• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.92

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Lovec Krys

Well, the easiest way how to deal with this bug is to not use our units against us.
Either make all enemy units unique,
or simply replace enemy units from our camp and ground by their copies (same stats, but they won't recieve the bonuses anymore since they'll be physically different units).

Jackluyt

Today's update: "Enlightened Light Range building should only affect own units. "

Is the Fire Phoenix fixed too?
It would be nice to hear from the developers what went wrong, and how has it been fixed.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Today's update: "Enlightened Light Range building should only affect own units. "

Is the Fire Phoenix fixed too?
It would be nice to hear from the developers what went wrong, and how has it been fixed.
I can't tell you what went wrong, but i know how they fixed it now. They added a flag to all units indicating if its an enemy unit or not, and all buffs cannot affect enemy units anymore.
I know you wanna know if this bug was always there or introduced recently with the Elvenar chapter but i can not answer that. At the moment only the developer(s) who fixed the bug know that answer, i will try to see if i can find out more.
For now, lets assume the bug was always there, so that we can hope that all fights will be a bit easier now :)

Last edited:

Jackluyt

I can't tell you what went wrong, but i know how they fixed it now. They added a flag to all units indicating if its an enemy unit or not, and all buffs cannot affect enemy units anymore.

This is great news!
But please confirm that the Phoenix is also no longer going to boost the enemy?

Ashrem

That may be not a workaround but finally proper implementation.
Not saying it isn't a permanent fix. Only that it is the kind of fix which doesn't actually require figuring out what was happening. It bypasses any need to look for what was broken. The downside to a work-around fix, is that if a future troop accidentally gets implemented without the checkbox, or a checkbox gets accidentally disabled, the bug can re-occur, and we would not know it unless a player is paying close attention and notices a problem. If the code was fixed so that player boosts were only applied to player troops, then the checkbox wouldn't be needed, and there's be no danger of it getting missed in the future. The danger is small, but real.

Karvest

I mean they may be just forgot that we can have our unit types in opponents, and didn't implemented that check earlier at all (all those boosts are linked to the lists of unit types in effects data). And fix is not a checkbox for unit, but flag that is set by engine for all enemies without even looking at their types (or for our own units, depends on implementation).