• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.98

CrazyWizard

i really think its time for a new complete combat overhaul.
We never liked it when it was introduced, and we were promised we would like it once we had all possible units to 3 star status. Well guess what, we finally have all of them to 3 star, and now they are nerfing our units.
I think we need an overhaul because combat isnt fun anymore, its mainly resource management (keeping the amount of units under control) and usually requires any tactic.
And if its resource management they really intend, then fine, but then all units should be as powerfull as their counterparts. in other words, the amount of losses you get when you use light ranged against heavy melee and mages, should be about the same as the amount of losses you get when you use light melee against light ranged and mages. Right now, your light melee loose way more even when you have wonders that boost them on max level (the main reason why everyone hates scrolls and magic dusts tournaments)

While I don't disagree with this assesment they should also be carefull, the last combat overhaul created a lot of anger.
It might be better to improve some of the units.

Another much easier way would be to decouple enemy units and player units completly and the rebalance those enemy units to fit the desired outcome, and buff light melee a bit as well. Ranged units always have first strike, and with boosting buildings they become much more powerfull, light melee units on the other hand need to absorb the first impact.
I find adding around 100-150% more HP to light melee units there power is very similar to the other units. so a solution could be in improving buffs to the players light melee units
If that same buff is applied to enemy units it becomes an entirely new game and create new balance issues.
Thats the main reason I dont like it when player units are used as enemy units. it makes balancing a lot harder.

No nerfing of any sort as it will create a negative spiral of feelings and expressions and a lot of uproar similar to last time.

Dony

King of Bugs
Half of melees dont even have defense bonuses against the units they are supposed to be strong, with defense reducing abilities, range and higher iniciative on the enemy side makes it then horrible
Some of the melees could have +2 attack range to compensate, especially in scroll tournaments when mages and LR are hiding behind obstacles whole fight and melee dies before they can reach them, where movement of melees are ignored

Deleted User - 81190

valorians can do that and they are melee ;) and humans have paladins on top of that
So did you mean 2, or +2? Because I read it like +2, meaning that melee units would be 3-4 range, and this doesn't look particularly melee. I can buy 2 for melee units (e.g. spears/halberds vs swords/daggers), but more than that is hard to justify. Of course, physics/lore considerations were never a defining aspect of this game ;)

maxiqbert

IMHO, light melee should come with shields, absorbing damages from light range and mages up to a certain amount (something like equal to their health, maybe). It shouldn't be +health, because then you whould still lose units were you shouldn't.
the purpose of such a change would be to reduce/negate losses of melee before they get to fight.

Biloutte91

Not for me ... i have always this ...

Capture d’écran 2020-02-11 à 14.37.14.png

Avenahar

"When you don't have enough KP to donate in an Ancient Wonder, you can now purchase them with diamonds from the AW screen."

In my point of view it is a redundant feature because I already have the possibility to buy KPs with diamonds via the "+" in the ancient wonders and I also think that there are only very few players who would use this obvious invitation to buy KPs in other player's ancient wonders even if they needed the runes.

CrazyWizard

"When you don't have enough KP to donate in an Ancient Wonder, you can now purchase them with diamonds from the AW screen."

In my point of view it is a redundant feature because I already have the possibility to buy KPs with diamonds via the "+" in the ancient wonders and I also think that there are only very few players who would use this obvious invitation to buy KPs in other player's ancient wonders even if they needed the runes.

I am just afraid that this will create some mayhem, it's easy to misclick on it.

CrazyWizard

if you set the hook at "Show Diamond confirmation" in your settings you will be quite safe but of course one has to be cautious not to click on "yes" by accident. So click careful and slow...

My problem is more with the point `that u need to enable it because the made something that thrives on very common misclicks

Arthus

It looks like a tool to easily lose your diamonds by mistake.

Also we've seen another unnoted changes in trader, people on live servers magically lost some goods because of this, they put 20k of goods in trader and got 10k back after changes when they cancelled.