• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.58

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

indigomage

Can we ask which order you are planning on tackling the browsers. I'm not looking for timescales or anything just a rough order. Only so that those of us that are using a specific browser can see where it is in the list!

Avenahar

The Woodelvenstock-Sound in my City is great, inspires me to jump around! I play as an Elf and I ask me if the music for humans is the same melody as for elves.
Unfortunately the music plays only one time, then I have to switch off the music effect and Switch it on again to have another round of heavenly sound until the piece stops again and I have to reactivate it again. Is it intended to be like this?.
By the way, the music doesn't invite to mosh and doesn't fit well to the mood of the introduction image and the buildings for the event. It's more good for a coffee party in a rest home. ;)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 8093

Thanks for the new background music!
Indeed as Avenahar said, it would be better if the music doesn't stop after the first time.

Avenahar

The infinite loop of the music works on Chrome in HTML5!
It doesn't work as well on Opera, even not in HTML5.

Dony

King of Bugs
now with first wishing wells expiring it would be nice if building loose street connection requirement so we can place it wherever we want without that extra icon over them informing us that we need street connection while we dont anymore

DeletedUser1681

now with first wishing wells expiring it would be nice if building loose street connection requirement so we can place it wherever we want without that extra icon over them informing us that we need street connection while we dont anymore
That's what I was thinking of suggesting - I second this.

Deleted User - 60107

@Marindor
Woodelvenstock music should loop correctly.
This is not fully fixed (at least on Firefox). What happens:
1) I log in the game and the music starts
2) When the music finishes for the first time it correctly starts again, as expected
3) When the music ends for the second time... it does NOT start again, no matter how long I wait

In addition, after the music stops, if I turn music "off" and then turn it "on" again the music does NOT start again. But if I go to the World Map and then back to the town it starts again (and again stops after #3 above).

edeba

So, not related to the release notes, any way we can get an idea of when we will get the next chapter, as in under or over say 2 months? A tighter estimate if possible...

SoggyShorts

lets get finally restoration spell first and then worry about anything else
Meh. While the RR spell is important, it's not like I would use it for anything, so it falls behind new guest race news for me. I have blueprints, there's just nothing that a better event building would do for me.
I keep looking at my field of wishing wells that expire in 11.5 days and I wonder what will keep me logging in each day when they are done....:(

SoggyShorts

Another field that you can get from current event?:rolleyes:
Not nearly worth it. It was great when expansions were cheap(since I had never bought any), but another whole field on a 12h schedule for another 100 days to get maybe 1 more expansion? Yuck.
And again, what would I do with that expansion?

SoggyShorts

You can go for premium workshop
Premium WS = 1400 diamonds.
A perfect wishing well gives 200 diamonds.
Realistically that's 8 wishing wells per WS(maybe 9)
Most events give ~10 buildings not sure about this one.

So I play the whole event just for the wells, some instants, and maybe a grand prize or 2, then use ~4 expansions for 100 days, collecting close to once every 12h just to replace 2 regular WS with a magic one giving me an extra 21 squares. Almost an expansion. Still nothing to use that expansion for. Still Yuck.

The problem with being stuck at the end with no new chapter is that you just keep improving your city(wonders&expansions), further reducing the challenge of the next chapter, thereby increasing the downtime between chapters again. I loved chapter 12, but 42 days of what I consider "actually playing" this year has not been enough for me.

Thanks for trying to give me something to go for, but it's looking more and more like I'll be taking a hiatus in a couple of weeks.

Heymrdiedier

So, not related to the release notes, any way we can get an idea of when we will get the next chapter, as in under or over say 2 months? A tighter estimate if possible...
Being advocate of the devil here: im not sure you can trust any estimate if they said it anyway. It will come when it comes...
They said in march 2017 in a QA facebook session, that work on the blueprint 2nd use (restoration spell) was almost finished and would come soon.
They said 2 months ago they needed to rebalance event buildings because the restoration spell was about to come.

(And yes i keep bringing this up, they said we needed to ask more about it on forum if we want it to happen, since they said it was coming 2 months ago, we stopped asking about it, so maybe its our mistake it still isnt here yet)

Heymrdiedier

Premium WS = 1400 diamonds.
A perfect wishing well gives 200 diamonds.
Realistically that's 8 wishing wells per WS(maybe 9)
Most events give ~10 buildings not sure about this one.

So I play the whole event just for the wells, some instants, and maybe a grand prize or 2, then use ~4 expansions for 100 days, collecting close to once every 12h just to replace 2 regular WS with a magic one giving me an extra 21 squares. Almost an expansion. Still nothing to use that expansion for. Still Yuck.

The problem with being stuck at the end with no new chapter is that you just keep improving your city(wonders&expansions), further reducing the challenge of the next chapter, thereby increasing the downtime between chapters again. I loved chapter 12, but 42 days of what I consider "actually playing" this year has not been enough for me.

Thanks for trying to give me something to go for, but it's looking more and more like I'll be taking a hiatus in a couple of weeks.
taking a break for a week (or more) will probably give you more diamonds anyway then a wishing well. :D