• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.85

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

iDavis

Well I don´t think our problem with rewards was based on percentages. As I see, all this patch has changed was only chances to get rewards, but not type of rewards itself. There is still a lot of space for other changes to come (ranking points, KPs, troops, spells (which became more valuable after Combining Catalyst release) are just some of those really motivating me). Hopefully we still have a long journey till live-server release.

Lovec Krys

spells (which became more valuable after Combining Catalyst release)
This is especialy case of Magical Manufactoring, which you can get only 6 per tournament regardless your points (assuming you clean at least 5x8 provinces, but if you do 1680 points or 10k points, you still get only those 6 MM spells).

Btw. I agree with iDavis - there is simply not enough rewards justifying the costs in Spire. Many current rewards wouldn't even at 10x current amount.

DeletedUser2576

Marindor said:
In some chests the numbers of Combining Catalysts and Time Reductions have increased.
If you say that you should also mention that there was one chest were the number of Catalysts was decreased from 5 to 3 Catalysts^^

As mentioned in the spire thread i feel this is just like a change but the rewards did not really get better or worse. The change is so minor so nobody will really care. The only change that feeld kinda fine was the Djinn Change

salandrine

Its equal, if you will get 10 % or a 15 % chance to get something. Both are very bad results.

I got troop numbers, which are more than double to my barracks numbers, on first stage already. On second stage the needed troops are more than 2 1/2 time to barracks manufacturing. So, it ist really not worth to climb up the tower.

Jaxom

It is good to see that you are making an effort to improve the spire. But at this point I have so many Spell Fragments and coin/supply instants that I see little reason to spend troops on the effort.

You seem to have shifted rewards in Fellowship Adventure, Spire and events to many more crafting related items. And there is simply no way that I can use all of them that I am getting.

Maybe you need some type of "shop" where we could go and spend "credits" on things that we really want. You would win the "credits" in a variety of ways - Spire, FA, events. Spire rewards could still be somewhat chance based. Maybe 5% 1000 credits, 10% 400 credits, etc. But in the end WE, the players, would get to choose what we bought.

But as of now I still can't justify the cost in troops to win things that I don't need and can hardly use (Spell Fragments - I have 15k of them now).

DeletedUser1278

stil there is to much rubbish inside
I think they are trying to make it beter but stil dont play it thereselfs
but at this moment there is now way it can compete with tournament where you van get a 135 kp and more things if your fellowship is up to it
In the sphere you loose 10 times as much troops if its nt more to get coins and catalyst and tools what a joke.
on life have plenty of troops but if i look at the prices and chance to get something nice i dont even open the sphere

make it 1 price a box then people can see oke i want to go to round 6 or 15 to get that price they like now its a chance on nothing

DeletedUser2003

Some supply windfalls and coin rains got a better version.
Dearest Marindor, you know we love you and don't hold you responsible for any of this. That said, I don't understand the reluctance by the Dev Team to give decent rewards for this feature. Coin rains and supply windfalls are NOT good prizes...they are considered the "dud" prize in any event or feature. I can't imagine anyone singing "YAY!!! I won a coin rain!!! Woohoo!!!" I don't even look at what they are worth, 5%, 10%, 15%...I think "Crap. Another coin rain :(" when I win one. Enough people have written this in the feedback that it should be evident by now. Something that you can pick up in your city FOR FREE anytime you need it is not a prize and a "better version" of orc poo is still orc poo.. :eek::oops::confused:

Luv you :p

edeba

Ranking points is a reward idea... I don't mind some coin and supply instants, and I like that I have lots of spell fragments and CC spells now, and that have the option that I could consider going back to MM manufacturing. I have way more MM here on beta than on live because of that error a while back that gave us tons extra, but I like the idea of having lots of CC and being able to return to MM manufacturing.

Another reward idea is to earn spire credits that could be exchanged for further AW enhancements. Each wonder could have 10 spire bonuses that start by costing 100 spire credits, and increase by 100 spire per bonus. So, for example, the Golden Abyss gives population and coin. 100 spire could be applied to enhance population OR coin and you have 10 enhancements so you could do all 10 on just the population, or just the coin, or split them up. I would make this reward equivalent to how much it would go up with leveling the AW with KP. I would also make it so that if you are playing the whole spire, you'd earn 100-300 spire points (average 200) for completing the event depending on luck, as well as other prizes. 100+200+300+...+900+1000 = 5500 so it would take you in the range of 1/2 year to fully enhance a single AW, or about 13 weeks to add one enhancement to all AWs.

You could put this extra AW point booster reward in events as well...

Maybe you need some type of "shop" where we could go and spend "credits" on things that we really want. You would win the "credits" in a variety of ways - Spire, FA, events. Spire rewards could still be somewhat chance based. Maybe 5% 1000 credits, 10% 400 credits, etc. But in the end WE, the players, would get to choose what we bought.

Marindor

Hi guys!

Dearest Marindor, you know we love you and don't hold you responsible for any of this. That said, I don't understand the reluctance by the Dev Team to give decent rewards for this feature. Coin rains and supply windfalls are NOT good prizes...they are considered the "dud" prize in any event or feature. I can't imagine anyone singing "YAY!!! I won a coin rain!!! Woohoo!!!" I don't even look at what they are worth, 5%, 10%, 15%...I think "Crap. Another coin rain :(" when I win one. Enough people have written this in the feedback that it should be evident by now. Something that you can pick up in your city FOR FREE anytime you need it is not a prize and a "better version" of orc poo is still orc poo.. :eek::oops::confused:

Luv you :p

Haha luv you too! :p Thanks for all the feedback once again. We still have time to improve the rewards before the Live Release, so please keep the feedback and suggestions coming, for it's being closedly monitored at the moment. :)

palmira

I don't think the rewards are the major problem, the problem is basically we don't have troops to spare for the spire as it is: we need the troops for the tourney, that gives us KPs, runes, spells, blueprints and ranking points. There is no way to talk us into wasting troops that are needed on the tourney on a feature that is a goods (if you are desperate enough to try the diplomacy roulette) and troops sink without a major makeover of the feature. Either we can build more troops or the squad sizes in the spire diminishes a lot, now the spire is not even remotely competitive with the tourney

CrazyWizard

I don't think the rewards are the major problem, the problem is basically we don't have troops to spare for the spire as it is: we need the troops for the tourney, that gives us KPs, runes, spells, blueprints and ranking points. There is no way to talk us into wasting troops that are needed on the tourney on a feature that is a goods (if you are desperate enough to try the diplomacy roulette) and troops sink without a major makeover of the feature. Either we can build more troops or the squad sizes in the spire diminishes a lot, now the spire is not even remotely competitive with the tourney

As dony said, they are, if we had troops to spare we put them into the tournament for even more goodies. because those rewards are guaranteed en better overall.

If they added guaranteed KP instant rewards to all chests, so you woul dbe able to get a bunch of those as an aditional reward then it could be a nice source of those in adition to the tournaments.

It would also benefit wonders which it would be good if they are boosted a but more, without conflicting with the research tree.

palmira

I was only being real, It has been almost 2 months since the spire was introduced, the feedback has been mostly very negative and we haver only seen minor tweaks in squad sizes and the tweaks in the rewards have been negligible. I don't believe we will see major changes in the rewards but maybe if we stress that for those rewards what they are asking in troops and goods is ridiculous somebody will come to their senses...

DeletedUser2595

I think there is nothing useless in this game, because every single item leads to a possible choice. I think the spire gives good prizes, also the CC and the fragments. Actually i would diversify them, maybe diminishing the quantities of some items and introducing other ones, like suggested, kp instants or other things. Instead, eliminate everything totally is typical of a selfish mentality.
For example, many think the coins and supplies instants are useless...

What if I say the laboratories are useless and don't worth their construction at all? I won't say that because they correspond to many ways of playing, but I'm actually experimenting a city without any of them and regularly provides supplies rains thanks to the academy/events/spire (just now). Why? Just because it's possible. So don't say that because everyone follows the same way of playing.

What if we eliminate all the residences and substitute them with the regularly appearing event hybrid buildings? Were do we take the money? Well, there are of course Golden Abyss, the same event buildings, at least some of them, OR f.e. the coin rains. Do we still have the courage to call all of this things useless just because our way of playing implies dozens of residences?

The CC and the fragments in the spire. It doesn't mean that if we can find them in the spire we must put in the toilet bowl the entire system of disenchanting and academy's CC production. Let leave this last to those who won't do the spire for any reason or won't do it regularly. It's just a choice, another possibility to gain that resource. And if we choose both, a chance to increase our use of academy. The developers, with all of their defects, are giving us, in the years, choices. we could (and should) have the city we want with the widest choice possible. Why can't you all simply suggest resizing and/or balanced additions in favour of diversification instead of pushing for total elimination? The possibility is the key.

Now I wait for some administrator warning me that we here follow the natural darwinian selection with the notice that in future every feature will be obtained in a single way: if so I'm not afraid because I can adapt. Otherwise I'll continue to enjoy a game based on freedom were everyone can build his ideal city in harmony and with a flourishing of resources. But let me say it would become very sad if we are forced to copy the real homologated world.

Dony

King of Bugs
For example, many think the coins and supplies instants are useless...
they are useless, they are free, last time i run out of coins or supplies it was in chapter 1 or 2, many years ago, never anymore, and from that time we got billions of other ways how to get them
Actually i would diversify them, maybe diminishing the quantities of some items and introducing other ones, like suggested, kp instants or other things.
thats not good idea in a system which is based on luck, you must have relevant prizes for that percentages, getting even less then now is even worse
What if I say the laboratories are useless and don't worth their construction at all?
if you mean workshops, then yes they are useless for me aswell, i will go with 1 workshop for next chapter and if new events will throw at us another supplies i will drop that last one aswell
even manufactories are useless for some playstyles and for people who collected many event sets which produce them, but here we are not getting billions of resources (t1-t6) for free
What if we eliminate all the residences and substitute them with the regularly appearing event hybrid buildings? Were do we take the money? Well, there are of course Golden Abyss, the same event buildings, at least some of them, OR f.e. the coin rains. Do we still have the courage to call all of this things useless just because our way of playing implies dozens of residences?
cities without residences and without coin rains have unlimited coins like everybody else, due billions of ways to get them
The CC and the fragments in the spire. It doesn't mean that if we can find them in the spire we must put in the toilet bowl the entire system of disenchanting and academy's CC production.
i really wanted spire set or even 2, but i am really unlucky and never got library, on other hand i got so many fragments and CC that library becames obsolete even before i got it, however i like CC and fragments, we dont have so many ways to get them just yet
i have just started crafting other not best recipes but still usefull and it works for me

i have no problem getting coin rains/supplies here and there, but right now they are everywhere apart from tournament

DeletedUser2595

and from that time we got billions of other ways how to get them
This is exactly the point. And because of this you can't say any way of providing a resource is useless, just because you can use it instead of some other way.

thats not good idea in a system which is based on luck, you must have relevant prizes for that percentages, getting even less then now is even worse
Wait, I see that I haven't been clear... I mean "globally" diminishing the quantities (not the percentages) of resources provided by all the chests. For example let's take a chest where there are 3 CC, 1 coin instant, 500 fragments. I simply suggests to substitute one of them with another new thing, like a KP instant. In the major chests can be put RR, or other things now I don't know...

if you mean workshops, then yes they are useless for me aswell, i will go with 1 workshop for next chapter and if new events will throw at us another supplies i will drop that last one aswell
even manufactories are useless for some playstyles and for people who collected many event sets which produce them, but here we are not getting billions of resources (t1-t6) for free
yes, workshops, sorry... and still, they are not useless in a general way, they can be useless for a certain way. If we must talk specifically, I'd use more properly the term "unnecessary". So let's take again f.e. the resource of supplies: the various way of providing them, such as workshops, instants, AW... each one can be useful or useless for a certain gamer, but not necessary, just thanks to variety. Let's make another opposite example, if there weren't Hero's forge or Orc's nest to provide the orcs, we couldn't even discuss if armories are useful or useless to have orcs, they would be the only way to obtain orcs, for that reason, armories would be necessary to provide orc.

cities without residences and without coin rains have unlimited coins like everybody else, due billions of ways to get them
Indeed. So maybe I don't understand your point :(

i really wanted spire set or even 2, but i am really unlucky and never got library, on other hand i got so many fragments and CC that library becames obsolete even before i got it, however i like CC and fragments, we dont have so many ways to get them just yet
i have just started crafting other not best recipes but still usefull and it works for me
Well, once we have cleared the previous point about resizing the spire, I prefer diversification. KP instants have a single way to be used, so they are actually useful for the only one purpose they have for everyone, so I'd put them in the spire too, maybe replacing some of the coin/supplies instants or some fragments ecc, everything that seems too much. Simply that

Deleted User - 62044

""""GENIUS!!!!""""
this change everything; right nown, my opinion percentages have been altered a bit to give you a better chance on getting the real answer