• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.96

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard Or you can join the NH boycott group. I for example doesn't have fast NH neither on beta or live, so if I give any NH, that's only for getting seeds from Sunset Towers, nothing more. Even after getting fast NH, I'll only help my fellows and maybe some of the players from notifications, I don't need getting or giving NH in any of my cities apart from Sunset Towers bonus.
I play PC only. I don't have a smart phone (only an old mobile phone, at least it can survive in my trousers' pocket without any damage - try to do that with a smart phone) and last android emulator I hated so much that I have deleted it.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard If it fits your playstyle, than ok. From my point of view old NH takes too much time and (apart from the Sunset Towers bonus) gives almost nothing, so I have been more or less boycotting it for a long time.

CrazyWizard

I agree totally that it is too cumbersome on PC, thats why I use mobile.
Mobile is about 15 minutes maybe 20 and then I have visited every single neighbour which is a lot of neigbours since I have scouted more than 650 provincies now. so that ain't to bad.
I wish a similar solution would come to the PC as well.

I do this because I need the coins for the tower, I can't play the tower without it.

Since some people were screaming it schould be implemented ASAP, I was only pointing out why it might not be implemented and that there is a good reason for it.
Back to the drawing board I would say. it's a good thing they test is first so they can figure out the problems with it.

Karvest

missing easy NH on worldmap is not an excuse for leaving half of the playerbase without an option that is working fine for another half of playerbase.
Worldmap NH can be added afterwards, and it is very easy to do with a single button in the HUD that would switch visiting vs giving NH on click. And it would be even better than in mobile app.

charlemagne3

Thank you CrazyWizard for the update. Just a few thoughts. From my view point - extending the feature to the world map is the solution. Since it works in the mobile app - it should be a straight forward game enhancement. Personally, except when traveling, I only use the mobile app to do my fellowship visits and a handful of regulars and maybe some quick farming. Everything else works far better and more efficiently on the laptop - esp for fighting when catering isn't an option and any sort of redesign. Trying to move buildings around in the app is torture.

My two cents on the app. Glad we have it, glad they are making improvements in the app and that the app is providing opportunities for game enhancements, but it doesn't take the place of the laptop.

justpeeking

In the past all NH was a burden and players gave NH to there fellowship members and to regulars on the world map, now they only give NH to those in the notification bar.
I don't think you are right at all. Seasoned players stopped doing NH a long time ago, if they do not play in the app at all. And now, those how get the new NH features restarted to do again. So the A-B test should show a result in favor of the new feature, not a negative impact.
Obviously the new style of NH for all neighbor would be desirable, but not necessarily will result that all neighbor get a NH again. I don't do it in the app either, because I used to spend the extra coins on KP. But the new endless events ask me to buy KP endlessly, so I try to slow down the inflation of KP. And I don't need coins for anything else.

CrazyWizard

missing easy NH on worldmap is not an excuse for leaving half of the playerbase without an option that is working fine for another half of playerbase.
Worldmap NH can be added afterwards, and it is very easy to do with a single button in the HUD that would switch visiting vs giving NH on click. And it would be even better than in mobile app.
You miss the whole point of an AB test,
In an AB test you build a theory, set the parameters, and then analyze the results, if the results match your theory it's a succes, if it doesnt you start to figure out why it deviates (in both positive and negative ways)

Lets assume this example, we thought this change would be amazing, roll it out now, but if it's true the results of the AB test do not match the theory, then what makes you "sure" that the next change that fixes all will actually fix it without another A/B test?

In the past x many years we have screamed so many times do not release somthing thats broken, not that the listen we schream the should ignore the results and release it anyways?

I don't think you are right at all. Seasoned players stopped doing NH a long time ago, if they do not play in the app at all. And now, those how get the new NH features restarted to do again. So the A-B test should show a result in favor of the new feature, not a negative impact.
Obviously the new style of NH for all neighbor would be desirable, but not necessarily will result that all neighbor get a NH again. I don't do it in the app either, because I used to spend the extra coins on KP. But the new endless events ask me to buy KP endlessly, so I try to slow down the inflation of KP. And I don't need coins for anything else.
In this case you ignore a huge part of the player base, the player base includes everyone, not just seasoned players, also beginners and moderatly seasoned players. but the example I gave that was prevalent on our live server was actually from seasoned players.
Yes they ignore the world map, but many friendly players do/did not ignore regular players.
Yes the world map is a hassle, no doubt about that thats why those players only after doing the fellowship help only players that on a regular bases return the favor and ignore the others.
but with this change if those players fell from the list they were now ignored.

Your personal situation and those close around you arent always everyones experience, so it's important to understand that the game has a lot more players, players with different goals, and playstyles than your own. resulting in different results when those are counted into the equasion as well.

Karvest

Testing impact on overall NH without world map part implemented is useless anyway.
Just make this feature configurable by players themselves in options.

CrazyWizard

Well I agree that the current implementation is kinda strange, maybe there is some problem that makes it hard to get it implemented on the world map and this was some stop gap measure?

TomatoeHu

I never do my world map, sorry folks, but its time consuming even on mobile. Gross amounts of time on mobile so just give the new NH update to ALL browser players already! World map neighbors want visits? Join a fellowship. You want me to do neighbor visits then display it better. Give me a world map window like the fellowship window where i can do all the visits from a window as well. Don't make browser players wait any longer for this release, certainly not for the excuse that world map neighbors are being ignored. They will receive the same amount of attention i give them already regardless. If anyone is slacking off its because they have just realized how freaking terrible it is to do normal browser visits. Fix this now :rolleyes: