• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.54

SoggyShorts

Dony, you can get blueprints from every tourney if your fellowship hits the 10th chest
This is why I don't understand the name change though.
If the only way to get them is the 10th chest, why change the name to "spells" --- Is the implication that they can be gained in other ways?

Heymrdiedier

This is why I don't understand the name change though.
If the only way to get them is the 10th chest, why change the name to "spells" --- Is the implication that they can be gained in other ways?
If i can use FoE as a point of reference, i think they might want 2 different kind of spells that do similar things. 1 that upgrades a building 1 level, and 1 that upgrades a building to your current level. I think that might be the reason of the namechange.

Also a Blueprint makes sense as the name when you upgrade abuilding like a workshop or residence, but when you upgrade a unicorn (and it visually stays the same) then blueprint might not be a good name for it

DeletedUser605

I have just lost over 12k culture and nearly 7k population!!

SoggyShorts

If i can use FoE as a point of reference, i think they might want 2 different kind of spells that do similar things. 1 that upgrades a building 1 level, and 1 that upgrades a building to your current level. I think that might be the reason of the namechange.
That would make sense....
Also a Blueprint makes sense as the name when you upgrade abuilding like a workshop or residence, but when you upgrade a unicorn (and it visually stays the same) then blueprint might not be a good name for it
It's always a good idea to have a blueprint when you upgrade your unicorn.
uni.jpg

I have just lost over 12k culture and nearly 7k population!!
Wow, you have some really old buildings. A venar's rocks from Chapter 8, and now you are in chapter 10? My venar's is from chapter 3, and I finished Elementals a week ago... Did you take a break from Beta?

Potvorisko

Changes in the data means I cannot upload the beta buildings to the Elven Architect just yet, but I'm able to run a report on any detected changes:

Building Changes 1.54

I believe I'm interpreting the data correctly, but do let me know if there are any mistakes.

Okey, it seems fair enough now. The next question is how we will be able to gain this new spell. For my main account it would be just fine to gain it in tournament in 10th chest, but that is possibility just for few top fellowships. I hope, there will be more possibilities to get this in future also for other players, who are not that lucky to be in top tournaments fellowship.

DeletedUser2408

@Marindor why are u putting those words
"We decided to keep the population bonus as close to the old value as possible, because for the majority of people, population is more precious than culture."
if the values are still abysmal and not close to old values? really, it isn't funny to put in that way :(

DeletedUser605

Wow, you have some really old buildings. A venar's rocks from Chapter 8, and now you are in chapter 10? My venar's is from chapter 3, and I finished Elementals a week ago... Did you take a break from Beta?

Yeah, lots - I liked the look of my Father Tree of Candy Canes ... not so much now though :D
I can feel a complete city redesign comming on!!

SoggyShorts

IMO the worst part of the change is nerfing buildings from chapter 8. All buildings in chapter 8 were already very weak when you consider the normal buildings you unlock in the next chapter.
I would have hoped that when doing a rebalancing that the massive jump from 8 to 9 would have been addressed.

DeletedUser2405

they can do whatever they want with their game to balance it how they feel, if you think its not correct then you should convince us otherwise

They can do whatever they want but without damaging any player

Deleted User - 57237

Rebalance should be done in the same time with possiblity to upgrade building with spells. You cut our population, you devastated our cities and now we have to w8 months with obsolete buildings? This is sick. Now I have 2 options, remove event buildings and build regular buildings or remove my manufactories and lost kp's from tournament. In both situations I lose. What you give me for this?

Ashrem

My best guess is that the current re-balance is going to prove sufficiently painful to make me overly sad. I think it's going to be terribly unpopular on live, and going to lead to the kind of histrionics that lead to threats and rage-quitting.

We've had to make decisions since the first event about which buildings to keep, and which to discard. I've thrown out Blue tree enclosures from the winter event because my glossy gardens from a year ago were both more attractive and more functional. Now the developers have made a decision that will change this. I do not, however, have any-way to change my decision. The feeling of fairness is an important part of player retention. This does not feel fair, which is a bit of an issue

I sincerely hope you revisit the amount of the adjustments. perhaps they could be broken into smaller increments over the next couple of updates, or players could receive one upgrade spell for each event building they have deployed from a previous event, or just auto-upgrade buildings from the past to 1 chapter below where the player is currently. I think it is probably worthwhile to make some effort to ward off the fallout of this decision.

Karvest

or players could receive one upgrade spell for each event building they have deployed from a previous event, or just auto-upgrade buildings from the past to 1 chapter below where the player is currently.
Even with this my candy trees would be much worse than it was before, despite it was taken 2 chapters ago (and worse than most of other daily's from last winter event)...
Nerfing good prizes to the level lower than low-end prizes from the same event was and boosting those low-end looks like bullying players...