesaler itself, since I don't use it.
If they never give us quests which requires Wholesaler's usage, I don't care about it.
But I can clearly imagine we get the "use 12x wholesaler" several times per day with this horrible prices next event.
And I don't want that, since this change makes this quest unreasonably hard! It can make players quickly go bankrupt.

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Here are the answers to your questions:

I suppose that checkbox Allow move to better position still works? So If I uncheck it my city will remain in the same location regardless the algorithm change?

That's correct :)

Should I check it once in a while if it is still unchecked?

That shouldn't be necessary.

Does it moves players only to the centre of the map? (since there are now more active clusters of players outside the centre, like my live server's neighbourhood which was on the edge 2 yrs ago, now it's inside, but not in the centre)

Yes, and ultimately the active clusters from the outside should also move back towards the center as we clear up more space there.

Can you clarify exactly how much time of inactivity must pass for a city in each chapter to be moved?

We can share the minimum amount of days of inactivity that must have been passed. Please keep in mind that it could always take longer (not shorter) to get moved, though (e.g. if it would take a minimum of 3 inactive days, it could also happen that the movement would take place only after 5 or 6 days if any "blockers" occur. The aim is to strike a balance between no interruption and a fast as possible movement. These are the minimum amounts of time needed:

Chapter 1 AND Non Premium User : 3 days
Chapter 2 AND Non Premium User : 14 days
Chapter 3 AND Non Premium User : 30 days
Chapter 4+ OR Premium User : 60 days

A "Premium User" means someone who has purchased diamonds at least once.

How am I gonna to finish those use whosaler 12 times quests now with this?

As explained in our Release Notes, quests that require only Wholesaler trades will have their required amounts halved.

Dony

King of Bugs
Chapter 4+ OR Premium User : 60 days
if the city is inactive and has checked 'do not move city' will that city be moved anyway? And in future when he comes back he will be on new position if his old position will be occupied already? If that is the case, then this needs to be communicated in game when checking this box, that being inactive for certain amount of time will disregard this option.

Karvest

So if you play every day there is 0 chance to get moved to better location even if you set automatic movement enabled.

UlyssesBlue

Perhaps we could get a means to mark our cities as temporarily absent for a specified amount of time, which would disable this feature for that set time period. That way if we know we're going away the inactivity timer won't start to count down until after we're supposed to have gotten back, and we won't be at risk of moving unless we don't come back from our holiday.
there are players who never come back to the game after their holidays end, that would mean that inactive city would be still in the middle of the map
No, it would mean it would just take longer for their city to be moved - that was the point of my suggestion.
However since it has now been clarified that established cities won't be moved until after 60 days of inactivity I don't think my suggestion is necessary. 60 days is more than enough to cover most holidays, family emergencies, etc. We can safely take an extended break from Elvenar without our cities being moved, and without having to change any account setting in advance. I expect that in all but a few unique cases, no established city will be moved unless its owner really has quit.

@Marindor
Can you clarify if this is how the 'move city' check box will behave with this new feature:
'Allow automatic movement to better position' box is Ticked and city is active --> city will be moved closer to centre once position is available.
'Allow automatic movement to better position' box is Ticked and city is inactive --> city will be moved away from centre once they have been inactive long enough.
'Allow automatic movement to better position' box is Unticked and city is active --> city will not be moved at all (either closer to or away from centre).
'Allow automatic movement to better position' box is Unticked and city is inactive --> city will be moved away from centre once they have been inactive long enough.

Also, what will happen to the cities on the map that have already been inactive for a very long time, e.g. a year? Are they immediately eligible to be moved, or does the 60 day time limit start counting down from now?

edeba

Please clarify, if you do not have "allow automatic movement to better position" clicked and you become inactive, does this moving you to the outer part of the map apply?

Karvest

Moving to the outer part is not "moving to better position", so yes, you will be moved out despite of that setting after inactivity timeout.

Marindor

The constraints are only about moving people away from the center. A bit more clarification:
  • You will be moved INWARDS if you are ACTIVE, AND there is an available space closer to the center. This is NOT done when you have the setting for this disabled.
  • We remove inactive people from the map by marking the space they occupy as "free". However, they are still shown on the map until someone else takes the spot. In that moment, the account is removed from the world map (not visible)
  • Someone who is marked as inactive and comes back, will be placed back on the same spot they were in before, UNLESS it is already taken by someone else in the meantime. In that case, they are moved to the next best place (the usual: the spot with the same pattern of neighboring provinces, closest to the center). In this case, and in this case alone, the setting for moving the city is ignored. Simply because if it weren't, we would have two cities in the same spot and that's of course not possible.

UlyssesBlue

@Marindor
What will happen to the cities on the map that have already been inactive for a very long time, e.g. a year? Are they immediately eligible to be moved, or does the 60 day time limit start counting down from now?

DeletedUser3219

@Marindor
What will happen to the cities on the map that have already been inactive for a very long time, e.g. a year? Are they immediately eligible to be moved, or does the 60 day time limit start counting down from now?
RIP for me that I just established Trader on beta :(