• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.88

Heymrdiedier

my feedback:

Changed recipe timer from 8 hours to 6 hours, reduced Diamond costs for the earlier creation of new recipes from 75 to 50 Diamonds.
Like this, even tho this means i miss 1 refresh a day (i tend to sleep more then 6 hours :) )
This is manageble if you refresh at a good time, but i did that in the past to have a good reset timer, but 2 times allready that timer change without my interaction and without explanation from support either, so that felt like i wasted diamonds and not planning on doing it again.

adding the evolving buildings to the crafting recipes, good move. This is great for those who have been winning artifacts, but werent there maybe when the building was given out.

reducing the pet food amount. Im not sure about this, why is this a good idea when new pets are just around the corner, if we get too many pet food now, wouldnt this be resolved if we get another pet in a future event? it would double our pet food use?

removing recipes that werent crafted much -> good move

lowering the spellfragment costs of kp from broken shards, good move, but im not sure what to think of it since you also halfed the amount of spell fragments we get.

lowering the gain of fragments of disenchanting by 50%

Im not sure about this change, does this also mean the quests will also ask 50% of what it was before? is this an attempt to make us like the prizes of spire more? It wouldnt be the first time that if we asked for better prizes, we end up with all other prizes being less. (remember the many balancing changes of pop/culture event buildings)

Last edited:

iDavis

When I first saw a note about adding evolving buildings to crafting, I got really scared. Fortunately, everything changed by adding a limitation of being able to craft one, only if you don't have the same in inventory or city. Now I consider it as a very good move (especially thanks to not adding artifacts in crafting (and therefore developers can handle how much do we upgrade them)), otherwise it would really fast end up like in FoE, where a lot of players have their cities built by the same event buildings (like 20, or even more), what looks pretty bad (but of course they get high profits from them, so no reason to destroy). Hopefully Elvenar will keep this balance as long as possible.

Pet food reduction might be good as well (if we will really have other occasions where to get them, since it's consumption will be increased in the future).

Avenahar

Fortunately, everything changed by adding a limitation of being able to craft one, only if you don't have the same in inventory or city.

I can craft Stonehenge
stonehenge.jpg

although it is already built in my city
stonehenge1.jpg

DeletedUser1657

Generally like the changes as they seem to be in the right direction. The drop in timer is great and hopefully will solve or even out those in "poor" timezones.
The reduction in pet food has me concerned:
  • I don't find these come up too often so less recipes could make it harder to get them. Hopefully the removal of less desired items and a timer reduction will offset this, we will have to wait and see
  • What relics are now required for pet food? I really hope boosted ones are still needed as they are the most useless item in the game when you have max boost. More so then a broken shard when you have built all your wonders. Unless you have plans for boosted relics to be used in the future I am hoping this one at least remains on pet food.
Also concerned by the changes in VV and spell fragments in relation to quests. The quests already were problematic for these items and need to be adjusted to suit the new changes.

Karvest

reducing pet foods is really bad move, especially if it is done via limiting it to t3 relics recipes only, one of t3 relics is already used excessively (by MM spells in the past and by CC spells now).
and taking into account next event prizes that would drastically increase amount of pet food required... inno give more ways to spend and less ways to acquire it...

Arthus

When I first saw a note about adding evolving buildings to crafting, I got really scared. Fortunately, everything changed by adding a limitation of being able to craft one, only if you don't have the same in inventory or city. Now I consider it as a very good move (especially thanks to not adding artifacts in crafting (and therefore developers can handle how much do we upgrade them)), otherwise it would really fast end up like in FoE, where a lot of players have their cities built by the same event buildings (like 20, or even more), what looks pretty bad (but of course they get high profits from them, so no reason to destroy). Hopefully Elvenar will keep this balance as long as possible.

Pet food reduction might be good as well (if we will really have other occasions where to get them, since it's consumption will be increased in the future).

Elvenar players have only event buildings in their cities because even IG said that they don't care about base game buildings, when people asked to make diamond buildings from base game available to upgrade.

DeletedUser2576

Is it also a bug, that there a 2 identical recipes?
You added a 30 RS recipe, which was already there.

@Marindor

DeletedUser2576

its different
1 cost CC and second cost spell fragments instead
I meant 2 recipes for the same reward which feels weird.
I mean feel free to add 100 combat booster recipes which different costs :D

Heymrdiedier

I meant 2 recipes for the same reward which feels weird.
I mean feel free to add 100 combat booster recipes which different costs :D
yes especially for the hp combat booster, since id love to use that every week, while i can hardly craft it, the mage and bows booster i have too many of since its only usable 1 or 2 times every 9 weeks :)

DeletedUser2576

We checked this one and it was intended to add some variety. As @Dony said, their costs are different :)
So when do you add some variety to every other recipe that only has 1 payment option?
You either to it for every recipe or for none. Doing this for ine recipe sound kinda abitrary.

Ashrem

hanged recipe timer from 8 hours to 6 hours
That might help people who keep irregular hours, but for the average person, they are going to miss one of those while asleep, or one of them while at work.school, or both. Most people ahve time to see each occurrence something that occurs once every 8 hours.

Taking a person who sleeps roughly 11:00pm to 7:00 AM. and works/commutes 8:00 to 5:00
Starting at
00:00 they miss 00:00 - 6:00 am
01:00 they can catch all four
02:00 they miss 08:00 - 14:00
03:00 they miss 09:00 - 15:00
04:00 they miss 10:00 - 16:00
05:00 they miss 11:00 - 17:00 and 23:00 - 05:00
Then it cycles again.

So weekdays, they miss 6 out of 24 (if their entire work day including commute is 9 hours or less) (adjusted if they can access the game while at work via mobile or net access). Weekends, it depends when they sleep. If lucky, they miss none, but about 1/3 of people will miss one each weekend day