• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.87

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Jaxom

Sorry, for a level 16 Needles it shows +60% when you open the wonder and hover over the data.

DeletedUser2989

Hello, with all these updates, will there ever be an attempt to delete inactive accounts? I would say that on my world (globe) map, the vast majority of players are inactive, and have been for a very long time. How about we have a game with no deadwood? Thank you !

DeletedUser2595

"Mountain Halls / Aureate Phoenix - Production bonuses for boosted Goods of manufactories are no longer wrongfully applied to Event Buildings."
Why this passed totally unobserved?
Was this a bug? REALLY?? Haven't you always said that it was CORRECT that mountain halls gave that boost also for basis productions of event buildings that correspond to own boosted goods??
I want an exhausitive explanation, because I used regularly the still very little 3,5h power of AP for boosting the basis production of that pair of buildings aligned with my boosted goods.
If you didn't want the problem you should have immediately changed the basis productions in relationship to the boosted goods of the single user. But this should have done months ago, i'd say one year ago with the krarak event, the first time where the goods types produced were fixed. OR fix the bug as soon as someone raised the doubt, which was done pretty soon months ago.
Incredible, you are really a bunch of bunglers.

Arthus

"Mountain Halls / Aureate Phoenix - Production bonuses for boosted Goods of manufactories are no longer wrongfully applied to Event Buildings."
Why this passed totally unobserved?
Was this a bug? REALLY?? Haven't you always said that it was CORRECT that mountain halls gave that boost also for basis productions of event buildings that correspond to own boosted goods??
I want an exhausitive explanation, because I used regularly the still very little 3,5h power of AP for boosting the basis production of that pair of buildings aligned with my boosted goods.
If you didn't want the problem you should have immediately changed the basis productions in relationship to the boosted goods of the single user. But this should have done months ago, i'd say one year ago with the krarak event, the first time where the goods types produced were fixed. OR fix the bug as soon as someone raised the doubt, which was done pretty soon months ago.

Only chosen players received this boost, Sirens were giving a lot of bugged marble to marble players and wood/iron players didn't have any boosts.
It depended which was the first good of the building. In golden phoenix it was also marble, meaning that marble players were all the time unfair towards others.

DeletedUser2595

Maybe you haven't read my message carefully. This problem already existed since the first time they gave us such types of buildings, precisely with the krarak event, where some buildings had a basis production fixed for everyone, and not based on boosted goods. At that time some players obviously noticed that the basis production of some buildings was the same type of their boosted goods, and so the effect of the mountain halls was applied on them. So the question was: "is it a bug? well it's quite unfair that some players get a boost in an event buildings thanks to that!" OK, what was the answer by the moderators? "IT IS RIGHT THAT THE MOUNTAIN HALLS IS CONSIDERED".
Now I agree with you that is quite unfair BUT the moderators said it was ok and in fact this was not corrected! Then other buildings that give fixed basis productions came out often after this, quite every event!
Then also the Aureate Phoenix came up, which basis production IS NOT marble, but COINS. The boosting is related with the temporary effect and it is applied on others buildings, and it is added to the effect of MH upon that same particular event buildings, within those 3.5h. Indeed no one reported it as a bug.
What I say is, you CANNOT fix BOTH (if it was intended a bug, and it was not) now, they should have done this immediately months ago, without creating other programs of possible buildings that could have been boosted thanks to the effects of MH and AP, because players would have react to this.
I always asks myself why the hell moderators never answer me in my questions here. Have I some type of contagious disease?

Marindor

I always asks myself why the hell moderators never answer me in my questions here. Have I some type of contagious disease?

Maybe this has something to do with the language you are using :)

I want an exhausitive explanation

Sounds different than: "Could someone please explain this to me?"

And phrases like:

and

...why the hell moderators never...

Don't really give me a desire to respond to your questions either. This is not the way we communicate with each other here, so please keep that in mind for future posting :)

To get back to your actual question: When these situations were reported in the past, we forwarded it to our Game Designers and it indeed wasn't considered a bug. At this moment it has been decided that after al it does turn out to result in an undesired situation in regards to the difference in value it gives to different players, depending on your boost, so that has been fixed now. There's not really much more to be said about it. Of course it would have been nicer if that call was made several months ago, but apparently the estimation back then was different from what we're seeing now and it was decided that this was an undesired situation after all :)

Arthus

Just a while before, US forum legend SoggyShorts left the game and forums after 3+ years and 10k+ posts.

His final message was amazing.

As some of you may have noticed I took a 2-week break to see how I felt about leaving Elvenar. After 3 years and 10,000 forum posts:eek: (7 here, 3 on Beta/EN) I think my time here is over.

I'll certainly miss the forums, but I don't think I'll actually miss playing...at least not the game I've had the past ~15 months. @Tedious perfectly summed up the biggest late-game issues in his farewell thread:

-Staring down 6+ months between guest races, and knowing that those guest races can be either somewhat trivialized with spells[Portal Profits are OP imo]
-Spending downtime eking out minor city improvements to do more in the tournament for the main result to be "that I can do more in the tournament" started to feel too much like a pie eating contest where first prize was a free pie.
-Seeing a lot of "new" developments get lots of focus and attention (FSAs, challenges, crafting) right upon release, but then never really getting touched again as "good enough."
This is exactly how I have felt for quite some time, and I think I've waited as long as I could for Inno to add end-game content.

Best of luck to all of you, perhaps we'll meet again someday.
Cheers,
Soggy

If you need to reach me, I'll keep PM notifications turned on for a while.

IMO you really need to prioritize improving some features like Browser visits and the FA. It doesn't matter how, just do it.
To quote a Valve review: Sometimes changing full diapers IMMEDIATELY is the best cause of action before the stink starts ruining every pleasantness around you; not thinking about why, when or the optimal way of changing it for a long time before you do, looking like 40 road workers looking bewildered at each other while tossing one spade between them.

Never seen so powerful message from a team member towards devs.

Ofc community manager spoke her traditional line "please continue submitting your ideas, they make us better" blablabla. bla.

It seems that even team members start to jump off the ship after Spire of Failolnity and 2nd FA in 1 month.

DeletedUser2595

@Marindor thank you for your answer. Let me say that I have always been kind in my messages here (and sometimes, even when I was kind, it was difficult to receive an answer, and a lacking of answer is the worst rudeness ever), but this fix really embittered me. It was really a low bow like many others, quite unnoticed without any explanation. And again I do not change my idea about the question. It was easy to understand that this would have brought problems of iniquity. Anyway I like too much some other things of this game to just leave.

Marindor

Hi @Milton, good to hear that :) I understand your disappointment, especially if you were one of the players who benefited from this situation :)

Dony

King of Bugs
The game keeps evolving, we didnt had phoenixes last year so this wasnt that big of a problem back then, but if you got 2 AP on lvl10, this boost was enormous and created imbalance, even tho there were other options how to fix this.