• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.96

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

TomatoeHu

Hmm, but mobile users still can't use other players wonders?! ..... Couldn't care less what level the wonder is if i cant open it and place a kp in.

iDavis

Rewards for spire ranking wouldn't make much sense, since there exists upper limitation for points. The whole strategy would be only "use as many instants to open gates as you can" and "be as quick while doing diplomacy / fights as possible".

Jackluyt

<< A ranking list has been added for the Spire Multiplayer feature: >>

SpireMulti01.png

Nice idea - but for this to have relevance, the top fellowships ought to get some kind of performance bonus, surely?
:)

Heymrdiedier

<< A ranking list has been added for the Spire Multiplayer feature: >>

SpireMulti01.png

Nice idea - but for this to have relevance, the top fellowships ought to get some kind of performance bonus, surely?
:)
while ofcourse i wouldnt mind an extra reward, i dont think its a good idea. The amount of spire points you can get is limited, so who gets prize nr1 then? the one who gets there fastest? that doesnt sound right to me.

For me this is just a good way of seeing if a certain FS suits your playstyle in terms of spire. In other words if you want more out of out spire you can find a FS with higher score like that.

So i like this, but i wouldnt mind getting the same thing about tournaments.

TomatoeHu

Releases should indicate when browser only players, are recipients of an update. And follow that up with an approximate mobile release date so mobile players don't feel forgotten....

I like @Jackluyt idea about extra prize in tourney's - that is an immediate feel good response to actively participating : win some thing, even if it's small. There is gratification for efforts given with a small trophy (time reduction, rune, kp, etc) Add it in with the tourney completion prizes, top players in your fellowship get a fellowship flagpole or something unique would be more perfect :)

Richord

Rewards?
Fastest FS, FS with least losses while doing it etc. (probably all not possible)
because indeed; what's the point of ranking if every FS could be #1 if the prizes were good enough?

FS-list for tournament; sure; would be nice instead of looking it up on elvenstats.
BUT; stimulate? meh, chest 10 is good enough. anything more is because players harvest 5kp's or some ranking points.
there is no point in doing a lot more without a extra reward, otherwise everybody would score higher already.

edeba

Now here's a use for those small time instants... Round 1 each province a 1 minute time instant, round 2 a 3 minute time instant, round 3 the 7 minute, round 4 the 10 minute, round 5 the 15 minute, round 6 the 20 minute.

I like @Jackluyt idea about extra prize in tourney's - that is an immediate feel good response to actively participating : win some thing, even if it's small. There is gratification for efforts given with a small trophy (time reduction, rune, kp, etc) Add it in with the tourney completion prizes, top players in your fellowship get a fellowship flagpole or something unique would be more perfect :)

Richord

make the tournament prize the current FA-fs-prize.
FA is once every 4-6?weeks? so make FA-fs-prize 4-6x the tournament. add at least 2x better rewards, preferably 7x better and we have something we would love to work for!

charlemagne3

so I have the updated version of visiting neighbors when using my laptop in the non beta version of the game and love it - it is like the mobile version where you can just click on what you want to help with including getting chest bonus but on my laptop without having to search all over creation. Been waiting for the beta version to update - why hasn't it yet? Would actually have expected the change to have appeared in beta first.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 86059

As Marindor already stated. This new browser polishing is in A/B testing at present and as soon is it is released to all players it will be announced by Marindor in the forum. Hopefully sooner rather than later

charlemagne3

As Marindor already stated. This new browser polishing is in A/B testing at present and as soon is it is released to all players it will be announced by Marindor in the forum. Hopefully sooner rather than later
I did a search on visiting neighbors because that is what I am concerned with - and didn't find any information regarding the update. It never occurred to me search for "browser update" as I am using the same browser on my laptop for both beta and non-beta. I noted the wonderful change to the non-beta visits in mid-December right before we left on vacation (while on vacation mobile app only). I anticipated that the same upgrade would have been made to the beta version - actually I thought that it would have occurred in the beta version before it went live to the non-beta version and since it has been at least a month, that all the various servers would have received the update. Patience is a virtue and I apparently am not virtuous.

Deleted User - 86059

Thanks again for your post. I have it in live worlds but not Beta, some other players have Beta and not live and others a couple of live and Beta. A/B testing is happening across the worlds but some players have it the A group and the B group do not.

CrazyWizard

I did a search on visiting neighbors because that is what I am concerned with - and didn't find any information regarding the update. It never occurred to me search for "browser update" as I am using the same browser on my laptop for both beta and non-beta. I noted the wonderful change to the non-beta visits in mid-December right before we left on vacation (while on vacation mobile app only). I anticipated that the same upgrade would have been made to the beta version - actually I thought that it would have occurred in the beta version before it went live to the non-beta version and since it has been at least a month, that all the various servers would have received the update. Patience is a virtue and I apparently am not virtuous.

Don't expect it to go live to all players in it's current form,
As far as we are told the testing result does not look promising without the reason why,
But the most likely reason was figured out by players.

The main problem currently is the disparity between NH in the new system and on the world map.
The most active players already use mobile for NH, so nothing changes there, but there is a group who just plays on a PC, this group started to do less NH since the introduction of the new system.

In the past all NH was a burden and players gave NH to there fellowship members and to regulars on the world map, now they only give NH to those in the notification bar. if one of those "regular players" does not give NH for a day, or if thet NH notification was pushed of because of trades that player would no longer get NH help that day. if that other player is also in de tresting group you can easily see a downspiral in NH help.

Some people confirmed this theory stating that they give less NH atm because of this reason, after flying trough NH, there are just to burdened to go to the world map to slowpoke themselves trough the "regulars" therefore ignoring those players now.

Therefore it's likely that the current testresults will be a failure.
I wish that they extend the feature to also the world map. this would solve it, and I would love it to not being forced to give NH on mobile exclusive.